Australian beaten-up outside of South Pattaya Go-Go Bar

webfact

Australian Beaten-up outside of South Pattaya Go-Go Bar

bar-11.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- An intoxicated Australian man, who is alleged to have refused to pay a drinks bill of 160 Baht at a Go-Go Bar in South Pattaya, was assaulted, however the attacker was claimed to be a fellow foreign man but Police suspect it was a Security Guard at the Bar.

The incident occurred late on Wednesday Night at the Oasis Go-Go Bar in Soi Buakao. The victim was named only as “Johnny” from Australia who sustained a minor head-wound following the altercation.

Staff at the Bar told Police that “Johnny” walked into the bar and was already heavily intoxicated and after consuming two drinks, with a value of 160 Baht, he allegedly attempted to leave without paying the bill.

Staff attempted to detain the man inside the bar until the situation could be resolved, but he made his escape and was then allegedly assaulted at the front of the Bar. Staff claim the man was assaulted by another foreign man in a nearby Bar because of the noise he was making.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/218921/australian-beaten-up-outside-of-south-pattaya-go-go-bar/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-11-06

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen people try to skip on their bills all the time on Walking Street. Have a couple drinks, leave a (empty) cigarette pack on the table and claim you are going to the bathroom and never come back, or suddenly get a phone call and get up start walking away as though you are distracted and simply "forgot". I've seen people try to sneak their bins onto different tables or pretend that they were just moving to new table and "forgot" to take their bin cup with them.

I've seen "white guys" (young and old) try it and I've seen Indians try it. The waitresses are normally pretty good at keeping people honest, I've seen them chasing people down the street waving their bin cup and normally once they catch them the "skipper" suddenly remembers they "forgot" they were supposed to pay.

Yeah right. "Oh I forgot that when you go to a bar and have a couple of drinks, you are actually expected to pay for them." Makes you wonder how many times the same person has done the same thing in other bars and managed to get away with it. I have no doubt that more than a few of them do it deliberately and think "if I get caught I'll just pretend I was really drunk and "forgot" and then pay up".

There are a lot of people that seem to think if they get away with it once or twice then they should be allowed to do it every time.

I've seen people try to skip on their bills all the time on Walking Street. Have a couple drinks, leave a (empty) cigarette pack on the table and claim you are going to the bathroom and never come back, or suddenly get a phone call and get up start walking away as though you are distracted and simply "forgot". I've seen people try to sneak their bins onto different tables or pretend that they were just moving to new table and "forgot" to take their bin cup with them.

I've seen "white guys" (young and old) try it and I've seen Indians try it. The waitresses are normally pretty good at keeping people honest, I've seen them chasing people down the street waving their bin cup and normally once they catch them the "skipper" suddenly remembers they "forgot" they were supposed to pay.

Yeah right. "Oh I forgot that when you go to a bar and have a couple of drinks, you are actually expected to pay for them." Makes you wonder how many times the same person has done the same thing in other bars and managed to get away with it. I have no doubt that more than a few of them do it deliberately and think "if I get caught I'll just pretend I was really drunk and "forgot" and then pay up".

There are a lot of people that seem to think if they get away with it once or twice then they should be allowed to do it every time.

perhaps people get used to paying for their drinks up front. Then they leave without a second thought.

Two drinks 160Baht..... what were the drinks.. two cups of ice cubes.......

Draft beer I would guess.

Bottles usually much more and it was late, so unlikely any specials on.

Yet another security guy keen to have a go at a foreigner. I wonder if he was recently fired from a Walking St place.

Not so surprising given what kind of morals people have. Not paying invoices for stuff they bought skipping on dining bills skipping on drink bills. Its all stealing but often defended here that they were ripped off so they don't have to pay. As a business owner I hate people not paying their bills we all work for our money and its just stealing when they do that. Should be put in jail for stuff like that if even for a few nights. Its no different from shoplifting.

perhaps people get used to paying for their drinks up front. Then they leave without a second thought.

I believe that at the Walkabout Bar in Phnom Penh each drink has to be paid for every time.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but it always used to be the way in the UK, that one had to pay individually for each drink, due to the fact that it was in fact illegal to have a tab in a bar/pub (private clubs/hotels might be different).

If bars here charged you when you get your drinks (like every bar in the UK does) this situation would never arise.[a/quote]

And when I visit the UK I'm happy to pay up front and inGermany l count the marks on the coaster and in Thailand I pay the Thai way. Its not how you do it, just make sure you do it!

Is this really news worthy ?.

Are you Australian by any chance?

Another Quality Australian Tourist

Aren't all "tourists" quality?

I agree that everyone needs to be a bit more responsible for their own actions.

BUT, I was in a bar the other night where the staff were replaying the CCTV footage of an older Falang getting hit and kicked by several of the bar staff and ladies. When i asked what he had done they replied, "He was very drunk and called one of the staff a ladyboy".

If bars here charged you when you get your drinks (like every bar in the UK does) this situation would never arise.

Just about to say the very same. One thought is that , who ever takes the money ,unless the cashier , what is to stop only price of one beer being rung up when 2 have been given. ?