Drunk Saudi visitor threatens to blow up Dubai hotel

webfact

Drunk Saudi visitor threatens to blow up Dubai hotel

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - A visitor contended in Dubai court on Sunday that he was drunk and does not remember claiming to be a Daesh member when he threatened to blow up a hotel.

The Saudi visitor, M.K., was said to have called up the reception of a five star hotel where he had been staying and claimed that he is a member of Daesh and threatened to detonate a bomb in the hotel if they did not send him room service in October.

Prosecutors accused M.K. of threatening the Egyptian receptionist over the phone by saying, “I belong to Deash group and will blow up the hotel if you do not send me someone from room service to help me.”

He was also charged with consuming liquor.

Full story: http://www.eturbonews.com/65728/drunk-saudi-visitor-threatens-blow-dubai-hotel

-- eTN 2015-11-10

I remember my taxi driver screaming at all the Saudis in Dubai. Apparently they come to Dubai to party.

I lived in Dubai for 10 years. At the weekend it was full of Saudis getting hammered then just flying straight back to KSA, only to do the same thing the week after and so on..

Saudi's head to Bahrain and Dubai - where alcohol and ladies of the night are readily available.

I used to drive across the bridge to Bahrain. The drivers reckoned they were getting lots of groups of Saudi ladies heading over for the weekend - shopping, dancing, drinking, then back to KSA.

The customs were fine as long as you didn't attempt to bring any booze back and immigration very quick drive through.

All the government organizations and enterprises stopped people going to Dubai for any training etc. They send too much booze and tarts to easily available. Training had to be done in KSA or maybe Qatar but Dubai; but good old Bahrain was o k.

Must be a made up story by 'bigots' Muslims don't drink and Islam is peaceful laugh.png

The real irony is: it was the Muslim Moors who invented destillation of "alhol".

but that was for cleaning their paint brushes, the original can still be bought in Thailand, lao kao

Saudi's head to Bahrain and Dubai - where alcohol and ladies of the night are readily available.

I used to drive across the bridge to Bahrain. The drivers reckoned they were getting lots of groups of Saudi ladies heading over for the weekend - shopping, dancing, drinking, then back to KSA.

The customs were fine as long as you didn't attempt to bring any booze back and immigration very quick drive through.

All the government organizations and enterprises stopped people going to Dubai for any training etc. They send too much booze and tarts to easily available. Training had to be done in KSA or maybe Qatar but Dubai; but good old Bahrain was o k.

Interesting post, but why would your cashed up Saudi not head to the likes of Las Vegas to party? I know I would, if it were that or Dubai..

Is there gambling in Dubai, just out of interest?

Edited by baboon

Las Vegas is a tad too far from KSA for a weekend of debauchery with your mates.

Horse racing and side betting is to be had according to those in the know.

Aye, I realise Vegas is quite a distance, but I just assumed they would jump onto their solid gold Lear jet that burns Rolexes instead of kerosine and fly when it suited them, with a few bottles and a couple of grams of... to get them into the spirit. Shows you what I know... Edited by baboon

Must be a made up story by 'bigots' Muslims don't drink and Islam is peaceful laugh.png

The real irony is: it was the Muslim Moors who invented destillation of "alhol".

Popular belief says it was Egypt or Mesopotania, long time before Muslim religion was invented

I was in Dubai for nine years and Saudi for ten. The only reason Saudis ever crossed the causeway to Bahrain was because they lived in the nearby eastern province. Otherwise Dubai is always the first choice--truly the most glittering of Arab cities but also has its old Souk area next to the "Creek," which is really quite charming--you feel you're in the Ottoman Empire. Dubai is essentially a modern-day Hollywood Casablanca. I love the hypocrisy in Saudi Arabia. Strict Wahhabis spend all day criticizing the West and deny anybody goes to Dubai for a good time.

He should have showed his Daesh membership card when he checked in, all this could have been avoided wink.png. Wonder how the same incident would have played out in a place like Houston.

Actually i hope this kind of thing catches on globally, The Faithful throwing their weight around in European and Western Hemisphere airports claiming privilege and Daesh membership, "let me board the plane now or I will blow it up!" Hey Abdul, this one's on me, and don't let staff at the check-in desk give you a hard time.

Who can blame them?

If you lived in a dry country and you fancied a beer, wouldn't you trip over a border or two?

They are not all hypocrites, many of them are just genuine pissheads.

biggrin.png

Of course they are hypocrites, The Muslim faith does not allow the body to consume alcahol, so they are cardboard cut out Muslims

Who can blame them?

If you lived in a dry country and you fancied a beer, wouldn't you trip over a border or two?

They are not all hypocrites, many of them are just genuine pissheads.

biggrin.png

Of course they are hypocrites, The Muslim faith does not allow the body to consume alcahol, so they are cardboard cut out Muslims

please tell us more oh wise guru bah.gif

I was in Dubai for nine years and Saudi for ten. The only reason Saudis ever crossed the causeway to Bahrain was because they lived in the nearby eastern province. Otherwise Dubai is always the first choice--truly the most glittering of Arab cities but also has its old Souk area next to the "Creek," which is really quite charming--you feel you're in the Ottoman Empire. Dubai is essentially a modern-day Hollywood Casablanca. I love the hypocrisy in Saudi Arabia. Strict Wahhabis spend all day criticizing the West and deny anybody goes to Dubai for a good time.

Thank you. Old Saudi hands refer to it in the correct manner, i.e. The Causeway, newbies call it 'a bridge'