The Multiple Entry Tourist Visa Topic (METV)

Make sure you check, not only the expiry date of your current entry, but also the enter before date on your visa. A double entry tourist visa was often valid only for 90 days after issue. A common mistake is to stay 90 days (60 + 30) on the first entry and find the visa is no longer valid when trying to use the second entry.

• Like 1

Does anyone know where i can get an application form for SETV for australians because on the thai embassy site in australia i cant download the form? There are pdf downloads for all visas except that and the METV.... from what i can tell anyway.... also i have a disability and i am wondering will that hinder my application for a 3 month tourist visa.. ... I have been to thailand before but only short trips so i have never applied for a visa... do they need to know what my disability is?

Cheers.

Edited by muffinzman

Does anyone know where i can get an application form for SETV for australians because on the thai embassy site in australia i cant download the form? There are pdf downloads for all visas except that and the METV.... from what i can tell anyway.... also i have a disability and i am wondering will that hinder my application for a 3 month tourist visa.. ... I have been to thailand before but only short trips so i have never applied for a visa... do they need to know what my disability is?

Cheers.

http://www.thaiconsulate.org/

I just punched on it and saw the form.

It is the same as the USA form.

They don't ask about disabilities.

Cheers.

Just to add. It is the general form. You check the box as to which one you want.

Cheers for your help BK6060 but when i click on the link it says page not found so i will email the address and see if they can send me one...

http://www.thaiconsulate.org/forms/Application-For-Visa.pdf

I just clicked on it from the link I send you.

Don't know what is wrong but good luck.

Cheers Mate ...

That form is for The Royal Thai Consulate Brisbane, it was closed on 27th March 2015. All visa applications that normally went there now have to go to Canberra.

http://www.thaiconsulate.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Annoucnment-Closure-of-The-Royal-Thai-Consulate-General.jpg

http://www.thaiconsulate.org/

Cheers.

It is the same form for all visas. You will use form A. http://canberra.thaiembassy.org/Home/DownloadForm/4304860377

I downloaded Visa A form from Canberra Thai Embassy prior to Christmas and there was no financial requirements, but on downloaded the same form today, a new listed requirement is financial proof or evidence of a minimum AU$8000 deposited for a minimum period of 6 months.

Previously no financial requirement, but that has now changed. There is still no mention of employment or letter from employer, that is still a requirement in Europe, UK for METV.

I just downloaded form A from the thai embassy canberra website and it says on the checklist that general documents for all visas including tourist and transit must have 8000 aussie dollars in the bank for 6 months.... If that means for the SETV as well then there goes my trip, thats pretty serious..

I just downloaded form A from the thai embassy canberra website and it says on the checklist that general documents for all visas including tourist and transit must have 8000 aussie dollars in the bank for 6 months.... If that means for the SETV as well then there goes my trip, thats pretty serious..

That is only for the METV. I suggest you of to the this webpage enter your nationality and then click tourist visa. http://canberra.thaiembassy.org/Home/visa

• Like 1

With the crazy as Hell METV requirements, I wonder if getting an SETV will be as easy as taking candy from a child.

Crazy as hell why?

It seemed rather simple to me.

Crazy <> simple.

Who in their right mind keeps A$8000 in a bank account for 6 months? They are always banging on about wanting so called 'quality tourists' but what they really mean is... we want dullard tourists.

With the crazy as Hell METV requirements, I wonder if getting an SETV will be as easy as taking candy from a child.

Crazy as hell why?

Crazy <> simple.

Who in their right mind keeps A$8000 in a bank account for 6 months? They are always banging on about wanting so called 'quality tourists' but what they really mean is... we want dullard tourists.

that is crazy.

i keep A$90000 for 100 months

• Like 1

Crazy as hell why?

Crazy <> simple.

It has never been a mystery that in immigration vocab; quality=money.

• Like 1

I guess the $8,000 requirement is a problem for some.

But, I asked about this and was told it can be a checking account, savings, or stock account. Or combination.

Stock account? ......anyone with money in a bank is not living in modern world.

I guess the $8,000 requirement is a problem for some.

But, I asked about this and was told it can be a checking account, savings, or stock account. Or combination.

Stock account? ......anyone with money in a bank is not living in modern world.

Oh sorry. Maybe you haven't heard of a stock account?? You know the stock market?

It is part of the modern world...... Geeeezzzzzz.......

If your referring to perhaps a super fund which places members fund in the STOCK market or own portfolio in stock market ......fine call it "stock account"

When I applied for non imm o..........they would not accept that in lieu of funds in the bank.

This is a copy and paste of the financial part of form A for METV for australians.... I was just emailed this by a guy who works at the thai royal embassy melbourne. Im sure everyone knows it now but i thought i would post it anway...

Instructions

Multiple Entry Tourist Visa (METV)

Updated: 9/12/2015

The METV allows multiple entries into Thailand for a maximum of 60 days per entry. This visa is only

valid for a 6-month time frame starting from the date the visa is issued. You therefore must enter

Thailand within a 6-month time frame.

1. The application form must be completed and submitted together with the following:

o Original Passport which must be in order and valid for AT LEAST 6 months, beyond the

o 1 recent passport sized photograph (3.5x4.5cm)

o Flight itinerary or e-ticket entering Thailand.

o Application Form A (Completed and Signed)

o Payment AUD $225 (See point 2 for payment methods)

o Evidence of adequate finance showing no less than AUD $8,000 OR 200,000 Baht (if

proposed date of entry into Thailand.

Thai bank account) as follows:

- Official Bank statement, issued within the last 6 months AND/OR

- Official credit card statement issued within the last 6 months, illustrating the current

balance and credit card limit

o Non-Australian citizens must provide proof of Australian Electronic Visa.

NOTE: The Consulate reserves the right to request more documents if required.

2. Fees to be paid in Australian Dollars and made out to ‘Royal Thai Consulate General

Melbourne’ by the following methods; bank cheque, money order, or cash only.

Personal and company cheques WILL NOT be accepted.

3. All visas will take a minimum of 2 working days to process once a complete application has

been received.

4. Visas by Mail: All applications sent via mail must include all of the requirements and

payment made out to ‘Royal Thai Consulate General Melbourne’.

Important: Visa applications will only be accepted if they are sent via registered post and

will only be returned if they include a self-addressed registered envelope, or express post

with signature on delivery (examples pg.2).

Edited by muffinzman

Yes Australia seems to have adopted some realistic requirements unlike many countries. Some asking for flights out of thailand along with hotel bookings and the ridiculous one of letter confirming employment.

Just putting in my 72¢; Here are screen grabs from the Thai Embassy in Ottawa, along with the Consulates in Toronto and Vancouver. There are no employment letters, proof of cash in the bank or any of the other "requirements" I'm reading about here. I took shots from both the actual visa form requirement section as well as from the page that describes all necessary documentation. If there are additional documents Canadians don't have to supply, maybe they don't like your country anymore. whistling.gif

post-130091-0-63575400-1451893285_thumb.

post-130091-0-06831800-1451893316_thumb.

post-130091-0-07206400-1451893337_thumb.

post-130091-0-70408600-1451893367_thumb.

post-130091-0-13709900-1451893391_thumb.

• Like 1

There are no employment letters, proof of cash in the bank or any of the other "requirements" I'm reading about here.

Thanks for the post, I also think other countries will follow Canada and Australia's lead on that front, with time.

So really the METV is not about 'making people go home' or 'stopping perpetual tourists / digital nomads' as people speculated at the start of this thread.

it's just about making sure people have a bit of cash to support their stay, which seems fine to me.

• Like 2