Government sponsors 'Swine Beauty Queen' contest for fat women

webfact

Government sponsors 'Swine Beauty Queen' contest for fat women
By Prae Sakaowan

swine_beauty_contest_poster1.jpg

What is the message they’re trying to promote in this pageant? We imagine it must not be body-positive

BANGKOK: -- To celebrate National Swine Day in December, the Swine Farmer Association together with Kasetsart University, an institute well-known for its agriculture studies and making students wear an anti-cheating helmet, will throw a “Swine Beauty Queen” pageant contest for women.

We are disgusted and angry.

The promo poster, featuring a pretty plus-size woman, was released yesterday on the official Facebook page of Department of Livestock that is sponsoring the event, and instantly went viral for the obvious reason -- Thais tagging and poking fun of their friends to show some tough love.

Besides the basic rules that contestants must weigh over 90 kilograms and must be Thai-national women, the poster states they must not have “socially stigmatized or unhealthy diseases such as diabetes.”

To fill in stereotypes about fat people, the participating ladies “must have knowledge about swines and love eating them” and “have a great sense of humor”.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/10/22/government-sponsors-swine-beauty-queen-contest-fat-women

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-10-23

The heads of the PC police in the U.S. would literally explode over this one! Lol

they have fat lady contests in USA....actually the PC do it to show the beauty of being unhealthy....They actually ban in some countries models that are too slim or looking too young (even they are not young).

Only "or unhealthy diseases such as diabetes" would make the PC police upset.

The heads of the PC police in the U.S. would literally explode over this one! Lol

they have fat lady contests in USA....actually the PC do it to show the beauty of being unhealthy....They actually ban in some countries models that are too slim or looking too young (even they are not young).

Yes but do they connect the said contests to swine....? :lol: Edited by Soutpeel

Actually, the U.S. now promotes a movement called HAES "Health at every size". It's theme is the that fat = healthy.

Anybody remembe a few months ago when reddit banned the sub-forum "Fat People Hate"?

Actually, the U.S. now promotes a movement called HAES "Health at every size". It's theme is the that fat = healthy.

Anybody remembe a few months ago when reddit banned the sub-forum "Fat People Hate"?

Healthy at every size.

Yippee ee. Amazingly I have never seen an obese person in any part of the world that had a famine.......

Eat less, get thinner. Amazing.

If it's Thai women only, why is the woman in the poster a non Thai?

You got to have something to aspire to. Thanks to high calorie junk food having entered the markets, it's now much easier for the native population to bloat themselves to monumental proportions. Who knows, when your skin stretches, maybe it'll even turn whiter!

In related news:

The Oversized Ladies of Thailand Association (OLT) is sponsoring a Official Idiot of the Year (OIY) contest for any and all officials or employees of institutions in Thailand.

The basic rules for the pageant state that participants must have originated at least 10 public statements or initiatives over a one year period, deemed to be asinine, spectacularly dumb and mind-bogglingly stupid in nature and conception. As there is no shortage of candidates, the OLT has prepared double- and triple-crowns as well as subcategory winning titles such as Numbskull of the Year and Dumbass of the Year, among others.

OLT predicts this event to become an instant hit and is now preparing for an eventual monthly edition.

At least one country that calls a spade a spade, a fat person is fat, not full slim, not big boned, not full figured, they are fat because they eat too much, admittedly some can be attractive as long as they keep their clothes on.

Fat wimmen need luvin' too!

I had a co-worker I traveled with a lot & he was about 160 lbs, and wanted NOTHING TO DO with slim women.

He was in his 50's, I was in my 30's, and he went for the "Low Hanging Fruit".

He got to describing his encounter with a fat gal he had picked up off the street the night before in S. Korea once to me & a few other guys at breakfast.

"Yeah, you gotta help them fat gals out in the shower. They got all that fat & they can't reach down into all them rolls around their rib cages & bellies & such because their arms are too fat, so ya gotta help 'em scrub up in between all them rolls of fat in the shower".

I was sitting next to him at the breakfast table & scooted over one chair away. bah.gif

"What is the message they’re trying to promote in this pageant? We imagine it must not be body-positive"

Perhaps the idea of using the word "swine" in the title is most offensive.

Perhaps we could also be reminded that the multi-billion dollar fashion scene also worships thin.

post-9891-0-18760000-1445567541_thumb.jp

Although this is a 'fake' photo, it illustrates the emphasis on anemic looking young models. Just as offensive.

They couldn't find a photo of a Thai woman who weighed more than 90 kilos?

If it's Thai women only, why is the woman in the poster a non Thai?

Quite true now that you mention it. 90 KG is 198 lbs for us N. Americans, and aside from a few ancient crones I have seen in my 17 years off & on all over Thailand, I can't recall seeing any young ones (under 60) that were 90 kg/198 lbs.

Most are about 45 - 55 kg/99 - 121 lbs, and the few rotund ones I have seen are maybe 70 kg/154 lbs.

Back in '98 shortly after the Asian financial crisis when Thailand was baled out by the IMF, they had an I'M FAT competition for women in Samut Prakarn I think. Not much in the way of PC around back then.

As an aside, around the same time I took a motorcycle taxi who wanted to charge me 40 baht over the odds. When I asked him why his answer was "IMF, IMF!" Thailand really is amazing!