Jet Skiing In Chiang Mai? Or Shooting Range Info?

emilmh

Hi, im going to thailand for the 2nd time this november/december and im wondering if its possible to go jetskiing in chiang mai somewhere? I think i came across a website at one stage which talked about it but i cant find any more info about it.

Also does anyone have detailed info (including prices) on a shooting range in chiand mai? Last time i was there i whent shooting and jet skiing in Patong but not going there this time.

thanks for any help

I guess the only place that would be suitable (big enough) for jet skiing would be Mae Ngat lake, a bit North of town on the way to Mae Malai / Chiang Dao. I think it would be strictly BYOJS though. ? (Bring Your Own JetSki).

As for shooting ranges, there are some about, I recall a few on the road towards Mae Rim. Look for the signs, or pick up a tourist magazine rag to find these and other activities.

> Just what Mae Ngat lake needs for it's peace and tranquility,

> jet ski's.. Good thinking.

I considered that, but have you ever taken one of those long tail boats up the lake? I swear they make more noise than 10 jet-skis glued together. :o

And then I know of people taking their own (speed) boat on to the lake..

With all that in mind, and with the park officials apparently not minding, I don't think a jet-ski is that different to the above.

Cheers,

Chanchao

I considered that, but have you ever taken one of those long tail boats up the lake? I swear they make more noise than 10 jet-skis glued together. :o

With all that in mind, and with the park officials apparently not minding, I don't think a jet-ski is that different to the above.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Good point. Fillyour boots..

Hi ,

I am a newbie here and can anyone let me know how's the weather now in CHiang Mai. I am flying to Chiang Mai on Saturday. Need to prepare if it is raining heavy everday. I dont think can go jet skiing if there is storm. :o

Thnaks alot.

Hi ,

I am a newbie here and can anyone let me know how's the weather now in CHiang Mai. I am flying to Chiang Mai on Saturday. Need to prepare if it is raining heavy everday. I dont think can go jet skiing if there is storm. :o

Thnaks alot.

Wet, wet, wet....

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/48327.html

No Jet skis for hire in Chiang Mai, the excess baggage to bring your own might be a bit hefty.

OMG..so now the weather is bad...rains everyday....

:o:D

Hi ,

I am a newbie here and can anyone let me know how's the weather now in CHiang Mai. I am flying to Chiang Mai on Saturday. Need to prepare if it is raining heavy everday. I dont think can go jet skiing if there is storm. :D

Thnaks alot.

Wet, wet, wet....

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/48327.html

No Jet skis for hire in Chiang Mai, the excess baggage to bring your own might be a bit hefty.

Thailand Jet Ski Challenge held at Huay Tueng Tao, Chiang Mai

Ampai Kuntawong

The Pattaya Jet Ski Club, the TAT, and the 33rd Military Circle on March 22 & 23 hosted the Thailand Jet Ski Challenge. Deputy Chiang Mai Governor Udom Puasakul and Pol. Mai. Gen. Thawat Jarukarat, commissioner of the 33rd Military Circle, presided over the event at Huay Tueng Toa, a large reservoir in Mae Rim District, Chiang Mai.

http://www.chiangmai-mail.com/023/sports.shtml

ARCADE LADE-JET SKI

Opp. Arcade Bus Station, ChiangMai-Lampang Super Highway ChiangMai 50000

http://www.chiangmai-online.com/othersp.html

I considered that, but have you ever taken one of those long tail boats up the lake? I swear they make more noise than 10 jet-skis glued together. :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

I can think of one big difference between the long tail boats on the reservoir & jet skis: long tail boats are used for transportation & there's no alternative if you want to get from one place to another, while jet skis are purely for joy riding. The boats go from A to B & once they pass quiet returns (til the next one). Jet skis buzz back & forth til the rider gets tired or bored. Think of it this way: I bet you don't mind the noise of your neighbor's car or motorbike as he comes & goes from home, but what if he was tearing up & down the street for an hour?

Anyway, the noise pollution that bothered me most at Mae Ngat when I spent the night there came not from boats but from the karaoke party across the lake. I mean, why take yourself to such a beautiful, peaceful place if you just want to get drunk & sing bad Thai songs with a worse voice til 1am?! Guess I just don't understand. :o

Anyway, the noise pollution that bothered me most at Mae Ngat when I spent the night there came not from boats but from the karaoke party across the lake. I mean, why take yourself to such a beautiful, peaceful place if you just want to get drunk & sing bad Thai songs with a worse voice til 1am? ! Guess I just don't understand. :o

Maybe they were enjoying themselves. After all this is Thailand and Thais love to get drunk and sing whether they have good voices or not. Actually if I get drunk enough I like to sing also and that is not a nice experience for anyone within earshot.

Maybe they were enjoying themselves. After all this is Thailand and Thais love to get drunk and sing whether they have good voices or not. Actually if I get drunk enough I like to sing also and that is not a nice experience for anyone within earshot.

Of course they were enjoying themselves. And I don't have a problem with that. Karaoke can be fun for Thais or farangs, drunk or sober (though it helps to be drunk). But if karaoke is what you want, why go to Mae Ngat for it? That's what I don't get.

> Anyway, the noise pollution that bothered me most at Mae Ngat when I spent

> the night there came not from boats but from the karaoke party across the lake. I

> mean, why take yourself to such a beautiful, peaceful place if you just want to get

> drunk & sing bad Thai songs with a worse voice til 1am?!

Until 1 am only, you lucky lucky b*stard!!! :o count your blessings.. do you have any idea how much worse it could have been? :D

I do take your point about the transportation vs showboating argument...

Edited by chanchao