No 'shutdown' planned: PM Prayut

webfact

POLITICS
No 'shutdown' planned: PM

WASAMON AUDJARINT
THE NATION

30272208-01_big.jpg
Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha poses for photos with a team of traditional Khon masked-dance performers, who met him at Government House yesterday.

BANGKOK: -- PRIME MINISTER General Prayut Chan-o-cha clarified yesterday that he did not really plan to "shut down" the country. He said that Thailand prior to the coup last year was on the verge of disaster - prompting him to draw a comparison to the "Shutdown" rallies prior to the takeover - in remarks to the "five rivers" last week.

"What I really meant is that if conflicts are still not resolved, our country will head towards a situation just like before May 22 [when the military staged the coup]," he said. Thus, he drew a comparison - as a failed state would be like the country was shut down.

"Will there be any difference?" he quipped, adding that he did not mean the country would be shut down.

During his "five rivers" address, Prayut was quoted as saying: "If politicians don't stop talking [to stir conflicts], I'll have to keep staying [in power]. I may even have to close the country if I need to".

The remark made headlines and was widely mentioned online. The wording negatively affected Thailand's image and the stock market took a hit.

The "five rivers" are the Cabinet, the National Council for Peace and Order, the National Reform Steering Assembly, the National Legislative Assembly, and the Constitutional Drafting Commission.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/No-shutdown-planned-PM-30272208.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-11-04

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The poster boy for opening mouth without engaging brain then when it all goes wrong it's laughing, joking or bullying his way out of it.

If ever someone was out of his depth.

Hard to believe he reached the top spot in the military, just as well for LoS he didn't have to lead the country in an armed conflict.

Land of the 5 Rivers = Punjab, is this a kek making recipe?

Punjab region - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Punjab literally means "(The Land of) Five Waters" referring to the following rivers: the Jhelum, Chenab, Ravi, Sutlej, and Beas. All are tributaries of the Indus

The poster boy for opening mouth without engaging brain then when it all goes wrong it's laughing, joking or bullying his way out of it.

Hard to believe he reached the top spot in the military, just as well for LoS he didn't have to lead the country in an armed conflict.

With the absence of their main opposition and left entirely to their own devices now, the elite cronies continue to stumble down the path to extinction.

Edited by Calimotty

Well that is reassuring to know that the PM wont shutdown Thailand anytime soon.

On perhaps a more important matter...

Regarding the finger pointing in this photo - the PM would do well to study the technique and delivery of the finger pointing taking in place in Pattaya yesterday.

This right here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/867719-fake-police-gang-arrested-in-pattaya/ is some next level finger pointing, Prime Minister.

I could of course be wrong, but that does sound like a rather feeble attempt at backpeddling.

Yep , except he hasn't noticed his chains come off and he can't make any egress from the poo he freewheeled into.

His nickname should be Khun Wanayty.

Good to read that Thailand is not going to head towards disaster like for example Germany and/or the countries of the Arab Fall - Tunisia excluded - although sometimes the PM ain't a master of the slick rhetorik of a politician. Maybe that's why. whistling.gif

Few quick points:

1. I thought it was rude to point in Thai?

2. I hope he stays on for a long time. Facts, does not matter what gov is in, Thailand will always be anti foreign and this aint gonna change anytime soon

3. Current admin stays on who have no idea about economics/finance they only stand for one thing we all know what that is "National Security"

4. = Worsening Thai economy and farang money will buy more and more so enjoy lads prices will get cheaper over the years so tip keep all your money and houses in your home country, rent and enjoy more of Noi's psy for years to come.

So many posters here seem to delight in bashing the man in charge here, but he DID save the country from imminent civil war, and IMHO is doing the best he can to get rid of the massive corruption endemic in the country. Those who can ... do, those who can,t ,,, teach, those who are absolutely no good at anything ... criticize :) The way things were going before, the whole country would now belong to the thaksin family, and the streets would have armed bands of redshirt thugs roaming around doing as they pleased, and don,t tell me this is not so because I have seen it with my own eyes !

reaching a top spot rarely has anything to do with ability, or common sense