Poland votes in a general election on Sunday with implications beyond its borders

Jonathan Fairfield

Poland votes in a general election on Sunday with implications beyond its borders

606x341_315816.jpg

While not standing himself, Jaroslaw Kaczynski’s conservative, eurosceptic Law and Justice Party is tipped to win, though perhaps not with an outright majority.

Its candidate for Prime Minister is Beata Szydlo but critics believe Kacynski – twin brother of Poland’s late president Lech who died in a plane crash five years ago – would be the back seat driver.

His supporters insist he offers Poland’s only chance to protect its traditional Catholic identity and national sovereignty.

They hope to unseat Ewa Kopacz whose centrist Civic Platform party has governed since 2007.

She has made a deal with Brussels to take in some 7,000 refugees – something that would not have happened with Kaczynski at the controls.

The arrival of Muslim refugees would, he said, threaten Poland’s Catholic values and therefore they should not be admitted.

“We should help (the refugees) but in a safe way, financially,” he said.

For Kaczynski’s critics he is a xenophobic autocrat who demands absolute loyalty from his supporters and threatens to limit personal freedoms in Poland in the name of preserving national unity and conservative values.

Kopacz, does not mince her words: “The Civic Platform is here so that we build a dam to stop those who want to turn Poland into a European museum of fanaticism.”

United Left leader Barbara Nowacka has said an anti-Law and Justice coalition may be needed to defend Poland’s pro-European course and stop Kaczynski from implementing his policies.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-10-25

Poland as one of the biggest EU countries (only Germany, France, UK, Italy and Spain have bigger populations) leads by example and now has a great opportunity to say "No thanks, we don't want another Birmingham or Marseille here. Guess how many Poles are fighting with ISIS. Guess how many Muslim terrorist attacks there have been in Poland. You've guessed right. And we want to keep it that way".

Sure enough, being browbeaten by Merkel and the EU politburo brings a price with it, well until the last vestiges of sovereignty are taken away from the nation states of Europe.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/260558/polish-government-pays-election-agreeing-muslim-daniel-greenfield

Now Merkel will have helped Euroskeptics and opponents of Muslim migration in Poland. And not just in Poland. Apparently Germany's leader still hasn't learned that forcing other countries to do your will, will backfire.

Edited by Steely Dan

Bit rich coming from a country famed in recent years for the amount of workers they've exported.

clap2.gif ^^^^

when the shoe was on the other foot, they had no problem seeking the same kind of relief they now refuse to others.

Bit rich coming from a country famed in recent years for the amount of workers they've exported.

clap2.gif ^^^^

when the shoe was on the other foot, they had no problem seeking the same kind of relief they now refuse to others.

Not the same.

Poles integrate with locals.

This arab immigrants not so much, do they.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

I hope he wins, it is time to stop the invasion of Europe.

You are clearly deluded. Follow link below to see what invasion actually means:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Poland

It is orchestrated invasion.

Many of them are not even Syrians

Its an globalists plan to destroy nationalism.

Part of it

Just like promoting sex same mariage and such, even pope doing it...

Edited by BeefSlapper

clap2.gif ^^^^

Not the same.

What utter crap. The poles stick together as does every immigrant group.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

clap2.gif ^^^^

Not the same.

Stickig together is not an issue. Normal thing.

The point is they not force polish culture on english man or in chicago for example.

When I stayed in uk theres a lot of pakistanis and they were converting young Lithuanians Hungarias immigrants to islam. They implementing sharia laws in london areas already. Look how they dress. They get offended by short skirts and that. Got my point?

No not at all. The majority of muslims in the UK are integrated and impose nothing. Stopping small minded ignorance maybe will help move all on to a happier place

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/dec/06/muslim-vigilantes-jailed-sharia-law-attacks-london

Etc.

Edited by BeefSlapper

Part of it

If only frickin' nationalism could be destroyed. Along with religionism, nationalism has caused (and will do so for years to come) so much death and destruction since long time ago.

clap2.gif ^^^^

Not the same.

yes but they look like as, so they are not as visible as the others that are a different shade of white and wear funny clothes

Part of it

If only frickin' nationalism could be destroyed. Along with religionism, nationalism has caused (and will do so for years to come) so much death and destruction since long time ago.

Then your country history would be wiped out or twisted.

Thats what happens in Poland with left and jews in power.

In thier books it was polish concentration camps not german.

And poles were jews murderers not saviors. And things like that.

Part of it

None of what u mention are issues. Extremism and ignorance is what needs addressing

Edited by rijit