The Multiple Entry Tourist Visa Topic (METV)

Today I had my application declined, because they wanted a written with signature travel plan for the metv visum. What places I'll stay, purpose of stay and where I'll do my border runs for the 60 days extensions.

Anybody else had to do this?? I had perfectly filled into all other requirements. Showing copies of in-flight and out-flight, copies of hotel staying at arrival, bank statement with 5000 minimum, travelplan about when to re-enter the country (general paper with applications), every listen recommendation.

Is this weather they think I'll be working there or to ensure that my stay is tourism only. Kinda would suck if they will decline it again for some half assed reason, bye bye money.

• Like 1

Today I had my application declined, because they wanted a written with signature travel plan for the metv visum. What places I'll stay, purpose of stay and where I'll do my border runs for the 60 days extensions.

Anybody else had to do this?? I had perfectly filled into all other requirements. Showing copies of in-flight and out-flight, copies of hotel staying at arrival, bank statement with 5000 minimum, travelplan about when to re-enter the country (general paper with applications), every listen recommendation.

Is this weather they think I'll be working there or to ensure that my stay is tourism only. Kinda would suck if they will decline it again for some half assed reason, bye bye money.

This is the first time I read about the METV being rejected on the grounds you presented.

Do you mind telling us where you applied for the visa?

• Like 2

Who declined your application and where ?

Can you provide a link to this Thai Embassy/Consulates website which lists their METV requirements ?

Thank you for the link

It would seem you will have to discuss your problem with the Dutch Embassy/Consulate.

Have you asked to speak with a supervisor or senior consular official ?

A "travel plan " is easily constructed and is not something you are obliged to follow.

Already typed it out and signed it, send it to the company that arranges the visum application (middle man). I will comply by their needs cause I want that visum and I have nothing to hide really.

I'm genuinely there for tourism. So they can know, I don't have a problem with it. Hopefully it will be accepted now I've written a good page on my where abouts, where I'll travel, where I'll border cross, what I intend to do, what I wish to experience. Hope it's enough. I'll keep you posted on updates regarding my application.

Edited by JeroenVrooms
  • Like 1

Thank you for the link

It would seem you will have to discuss your problem with the Dutch Embassy/Consulate.

A "travel plan " is easily constructed and is not something you are obliged to follow.

Already typed it out and signed it, send it to the company that arranges the visum application (middle man). I will comply by their needs cause I want that visum and I have nothing to hide really.

I'm genuinely there for tourism. So they can know, I don't have a problem with it. Hopefully it will be accepted now I've written a good page on my where abouts, where I'll travel, where I'll border cross, what I intend to do, what I wish to experience. Hope it's enough. I'll keep you posted on updates regarding my application.

Why are you using an "Agent" for a simple Tourist visa application ?

I suspect the 'problem' does not rest with the Embassy but with the "agent"

Do the application yourself in future and save some money ! smile.png

• Like 2

which Consulate, LA was so EZ

Thank you for the link

Why are you using an "Agent" for a simple Tourist visa application ?

I suspect the 'problem' does not rest with the Embassy but with the "agent"

Do the application yourself in future and save some money ! smile.png

Not really, the amount I'll have to travel will cost more gas money by going to Amsterdam. They don't accept sending to them directly anymore by postage.

Me again! Been 2 years since I was last on here... now planning a trip back to LOS and all has changed!

So I got sent away from the London embassy for not having all the docs (even tough they weren't all mentioned on the slip you print off with the application form)

Anyway... I told her I've just finished my work contract and she said that wouldn't do, I need a letter saying I'll be going back to work in 6 months (anyone work for such a lenient employer? No? I didn't think so!)

So, scrap that plan. It just so happens I also do freelance work so have an SA form for 2014-15 and a request letter to do my return for 2015-16.

BUT... I am not a registered company - never needed to be.

So will my SA forms but no company reg suffice?

My bank statement looks wild and fluctuates crazily! But it just so happens that I came into a large-ish inheritance, hence the desire for medium-long term traveling.

I hope this works - that account is above £5,000 last year, then up higher, then down to zero, then huge lump sum, then chopped in half... looks insane!

She also told me...... I don't even need a ticket, just an "itinerary" whatever that means. ie, a print out saying I would "like" to fly with this airline on this date.

At least that's how she made it sound.

Good ol' Thailand... always bungling things up!

:P

So.... I'm thinking - is the METV even worth it? With a single entry, I'd get 60 days, extendable by 30 if immigration OK it. That's 3 months. Then I could fly out to say Manila - stay for a few days, check it out, get another SETV, so another 60 days plus extension again by 30 days if need be. That's 6 months taken care of. I would have to leave Thailand and re-enter anyway with the METV so not much difference, and more than half the cost of the METV (not that that is an issue really)

But certainly easier up-front that trying to jump through all the retarded hoops for the METV

What say ye?

So.... I'm thinking - is the METV even worth it? With a single entry, I'd get 60 days, extendable by 30 if immigration OK it. That's 3 months. Then I could fly out to say Manila - stay for a few days, check it out, get another SETV, so another 60 days plus extension again by 30 days if need be. That's 6 months taken care of. I would have to leave Thailand and re-enter anyway with the METV so not much difference, and more than half the cost of the METV (not that that is an issue really)

But certainly easier up-front that trying to jump through all the retarded hoops for the METV

What say ye?

Did you say how long you plan to stay in Thailand? If it is for 6 months and you´re happy to apply for a second SETV in the area than I´d say that this is probably the easiest way of staying 6 months in the country. The advantage of the METV is that, if timed perfectly,you could almost stay for 9 months and whilst you still have to do the border runs with the METV it saves you time (if that is an issue) by not having to stay in another country whilst you apply and wait for another SETV to be issued.

But reading how "painful" the Embassy in London makes the process of applying for the METV I personally wouldn´t bother either and go for an SETV instead.

• Like 1

Did you say how long you plan to stay in Thailand? If it is for 6 months and you´re happy to apply for a second SETV in the area than I´d say that this is probably the easiest way of staying 6 months in the country. The advantage of the METV is that, if timed perfectly,you could almost stay for 9 months and whilst you still have to do the border runs with the METV it saves you time (if that is an issue) by not having to stay in another country whilst you apply and wait for another SETV to be issued.

But reading how "painful" the Embassy in London makes the process of applying for the METV I personally wouldn´t bother either and go for an SETV instead.

Hi DUS

I think you're right - it's probably far easier. Yes, 6 months max this time for me, then I'm going to try out Manila, never been to the Phils before. However, I was planning to rent a condo for those 6 months in BKK - not sure how kindly Thai landlords will take to me only having a SETV - they might think I'm going to do a runner after 60 days - I can see it from their perspective.

Hmm.....

However, I was planning to rent a condo for those 6 months in BKK - not sure how kindly Thai landlords will take to me only having a SETV - they might think I'm going to do a runner after 60 days - I can see it from their perspective.

Imho, "worst case" would be you pay the whole 6 months upfront if that was the stumbling block for the landlord to sign the contract with you.

Hi DUS

I think you're right - it's probably far easier. Yes, 6 months max this time for me, then I'm going to try out Manila, never been to the Phils before. However, I was planning to rent a condo for those 6 months in BKK - not sure how kindly Thai landlords will take to me only having a SETV - they might think I'm going to do a runner after 60 days - I can see it from their perspective.

Hmm.....

The landlords won't care what visa you have. If you do a runner they will keep the deposit.

• Like 2

Well the following happened

10/06 10:48 (CEST) (Ext: 51120):recived call courier; embassy only wants to issue single entry (me have) does not have enough monthly income. spoken to (mr me); single oke
10/06 10:38 (CEST) :Embassy only wants to issue a single entry visa due to a shortage of financial income.
03/06 9:34 (CEST) (Ext: 51120):received copy ID girlfriend, now only awaiting statement
02/06 15:58 (CEST) (Ext: 51120):received add docs, added to file. awaiting statement + ciopy ID girlfriend
02/06 13:31 (CEST) (Ext: 51120):called, no response so send email to call back: embassy rejection: They want statement from girlfriend + copy of her PP or ID. They also want new travelplan (form appl. pack) where he will stay for at least 48h in Cambodja. He wrote he will travel into Cambodja and return back the same day to Thailand. Embassy does not co-operate in "visa run".
02/06 9:10 (CEST) (Ext: 51120):send email to (mr me) to change travelplan. he did filled out leaving thailand over land to Cambodja but does not mention date when he is going back over land to Thailan.d
02/06 8:41 (CEST) :Spoke to mr (me) . Informed about notes below. Application will be lodged again today.
01/06 15:48 (CEST) (Ext: 51120):received declaration
01/06 14:43 (CEST) (Ext: 51120):spoken to (mr me) he will write statement what he will do in Thailand and where he will be + places of crossing borders etc. will be uploaded.
01/06 10:24 (CEST) :Embassy rejection: Wants a detailed travel plan with all dates of all entries in and out of Thailand.
Names are removed due privacy reasons.
So I had the 5000+ on my bank account and now they think I don't have enough monthly income somehow, which are not stated in the recommendations. They just didn't want to grant me the visum and were just doing their hardest best to deny it. Now they did and I ended up with a Single entry. Luckily I was insured and am covered for all costs in this case, or would have lost about 800 euro total cause of them. Beware consulate Amsterdam, never again METV for me again in my life. Why do they have this visum in the first place....... By their terms I was positive with everything, I feel like they just added a bullshit reason to deny my visum application. How immature, first bad experience Thai government, won't be the last.

I am sorry for your situation.

I successfully received an METV from the Liverpool Thai Consulate.

Having followed this thread, it appears Embassies tend to be more demanding than Consulates. And also Embassies tend to introduce "surprises" that were not in the required stipulated documentation.

You need to remember the motivating factor for the Consulates is the competing aspects of, firstly, issuing the visa and receiving a fee versus not issuing a visa and wasting valuable time, whilst ensuring they comply with the instructions laid down by the Embassy that oversees them.

The Embassies on the the other hand have different competing aspects. There is no particular aspect of fee collection as they are funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the consular officer will be in a salaried position. So the biggest factor for them is not to issue visas that may be considered as "pushing the boundaries". The result is they play very safe and err on the side of caution.

• Like 1

I am sorry for your situation.

I successfully received an METV from the Liverpool Thai Consulate.

Having followed this thread, it appears Embassies tend to be more demanding than Consulates. And also Embassies tend to introduce "surprises" that were not in the required stipulated documentation.

You need to remember the motivating factor for the Consulates is the competing aspects of, firstly, issuing the visa and receiving a fee versus not issuing a visa and wasting valuable time, whilst ensuring they comply with the instructions laid down by the Embassy that oversees them.

The Embassies on the the other hand have different competing aspects. There is no particular aspect of fee collection as they are funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the consular officer will be in a salaried position. So the biggest factor for them is not to issue visas that may be considered as "pushing the boundaries". The result is they play very safe and err on the side of caution.

Well I'll avoid the METV like the plague now, can't be bothered with the hassle. I'll just apply for another Single entry in Laos or Cambodia, plenty of guides on this site. I will still be able to remain the full 6 months in Thailand, one way or another.

Edited by JeroenVrooms

Just returned with the new METV from consulate in Hamburg 20 min in- no special documents except the bank balance with 5k needed, by no special I mean no employment letter or such just the normal in/out ticket /hotel for some days/150€/ that's it easy as it can be. Received the visa on spot.

Just returned with the new METV from consulate in Hamburg 20 min in- no special documents except the bank balance with 5k needed, by no special I mean no employment letter or such just the normal in/out ticket /hotel for some days/150€/ that's it easy as it can be. Received the visa on spot.

Is your passport German?

What say ye?

Right - have been granted the SETV from London which was so much easier than the METV - just fill in the form and they give it you the next day. No proof of anything else needed.

This gives me two months on arrival, then a month extension. At that point I can fly to Manila for example and have a look around, then apply there for another 60 day SETV and rinse and repeat.

Even with a METV, I would still have had to leave the country anyway, only difference is I could have come back without getting a new visa. Big deal. I'll just have a week long holiday somewhere.

Sorted!

What say ye?

Right - have been granted the SETV from London which was so much easier than the METV - just fill in the form and they give it you the next day. No proof of anything else needed.

This gives me two months on arrival, then a month extension. At that point I can fly to Manila for example and have a look around, then apply there for another 60 day SETV and rinse and repeat.

Even with a METV, I would still have had to leave the country anyway, only difference is I could have come back without getting a new visa. Big deal. I'll just have a week long holiday somewhere.

Sorted!

Just do your research before again, some places in the region don't give SETV's as easy as you got yours, requirements differ.

Not sure Manila is on the friendly list.

Is your passport German?

Yes

What say ye?

Sorted!

Just do your research before again, some places in the region don't give SETV's as easy as you got yours, requirements differ.

Not sure Manila is on the friendly list.

Ah OK - good point. Thanks.

Any updates on UK passport holders getting a MTEV in the UK?

I am planning to apply for one next month.

Documents I already have are:

Statments from a UK savings account where the balance is currently £17,000 and had never been under £10,000 in the last 6 months.

A 'HMRC SA100 Self Assessment Tax Form' for last UK tax year showing my income which is from UK baised investments which will show a net income of just under £20,000 pre my UK tax liablity. This will be stamped by my UK accountant.

A confirmed flight to Thailand (actually the second part of a return ticket bought in Thailand).

A letter from the Juristic person at the condo I own confirming I own it and a copy of the charnote showing my name, confirming my accomadation in Thailand.

Any thoughts on if this will be enough or if I should book a cheap exit somewhere at the end of the first 90 days stay?

Also any idea what is the best/most lenient Embassy or consulate to apply, the London embassy would be most convenient but I will be visiting family in Yorkshire while on my UK trip and could visit Hull or Liverpool should they be more laid back.

Many thanks in advance for any constructive advice.

Edited by jay1980

Any updates on UK passport holders getting a MTEV in the UK?

I am planning to apply for one next month.

Documents I already have are:

Statments from a UK savings account where the balance is currently £17,000 and had never been under £10,000 in the last 6 months.

A 'HMRC SA100 Self Assessment Tax Form' for last UK tax year showing my income which is from UK baised investments which will show a net income of just under £20,000 pre my UK tax liablity. This will be stamped by my UK accountant.

A confirmed flight to Thailand (actually the second part of a return ticket bought in Thailand).

A letter from the Juristic person at the condo I own confirming I own it and a copy of the charnote showing my name, confirming my accomadation in Thailand.

Any thoughts on if this will be enough or if I should book a cheap exit somewhere at the end of the first 90 days stay?

Also any idea what is the best/most lenient Embassy or consulate to apply, the London embassy would be most convenient but I will be visiting family in Yorkshire while on my UK trip and could visit Hull or Liverpool should they be more laid back.

Many thanks in advance for any constructive advice.

I would have thought you need a flight out of Thailand. I called my consulate and she confirmed all the things needed which was per the application form. Maybe you should call and ask.