Immigration crackdown: Thousands of foreigners charged for illegally entering Thailand

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

probably referring to foreigners from laos/cambodia/burma.....

they have been coming in illegally since jesus christ was a lance corporal. And they know where they work.

Now they are tagging them.

Probably right. And not really difficult to find them.

The migrants desperate enough to live in 'container villages' who keep Thailand's economy ticking over.

An estimated 4 million foreign migrant workers have flocked to Thailand in search of higher wages.

The village sprang up in a matter of days - neat lines of bright- yellow houses that looked like something a child might have built with Lego bricks.

This eye-catching complex on the outskirts of Bangkok is unlikely to win any architectural awards. But for the hundreds of migrants who live there it is an unusually neat home in a country where poorly paid foreign workers often toil in harsh conditions.

http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/southeast-asia/article/1871997/migrants-desperate-enough-live-container-villages-who-keep

6d99ef3cd6d6c10b4f9812ac96511dd6.jpg?itoe09c144338648918b7ba6a5fb2536fe9.jpg?ito

Edited by JohnnyJazz

firstly i do not live in pattaya ,but i have been a few times ,and not everyone there is a drunk or a sex tourist ,bank robber etc. so why keep harping on about it ,does it make up for the fact your skint and living in the boonies with the love of your life who you met in a bank or charity diner at the dusit

what a load of crap , let he who is innocent throw the first stone ,nearly every one who posts on thai visa is married to a hi so well there's not a chance a so called hi so would be marrying a farang ,

I wouldn't say that every one is married or even married to a Hi so that contributes on TV, however I've got ta duck out and take the kids to private collage school in the Pink Bentley , bye.cheesy.gif

Call me cynical if you will... but I just DO NOT Believe this story at all.

9000 people ??? Have you any idea how much of a logistical exercise that would be ??

The paperwork alone would be horrific, and where would they put them.

How would the courts manage this ? Think how many busses would be required to just move them around.

9000 is impossible, 900 is unlikely, 90 is getting closer, 9 is probably correct

Some posts in violation of the following forum rule have been removed:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Why is it Pattaya gets all the quality tourists !! whistling.gif

fair suck of the sav mate..9,000...the streets would be all but deserted.

So will IDC ouch i would say about 200 plus per room and all sleeping on the floor ... humidity going to be going through the roof i think the immigration have got a task on their hands right now and you have to feed this 9000 people too but at the end of the day they will just come back ..? looks to me a pr stunt .?

In my country such a crackdown would be decried as racist by the progressives. Actually one just was.

except the definition "Progressive" is self-defined .The loony liberal unintelligent Edited by kingalfred

""Some people will do almost anything to get a free t-shirt!gigglem.gif

I wonder what it costs for 9000 t-shirts?""

I think Willyumii has put his finger on the spot. It is possible that the one of the top officials has a brother in law selling t-shirts and needed a large sale to stay in business a bit longer. Thus the crack down and t-shirt expose.

Edited by reptile91602

.....as for those that got paid to help them enter the country....emm...let's just make this about foreigners...

...most foreigners come here without a clue...and are introduced to some officer...of friend of an officer......

....they 'know how to do it'.....and get duly paid.......

...who is the one in the position to know the law....and how to break it...or get around it....

...and who should really be nabbed...and punished.....

....the officer with 3-4-5 houses you say.....hmmm...

9,000!!!

Jesus.

One has to ask how 9,000 were allowed to enter illegally in the first place.

Clearly Immigration has no idea what the hell is going on.

Of course they do! With a bit of money changing hands the blind eye turns up.

Edited by stgrhe

9,000!!!

Jesus.

Maybe their Syrian refugees claiming asylum?

I suspect this includes multitudes of Burmese, Laotians, Cambodian workers working illegally in the Kingdom. They are considered foreigners too. Raiding construction sites will kick up the total pretty quickly. Hundreds at a time. Unfortunately when these poor people are deported the people who employed them keep their wages and get months of hard labor for free.

Why is it Pattaya gets all the quality tourists !! whistling.gif

When you cater to people who need to pay for sex, you get a lot of tourist who need to pay for sex.

Maybe that is why???

Or may be because people with money go to fun places, instead of farms in the middle of the jungle

You mean sexpats and sexpests?

I can only assume that a lot of these people were from neighbouring countries who entered, and worked, here illegally.

I see a lot of African faces in the photos.

Is Africa a neighboring country now?

They use photos of a few dozen whites and blacks like the media in any far right, prejudiced country would, for sensationalism. Complete with a SWAT guy with AK47.

News articles have already said the vast majority were from neighboring countries.

9,000!!!

Jesus.

Immigrations crackdowns certainly seem to make a lot of TV regulars very excited and nervous.