Butcher held over murder, dismemberment of woman in Bangkok

webfact

Butcher held over murder, dismemberment of woman
By Coconuts Bangkok

6265583797_da02e9f1b3_b.jpg
Photo: Philip Roeland

BANGKOK: -- A Lao butcher has been charged over the murder of a woman whose body parts were found scattered across Bangkok khlongs on Sunday.

Jai Kenwankham, 39, is accused of murdering the woman identified as Mali, who police described as a Thai Yai, or from a hill tribe.

Members of the public alerted the police after they discovered the body parts of the woman at five different khlongs on Sunday.

The boyfriend of the woman, who had been missing since last Thursday after failing to turn up to her job at a karaoke shop, reported her disappearance after hearing about the gruesome discovery.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/11/09/butcher-held-over-murder-dismemberment-woman

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-11-09

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Laotian man arrested for alleged grisly murder of Myanmar girlfriend

199-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Hua Mark police yesterday arrested a former Laotian butcher and charged him with the murder and mutilation of a Myanmar girl who went missing from her Karaoke shop since Thursday last week.

The suspected murderer was identified as Jai Kenwankam, 39, a former butcher at a cattle slaughterhouse in Laos.

The arrest came after investigation was ordered following the discovery of five body parts of a woman at different locations in Klong Saensap, Klong Phra Khanong and connected watercourses, and piers yesterday by canal residents and boat passengers.

According to police, four body parts were discovered in three separate areas in Saensap canal yesterday afternoon, while the head and a right leg were discovered in the Rama IX water pump station in Huai Kwang district.

Extensive search was later conducted along Klong Saensap and connected canals while cooperation was also sought from the people to report if they had any missing persons.

A Thai computer technician Withaya Pholyiem, 30, reported to the police of his Myanmar girlfriend, Mali Sanchart, missing since last Thursday from the karaoke shop where she worked.

The mutilated body was later confirmed to be the Myanmar girl missing from the karaoke shop.

Information given by Withaya led the police to suspect her former boyfriend, Jai.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/laotian-man-arrested-for-alleged-grisly-murder-of-myanmar-girlfriend

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-11-09

Thailand is fast becoming the pits people killing girlfriends and wives every day men going round in gangs to beat-up students because their son gets beat at computer game, been here 16 years and think possibly time to move on now the Thai males are getting out of control and more violent by the day.

I have really started to feel uncomfortable here since some years.

Gruesome violence, widespread corruption, greedy people, and materialism have changed my feeling for this once beloved country.

But my Thai wife doesn't even want to talk about it

I wonder how many people die each day from non-natural causes ? 2nd in the world for road deaths, an unusually high number of "suicides" and all manner of deaths related to drugs,drink,domestic violence and so on. It's got to be a shocking figure when totted up. Ultimately too many Thai men are just morons with no self control.

Gruesome violence, widespread corruption, greedy people, and materialism have changed my feeling for this once beloved country.

Cannot say I blame her. Her talking about it will not make the problem go away. Why stir things up and raise your blood pressure. Smart woman. Yes its gruesome but other parts of the world are the same. There is no little corner to hide in anymore. We are the product of a greedy I want it it now world. Just look around you. As we sow so shall we reap.

Edited by elgordo38

Me too, after 20 years in Thailand I feel it's time to move away.

Too violence in the ex land of smile

Just curious.... 20 years ago did you have access to social media in which almost every single violent crime across the country is reported in glorious detail along with half-page colour photos and streamed CCTV videos?

Cannot say I blame her. Her talking about it will not make the problem go away. Why stir things up and raise your blood pressure. Smart woman. Yes its gruesome but other parts of the world are the same. There is no little corner to hide in anymore. We are the product of a greedy I want it it now world. Just look around you. As we sow so shall we reap.

Maybe other parts of the world are the same but it is still pretty bad here.

I have to say I still generally feel safe when I walk around in Pattaya, except when I walk past a load of drunken motorbike taxi guys sitting there waiting for fares, they stare at you, talk amongst themselves and do make you feel uncomfortable for sure.

I avoid all of the crappy, sleazy places anyway so I guess I miss most of the idiots.

Me too, after 20 years in Thailand I feel it's time to move away.

Too violence in the ex land of smile

Just curious.... 20 years ago did you have access to social media in which almost every single violent crime across the country is reported in glorious detail along with half-page colour photos and streamed CCTV videos?

Smartest comment I've seen for quite sometime. Well articulated, thanks.

Been here over 30 years and never felt safer.

Then again how unsafe can it get wedged behind a computer screen 24-7? [emoji39]

I'll bet you son, I've lived a lot more dangerously in my life than you have.

Never even had a computer until I had been here nearly 20 years. Back in the 80s there was a different kind of expat to nowadays. These days they are retired civil servants and people with similar boring lives who found love on the internet and came to live here.

Thailand is fast becoming the pits people killing girlfriends and wives every day men going round in gangs to beat-up students because their son gets beat at computer game, been here 16 years and think possibly time to move on now the Thai males are getting out of control and more violent by the day.

Sure; just try Brazil, Mexico, the Phillipines, Russia, Bangladesh or any country ending in -stan. You'll be much happier.