What is the status of the supposed new kind of visa?

So I am guessing that there won't even be a check box with METV on the app form if all these requirements are cast in stone - or would there be a (available to Laotians only) in said brackets? (and how many Laotians will be able to meet the rest of those requirements).

But if METV is on the form in Savannakhet (or bizarrely even 2 entry) for some unaccountable reason but you know you could not satisfy the other requirements they are asking for would you sense that the consulate is treating it in exactly the same manner as the old 2 entry tourist visa and apply for it anyway because nobody is going to enforce anything or would you play it safe, apply for a single, do an extension then do it all over again 90 days later and prey that it has all been changed back to what it was again? And in the meantime re-check with the school to see if they've relaxed the documents needed for the Ed visa - some people do move to remoter parts of the country to be with her family, set up small businesses (very modest ones) and sustain themselves and their partners with it (for whom they cannot marry because marriage is not recognized as such in the world epicenter for such genders), and also take online course material /homework from the school.

I don't see how I have done anything wrong and the circumstances I find myself would be incredibly funny if it wasn't all so deadly serious.

GLBV. I bet you get as many different opinions here as you do replies to your post. If your immigrations friend does not have the up to date information, why on earth would you think anyone here whoud have the answer? You also mentioned November; well today is only the first day of the month so hang on and finally, go ask this question at immigrations and I bet you will get different answers too. Good luck

Would be even nicer if the thread starter would come back and answer some simple questions wink.png

The thread has completely derailed and does not contribute to the original "problem".

Not really surprising with this "hot" topic line.

Waste of time, cyberstorm.

Edited by KhunBENQ

The Thai Consulate in Zürich informed about new Tourist and Non-Immigrant-O Visa regulations starting from 13. Nov. 2015:

Single Entry Tourist Visas will be as before.

Double and Tripple Entry Tourist Visas will not be issued any more.

New Multi entry Tourist Visas will be issued but additiononal documentation will be required:

• Air ticket or booking
  • Hotel booking
  • Prove of a job in your country of residence
  • Prove of unlimmited permission to stay in your country of residence.
  • Prove of funds in a bank account of at least 7500 CHF for the last 6 month.

More Details see attachments in German.

--

Non Immigrant O Visa with reason 'retired' - single or multiple entry - will be issued with

• Prove of a pension (not income from a job - not working any more)
  • Prove of a longtime rent or own appartment in Thailand
  • Prove of money in a bank of at least 30'000 CHF during the last 3 month
  • Prove of residence permit in Switzerland if not a Swiss citizen

More Details see attachents in German

Regards

Thedi

1. How can you have an appartment or rental contract when you are just applying for the initial visa to even get there ?

2. Does the above mean that you have to show both income AND the 30'000 ? Has this changed for the retirement extension in Thailand as well ?

3. What happens if the (company, not state) pension is paid out in full in one time and there is still some years for the state pension to drop in (early reteirement) This is usually only done if you have cancelled your residence permit - and therefore might result in a clash between reequirement 30'000 in the bank and the proof of residence at the time of applicaton.

4. What if your wife has a house in Thailand - enough of proof for the possibility to stay in a building once in Thailand ?

Why can I not just live in a hotel 2 moinths and then look for the house for rent that I really like ?

I guess these rules (non-immigrant-O) will pose problems for many. Then why not get there without visa, head to Penang and get the O hassle free and make an extension for one year afterwards. Or it has to be based on marriage - although I would be perfectly qualified to get an extension based on retirement with the money in bank method (I could show plenty of assets - but only after they are payed out to me obviously)

Not 7500 dollars on deposit but 7500 dollars income for every month earned.That is an proven salary of 7500 dollars a month.

It is not a income of of 7500 CHF (not dollars). It is a minimum of 7500 CHF in the bank for 6 months prior to the date you apply.

Thanks for the clarification

Most likely they'll end up requiring one document or the other, not both - either job proof or proof of funds. Like retirement extensions require 800k or 40k/mo.

Pretty sure they'll realise some people are cashed up and currently unemployed / retired at under 50, and refusing those people harms their bottom line and coveted TAT statistics.

hope youre right

I'm hoping they won't require anything at all for G7 nations. I may be right, the UK embassy website has added the new visa but makes no mentions of any requirements.

And a poster here phoned up and was told G7 nations wouldn't require any financial proof, or residency, just a return address in the same country. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/867234-metv-im-confused/page-9#entry10038379

Not just the financial requirements, but the proof of employment in your home country too. It would appear that the Thai government have closed a hole that the "digital nomads" were hiding in ?

It appears not, for G7 nations. This is likely absolutely nothing to do with digital nomads, just making sure tourists are a bit more cashed up.

And if they're from G7 nations they probably are, so no need to waste time checking paperwork.

Edited by jspill

Most likely they'll end up requiring one document or the other, not both - either job proof or proof of funds. Like retirement extensions require 800k or 40k/mo.

Pretty sure they'll realise some people are cashed up and currently unemployed / retired at under 50, and refusing those people harms their bottom line and coveted TAT statistics.

hope youre right

I'm hoping they won't require anything at all for G7 nations. I may be right, the UK embassy website has added the new visa but makes no mentions of any requirements.

And a poster here phoned up and was told G7 nations wouldn't require any financial proof, or residency, just a return address in the same country. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/867234-metv-im-confused/page-9#entry10038379

Not just the financial requirements, but the proof of employment in your home country too. It would appear that the Thai government have closed a hole that the "digital nomads" were hiding in ?

It appears not, for G7 nations. This is likely absolutely nothing to do with digital nomads, just making sure tourists are a bit more cashed up.

And if they're from G7 nations they probably are, so no need to waste time checking paperwork.

I certainly hope it's true but I discounted that post because it's still only hearsay, coming as it allegedly does from "a lady at an unnamed consulate"

Edited by VBF

True, but then again we have the METV listed on some G7 consulate websites with no mention of paperwork being needed. All consulates requiring 'proof of a job' etc. was also hearsay, originating from Thaivisa :)

True, but then again we have the METV listed on some G7 consulate websites with no mention of paperwork being needed. All consulates requiring 'proof of a job' etc. was also hearsay, originating from Thaivisa smile.png

Actually Jspill, there were a few in one of the many threads (!!) on the METV that showed screenshots fromEmbassy websites. From memory, one was in Switzerland, but of course it's NOT a G7 nation. I think one of the American ones had a job requirement, but tbh, it's getting so confusing now that I may be wrong. We'll have to wait a while longer to see what London announces but whatever else, it's very very expensive as is being discussed on the other threads!

Edited by VBF

True, but then again we have the METV listed on some G7 consulate websites with no mention of paperwork being needed. All consulates requiring 'proof of a job' etc. was also hearsay, originating from Thaivisa smile.png

Actually Jspill, there were a few in one of the many threads (!!) on the METV that showed screenshots fromEmbassy websites. From memory, one was in Switzerland, but of course it's NOT a G7 nation. I think one of the American ones had a job requirement, but tbh, it's getting so confusing now that I may be wrong. We'll have to wait a while longer to see what London announces but whatever else, it's very very expensive as is being discussed on the other threads!

Yes it is expensive, not sure where they got £125 from, it is not even close to 5000 baht! Another prime example of rip off Britain 555

Like most embassies the embassy in London is using their own exchange rate to set the visa fees. They are using 40 baht to the pound.

The US and other embassies and consulates that charge the fees in dollars are using 25 baht to the dollar.

Like most embassies the embassy in London is using their own exchange rate to set the visa fees. They are using 40 baht to the pound.

The US and other embassies and consulates that charge the fees in dollars are using 25 baht to the dollar.

I see that UJ, but it hasn't been near 40 for many years! Don't these people even LOOK at the bank rates? Apparently not sad.png

• Like 1