Anyone else having to reload to load URL's ever since gateway announcement?

steelepulse

Until the gateway announcement that was later said to not be happening ( until a renamed gateway was again promoted) I never had problems connecting to URL's on the first attempt. However, ever since the gateway announcement, 60-70% of browser requests don't connect and I end up having to do multiple requests to finally pull up a page. A friend of mine also was commenting on this saying the same thing was happening to him. I mainly use Opera, but this also occurs on FF. GRRR

Not having your problem...I'm on True in Bangkok. No change in connecting to URLs just as I had no problem last week, last month, last year, etc.

You probably may have a slow connection/local line problem...or a computer/browser problem.

Yesterday I had similar problems. Generally long delays until sites opened.

I am on ToT fibre.

I am astonished that I can not find any news in "The Nation" about yesterdays cyberattacks on CAT? (or did I miss it)

Bringing down their website, exposing customer data, finding plans that the "single gateway" is and will be a top priority despite the public appeasement.

The other English language newspaper which must not be linked here, has a detailed report about it.

Be prepared for more to come.

Yesterday I had similar problems. Generally long delays until sites opened.

I am on ToT fibre.

I am astonished that I can not find any news in "The Nation" about yesterdays cyberattacks on CAT? (or did I miss it)

Bringing down their website, exposing customer data, finding plans that the "single gateway" is and will be a top priority despite the public appeasement.

The other English language newspaper which must not be linked here, has a detailed report about it.

Be prepared for more to come.

Wow...just read that story in today's Bangkok Post. I expect Thai govt website and state-owned companies like CAT & TOT are easy pickings for hackers.

Same problems here for the last 3 weeks, but I would say it is in the region of 10% of connections to websites for me. Connection speed is fine, everything else is fine (FTP etc. full speed). Something isn't right. True BKK ADSL.

Same problem here in Chiang Mai.

I am not getting anywhere near the 60%/70% problems as steelepulse, but over the last couple of weeks I am receiving the white page with the unavailable message more frequently and noticed that utube videos are coming to a grinding halt with that irritating circle twirling around after a few minutes into the video and have to refresh the video to continue watching.

I am on the 10mb 3bb package and until recently was getting download speeds of 11.23mb. Over the last 3 or 4 weeks my speeds have decreased down to 6.99mb. Something is up without a doubt and it doesn`t smell too good.

I've recently started having the 'click twice to get anything to load' issue, TOT fibre, northern BKK sad.png

EDIT also my Amazon VPN refuses to connect (OpenVPN) but my (slower) StrongVPN connects OK, seems to fix the click twice issue.

I'm having the same problem that steelepulse originally mentioned. It started a few days ago. Having to reload URLs multiple times after getting blank pages (Win 10 w/Edge browser).

I'm in Patong with TOT. We had a complete outage from about 8pm on the 22nd until sometime in the afternoon on the 23rd (router/modem unable to connect to the internet). Wife called TOT who said there were numerous reports of outages in our area.

Yesterday afternoon, service was restored, and speed seemed good. Now, as of about 10am, we're having the same problems again. Strangely enough, Facebook pages load with good speed, but everything else either fails completely, or takes several minutes to load, including ThaiVisa.

For now, I'm using my DTAC Aircard and I don't seem to be having any major issues.

have it for a few weeks, worst is on here. forever checking True ADSL speed, always fine 12 to just over 13. yet mostly blank page loads or get timed out must constant reload..

oddly use a VPN and always opens 1st time

Good to hear other have the same problems as thinking was something to do with upgrading to Windows 10 a few weeks ago.

Horrible all day today on TOT. Got kicked off of Thai Visa at 10:30 AM and now am finally able to get back but had to wait at least 5 minutes for this "reply" box to load. It appears to me to be a DNS attack since some web sites load quickly but others, like this one, are complete agony waiting for loading

There is something going on since this is highly unusual to last so long, can't help but feel that the minders are trying out the new gateway that they claim has been shelved but they have lied about so many things now, their credibility is absolutely 0

I sure would hate to be working for the BOI, how could you encourage a company to invest in Thailand which has a obviously dysfunctional education system, only talk about infrastructure spending no actual spending, and Internet that doesn't work

Someone please tell my why would anyone invest in Thailand ?

Edited by Langsuan Man

Horrible all day today on TOT. Got kicked off of Thai Visa at 10:30 AM and now am finally able to get back but had to wait at least 5 minutes for this "reply" box to load. It appears to me to be a DNS attack since some web sites load quickly but others, like this one, are complete agony waiting for loading

There is something going on since this is highly unusual to last so long, can't help but feel that the minders are trying out the new gateway that they claim has been shelved but they have lied about so many things now, their credibility is absolutely 0

<snip>

This smells a little more like a gateway throughput issue to me.

I have my router and Laptop both hardcoded to use a DNS server in the US, which will obviously make IP resolution a little slower, but not like this. I believe that some of the really large sites replicate their data around the globe, which may account for some sites like Facebook loading quickly from a local copy. IIRC, Thai Visa is not hosted in Thailand.

I just called TOT. Could not tell me if the outages were due to the system being under attack or if the Thai government was messing with the system. The problem covers the whole TOT system and they are working diligently to fix the unknown or undisclosed problem. I'm in east Bangkok.

I'm on Pattaya dark side and on a 13/1 ToT ADSL connection. Usually very good but for the last three days it's been atrocious.

Today, although I can connect to local sites, such as TMB, with no issues, trying to load BBC or Pandora has proved next to impossible. I eventually got Pandora to connect but it's buffering every few seconds, indicating a slow connection.

However, and this is the strange bit, TestMyNet tells me that my speeds are OK - I've seen better but it reports 10Mbps download and 600kbps upload to Hong Kong. I managed to download an 800 MB file from YIFY in about 15 minutes so the line is certainly working OK.

I don't know if this is government interference, ToT incompetence, Anonymous, or an international gateway problem but I hope that it gets fixed soon!

DM

What I suspect.

There is something going on,

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Tighten-govt-online-security-PM-30271493.html

I have erratic results when browsing foreign websites.

The IPTV (streamed from CAT servers) works fine, while other sites have mysterious problems.

Took me repeated attempts to open Thaivisa.

I am still searching the problem at my PCs or router, but can't find anything.

I only find the problem on Thai Visa, about every second or third time I upload....I have to either wait a few seconds or hit refresh! facepalm.gif

My IPTV is also working fine..... as with KBQ^

On 3BB 15mbs (or whatever it is!)

The few times I use foreign web sites, always seems fine with Hola....

I am on TOT WiNet here in rural Khampaeng Phet and I am now happy to find that I am not alone with my internet problem.

Over the last 2 or 3 weeks I have had to reload pages 2 and sometimes 3 times and I have been working ThaiVisa and when I want to change to the next page it reports that it cannot find thaivisa.com.

This lunchtime I gave up on TVF completely but it seems a lot better at 6pm.

Yes i have the issue also on 3BB Fiber in Chiang Mai

It has been happening off and on for a few weeks on my 3BB DSL 13/1 line in CM but nearly exclusively on TV, or at least predominantly. Turn on my VPN and the problem goes away. So my issue predates the Great Firewall announcement but doesn't mean they haven't been messing around with it for a few months. Believe it was first tabled in April.

I'm having the same problem that steelepulse originally mentioned. It started a few days ago. Having to reload URLs multiple times after getting blank pages (Win 10 w/Edge browser).

I'm in Patong with TOT. We had a complete outage from about 8pm on the 22nd until sometime in the afternoon on the 23rd (router/modem unable to connect to the internet). Wife called TOT who said there were numerous reports of outages in our area.

Yesterday afternoon, service was restored, and speed seemed good. Now, as of about 10am, we're having the same problems again. Strangely enough, Facebook pages load with good speed, but everything else either fails completely, or takes several minutes to load, including ThaiVisa.

For now, I'm using my DTAC Aircard and I don't seem to be having any major issues.

The same problem happened there exactly at the same time in Rawai with TOT. Very weird issue, suddenly 90% of websites started to time out. For some reasons, the 10% like reddit or google kept working perfectly fine with normal speed. I didn't have the complete outage on 22nd though.

Now it seems all websites are ok. I still have issues with some client/server applications with servers hosted in europe. I can't get a reply from them. However when I use the network option of one of this application (some kind of trace route) it says I have a very good connection with normal average ping and 0 packet loss. Wth is going on there?

• 2 weeks later...