The Multiple Entry Tourist Visa Topic (METV)

Helsinki thai embassy has updated accomodation rules and some changes to bankstatement rule also..

Hotel o.k, rental o.k, own condo ok, invitation with proof who is inviting is o.k also..

Bank statement rule.. 6000 euros has to be only the last balance..Not all the time within 6 months

http://www.thaiembassy.org/helsinki/fi/services/1937/60608-Turistiviisumi-(yksi-tai-useampi-maahantulo).html

(finnish only)

1. Countries which require additional documents, please submit the application well in advance.

Note: **IRAQ, IRAN, SOMALIA and AFGANISTAN nationals** please contact The Royal Thai Embassy in Helsinki before booking/purchasing a flight ticket.

2. Holder of Alien passport or travel document must submit the application at the Royal Thai Embassy. The travelers will not be allowed to enter Thailand without visa. If you have any questions please contact The Embassy before booking/purchasing flight tickets.

3. The Royal Thai Embassy, Helsinki will handle visa applications only from holders of Finnish and Estonian passports, and from those who have residence permits in Finland. For Long stay visa for Estonia citizen, the applicant must submit an application at The Royal Thai Embassy, Stockholm(Sweden)

4. The holders of oridinary Finnish and Estonian passports will be able to travel to Thailand without having to apply for visa and are permitted to stay for 30 days.

Important information:

1. The Embassy will not process a visa application if the application form is not completely filled out and signed.

2. Any visa application which does not contain the proper documentation will be rejected and returned.

3. Please note that the Embassy does not provide copy service. The applicant must bring his/her own copies of documentation as mentioned on visa information page. If the applicant does not bring the copies needed, the case will be rejected.

4. Do not apply for a visa earlier than 3 months before your expected date of arrival in Thailand.

5. The Embassy reserves the right to request more documents or ask for an interview.

6. After collecting the passport with issued visa, applicant should check the visa sticker carefully to make sure it accords with your purposes of visit to Thailand. If there are any doubts, you must raise it immediately with the visa officer. Otherwise the applicants will take all the consequences by themselves.

Visa processing time:

Applying in person:- Applications will be processed in 4 days.

Applying through travel agents or representatives:- Applications will be processed in 7 days.

Applying by mail:- Please send an application at least 3 weeks in advance.Application will be processed in 2 weeks. We do not have a telephone answering service for your visa status. If you would like to collect passport by yourself, please inform in written.

Opening time for visa application submission: Monday-Friday 09.00-12.00 am. (Except The Embassy's holidays) Please avoid visiting in person for visa enquiry since visa section opens only for visa submission.

Collection of processed documents is from 09.00-12.00 hrs.

Collection date for visa is specified on a payment receipt. Always bring the receipt and ID card when collecting a visa.

Visa enquiry can be submitted by e-mail at [email protected]

Telephone enquiry service: Monday -Friday 13.30-16.00 pm.

Telephone service No. + 358(0) 96122640, 09 612 26410

Edited by luke000

Helsinki thai embassy has updated accomodation rules and some changes to bankstatement rule also..

Hotel o.k, rental o.k, own condo ok, invitation with proof who is inviting is o.k also..

Bank statement rule.. 6000 euros has to be only the last balance..Not all the time within 6 months

http://www.thaiembassy.org/helsinki/fi/services/1937/60608-Turistiviisumi-(yksi-tai-useampi-maahantulo).html

(finnish only)

Thanks for the info that you can use your own condo as your accomodation address in Thailand, presumably they would want a copy of the charnote?

(finnish only)

Thanks for the info that you can use your own condo as your accomodation address in Thailand, presumably they would want a copy of the charnote?

Yes they want to see proof that you really own an apartment..

Edited by thaitero

(finnish only)

I can see that set of rules being the norm. Proof of address and proof that you have 6k when you are about to leave.

• Like 1

People should note these requirements set out by the Thai Embassy in Finland

"9. Certificate of the profession
If the applicant is employed: a certificate of the applicant current job
If the applicant is an entrepreneur: certificate of ownership of the business, company registration documents
10. Foreign citizen a copy of the residence permit which is valid for the entire journey to Finland to return." *
* Translated by Google/Chrome
  • Like 1

Everyone interested should check now and then at their embassy websites..

For Finland i think this is already their third version what is needeed for METV

If the applicant is an entrepreneur: certificate of ownership of the business, company registration documents

10. Foreign citizen a copy of the residence permit which is valid for the entire journey to Finland to return." *

I am not suggesting a Non Finish national should go to Finland to get a visa, the point is that only 8 days after the METV has been interduced the requirements are evolving.

MobileContent has confirmed that his Singaporian business partner was able to use his own condo address as the accommodation address and had the requirement for a return flight waived in Singapore and thaitero has confirmed that in Finland you can also use your own condo and your address and you only require the capital requirement to be in your bank account at the time of applying, not for 6 months.

Based on what has happened historically Thai visa's rules will be applied selectively depending on the Embassy or Consulate used and the sensible ones will stick for example IMO it is fair enough to be asked to prove you have the funds for a long stay in Thailand without working and it is fair enough to have to provide some sort of contact details in the current world wide political climate.

It is also fair enough to prove that the funds you are showing came from a legal souce and not from working in Thailand illegally on previous visa's or from illegal sorces hence the employment / company registration requirements. Already in the UK this is not required if you can show tax return form's proving tax was fully paid up on your income. If you can prove your income is from a legal and ligitamate source I would guess that in time you will be pretty much OK.

Regarding having to apply in your country of residence, although it is am inconvence for some, I can see why they have had to insist on this for now anyway.

I think it is because is would be an administrative nightmare for staff in all Embassies and Consulates to check and understand the banking system and tax system of all countries in the world, eg staff in the UK can be trained to understand a ligitamate UK income, bank account, currency etc but not one from all countries globally.

For example if they were to start giving METV's in Laos for everyone Laos staff would have to have knowlage of the currencies, banks and tax form's and structures globally and this would be an impossable burden for the staff.

In summary IMO genuine perpetual tourists who are not working in Thailand and have a ligitamate legal income do not have much to fear from the new METV requirements as long as they don't mind the occasional trip back to their home country but those committing fraud or criminal acts to finance themselves will be caught out by the METV requirements.

IMHO I think it would be a good idea if they introduced simular checks on the income required for other types of visa's/visa extentions such as married and retirement because it is not only single people (or people in un-recognised same sex unions) under 50 who potentially could be criminals or fraudsters.

Well thought out post.

• Like 1

I had hoped that by asking questions and receiving answers and reading other people's questions and answers I would get some degree of enlightenment but I remain confused though not unduly concerned. Things will pan out. I have never considered Thais to be stupid or impractical,....well not for long. One problem I have is that the threads are so long my question gets lost and there is no coherent link in the email to get me back to correct part of the thread.

I'm confused as to what is your question.

• Like 1

Geezus all take a chill pill. Posts about consulate requirements mean very little. Wait till we have solid feedback from folk that have obtained the METV. EVERYTHING else is Crystal ball stuff.

Yup and a picture of the actual visa would be nice too.

Not that TVF members would tell porkies.

Whilst looking through Finlands requirements for an METV, I did notice that Finland resisents are able to apply for an METV

Having a quick look through Finlands requirements for residency, it seems that E.U. citizens can get Finnish residency very easily by just applying for it

If that is the case, then E.U. residents should also be able to obtain Greek residency and get an METV in Athens

Residence permit , meaning you have been a resident in your home country , for six mounths .

Recently I applied for a visa , I was informed I had to provide relevant documentation , by post or e mail .

which has to be checked out , as genuine . and then Visa was issued . Fact.

(finnish only)

I wonder how they would handle a bank account statement where there are very few transactions over the past 6 months (they want to 6 months of account history), but would have a 6000 EUR balance in the end transferrred there with a single transaction within the last 30 days? This would be my situation, as I don't use my Finnish account at all.

(finnish only)

I wonder how they would handle a bank account statement where there are very few transactions over the past 6 months (they want to 6 months of account history), but would have a 6000 EUR balance in the end transferrred there with a single transaction within the last 30 days? This would be my situation, as I don't use my Finnish account at all.

I think you should send an email and ask..

For single entry touristvisa ( 500 euros balance) bankstatement from other than Finnish bank has been accepted.

Edited by thaitero

If I have a double entry tourist visa, I entered Nov 2, I can stay 60 and extend for 30 up to about Feb 2. How long can I leave for and enter again on the same visa for my next 90 days? Can I leave for say, 4 months, come back and get 90 days?

If I have a double entry tourist visa, I entered Nov 2, I can stay 60 and extend for 30 up to about Feb 2. How long can I leave for and enter again on the same visa for my next 90 days? Can I leave for say, 4 months, come back and get 90 days?

No. Your visa will have an 'enter before' date printed on it. You must use your 2nd entry on or before that date otherwise it's lost. Even if you enter on the 'enter before' date (last day) you will be granted 60 days which can be extended by 30 days.

Edited by elviajero

Your 2nd entry must be before the "enter before" date indicated on the visa, you can leave and re-enter whenever you like on or before this date.

I for one would love a concrete answer on this topic. I'm under 50 can't get a retirement visa, can't get a job. I get permanent disability from the US government so I'll never be able to work again. What are people like me supposed to do when we come to a country like this to be able to try to live a decent life with the money that were afforded, that's what that tourist visa did that was our only option. I don't work I can't work. The Thai government should realize that these pieces don't fit everyone.

I for one would love a concrete answer on this topic. I'm under 50 can't get a retirement visa, can't get a job. I get permanent disability from the US government so I'll never be able to work again. What are people like me supposed to do when we come to a country like this to be able to try to live a decent life with the money that were afforded, that's what that tourist visa did that was our only option. I don't work I can't work. The Thai government should realize that these pieces don't fit everyone.

I doubt the Thai authorities have any intention of offering a visa to fit everyone, and if there isn't a visa to fit then unfortunately you have to make do with what's on offer or stay home.

The METV has only just been launched so it will be some time before you'll get a concrete answer from other applicants in your situation. Your best bet is to contact your embassy/consulate and enquire yourself.

There's no set limit on single entry tourist visas, if they keep issuing you those then you're entitled to stay here as long as they do.

Or if your disability makes it difficult to do border runs every 90 days and you have plenty of money, there's the Thai Elite card for $15000 that gives you 5-6 years in country without having to go anywhere ever.

I am interested in the METV because -- should any such eventuality occur -- I would find it more preferable to have a $7000 deposit in a bank in the USA versus about $23,000 baht equivalent in a bank in Thailand. And for now, that looks to be a pretty good option.

• Like 2

So one week now and no report from anyone that can give report of metv obtained. Hells bells. I'm in Australia at present. If I didn't need a visa to goback los would love to nip into Melbourne consulate to give a concrete report. Come on tv members, surely one of you has obtained an metv.

• Like 1