Trump: Paris attack would have been different with more guns

rooster59

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Most civilians are lousy shots so probably should give them hand grenades to make sure they hit the target.

Not at all,,, Most states that allow concealed carry, REQUIRE the person to attend, and PASS a firearms training course... If you only want a firearm for home use, and NOT carry on a daily basis, only a background check is required...

As this is about the current situation in Europe; including urban combat training?

USA 2013, firearms were used in:

84,258 nonfatal injuries

11,208 deaths by homicide

21,175 by suicide with a firearm,

505 deaths due to accidental discharge of a firearm

for a total of 33,169 deaths related to firearms.

And there will still be some idiots trying to explain how we'd be better off if we were all armed with lethal weapons.

Trump please, just shut the <deleted> up..

Things would have been different if USA and Europe didn t stick their nose in middle east for 30 years.

Things would have been different if USA and Europe didn t deal with Saudi and Qatar who promote wahabism and praise the same idealogy than ISIL.

So buzz off and shove your NRA ideology deep where the sun never shines.

Oh jeesh....

here is another dumb post about how usa caused all the religious zealots in the middle east to get riled up. Give us a break.

Thats in history 101.....muslims have been trying to get their hands on spain and france (priorily Gaul) for ages. Most of Spain was invaded by the Saracens more than 1100 years ago.

USA had nothing to do with it. Sharia law is ages older than the USA

get a grip. read some history. El Qaeda group had their affiliations...but this religious war against the infidel is old hat. I would say the Crusaders are the ones that really kicked the hornets nest....and that is when the "Holy Land" dilemma really got out of hand. If you got to point fingers...point it at the Holy Roman Empire...whose Emperor came from..???

Edited by slipperylobster

Things would have been different if USA and Europe didn t stick their nose in middle east for 30 years.

Things would have been different if USA and Europe didn t deal with Saudi and Qatar who promote wahabism and praise the same idealogy than ISIL.

Oh jeesh....

here is another dumb post about how usa caused all the religious zealots in the middle east to get riled up. Give us a break.

Thats in history 101.....muslims have been trying to get their hands on spain and france (priorily Gaul) for ages. Most of Spain was invaded by the Saracens more than 1100 years ago.

get a grip. read some history. El Qaeda group had their affiliations...but this religious war against the infidel is old hat. I would say the Crusaders are the ones that really kicked the hornets nest....and that is when the "Holy Land" dilemma really got out of hand. If you got to point fingers...point it at the Holy Roman Empire...whose Emperor came from..???

What does Germany have to do with this? After all the Holy Roman Empire was Central European.

But that is all old history. I cant see how anyone can deny that the present day's hornet's nest was caused by the destabilisation of the ME, mainly under responsibility of Bush jr.

Most civilians are lousy shots so probably should give them hand grenades to make sure they hit the target.

Not at all,,, Most states that allow concealed carry, REQUIRE the person to attend, and PASS a firearms training course... If you only want a firearm for home use, and NOT carry on a daily basis, only a background check is required...

Two weeks of fire is all it takes to get you on target...

It's not really science....(ok, some wind measurements are required for distant targets).

We are talking about close range....20 to 25 meters. A good pistol and a few lessons can get almost anyone...in the black.

Oh jeesh....

What does Germany have to do with this? After all the Holy Roman Empire was Central European.

But that is all old history. I cant see how anyone can deny that the present day's hornet's nest was caused by the destabilisation of the ME, mainly under responsibility of Bush jr.

Lets just say that was the beginning of the trouble....in the Holy Land.

It never ended....but I am sure a good scholar would want to know how it began.

Blaming the USA just does not always work for me.

Two weeks of fire is all it takes to get you on target...

It's not really science....(ok, some wind measurements are required for distant targets).

We are talking about close range....20 to 25 meters. A good pistol and a few lessons can get almost anyone...in the black.

And then you end up with stories like this:

Houston police say that an armed man’s attempt to stop a carjacking went terribly wrong on Saturday night when he shot the vehicle’s owner in the head, then fled the scene.

Link

Edited by Chicog

Oh jeesh....

Lets just say that was the beginning of the trouble....in the Holy Land.

It never ended....but I am sure a good scholar would want to know how it began.

Blaming the USA just does not always work for me.

I would say the Roman Empire, not the Holy Roman Empire, started the problems there.

But it was very, very quiet for many years, until the US decided to unsettle things there.

"So there were no armed military/security personnel at either base?"

Obviously NOT,, BOTH cases required the victims to be, "saved" by the police.... as in the recent shooting at a military recruitment office....

"

This sounds likey typical civilian mentality......

"all soldiers walk around heavily armed and have concealed weapons..."

utter nonsense.

Military Police and Civilian Police (except in obvious live fire exercises)..along with a handful of sentries ...are the only guys with loaded weapons on base...in the usa.

and Jeeeeeeeeeesh.... I was a recruiter....no weapon... we don't carry weapons in schools and while pecking away at our typewriters in a shopping mall.

get real people

You do realize that not even policemen carry guns in some European countries (UK for example). The mentality is totally different.

Very foolish indeed...

had to laugh.

Here is what happens to unarmed policman when they are arresting a packing villain...

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-14171415\

any questions?

What do they use when the baddies draw their weapons and say..."Badges"? "We don't like your stinking badges"? bam bam.

do they throw billie clubs back?

You do realize that not even policemen carry guns in some European countries (UK for example). The mentality is totally different.

Very foolish indeed...

had to laugh.

What do they use when the baddies draw their weapons and say..."Badges"? "We don't like your stinking badges"? bam bam.

You may think it's foolish, but that is because you live in fear and have backwards thinking.

Just look at the murder rates & death by guns in Europe and compare to those the good ol' US..

And we do not have to lock up most of our young men or have the highest incarceration rates in the 'civilised' world.

Empirical evidence trumps your fear every day of the week..

While it may appear to be foolish it actually works very well, please stop trying to imagine that you have the answers you clearly do not.

War on Terror? hows is that working out?

Capitol punishment? how's that working out for you guys?

Jog on trying to impose your madness in Europe.. it's not happening fella.

Edited by MrTee

Very foolish indeed...

had to laugh.

Here is what happens to unarmed policman when they are arresting a packing villain...

any questions?

Yeah here is a question..

How many people died in the incident you reported?

spoiler : none

as I said jog on...

Very foolish indeed...

had to laugh.

any questions?

as I said jog on...

These responses are exactly why Europeans are so irksome.

This idiot cop (no weapon) racing at armed criminals (weapons)

Only luck had it that he was not killed.

So now what. Every european / british cop is just a bullet receptacle? No pity for your police? You truly believe bad guys don't carry weapons???

amazing...euros....lol

Very foolish indeed...

had to laugh.

You may think it's foolish, but that is because you live in fear and have backwards thinking.

Just look at the murder rates & death by guns in Europe and compare to those the good ol' US..

And we do not have to lock up most of our young men or have the highest incarceration rates in the 'civilised' world.

While it may appear to be foolish it actually works very well, please stop trying to imagine that you have the answers you clearly do not.

You have not one iota of knowledge as to whether I am a fearful man or not.

I suggest you backtrack...as I consider that insulting..personally.

By the way...unarmed policemen facing guns.....yes, my dear lord.... foolish indeed.

oh yes..

Open the gates for ISIS?

Attacks by foreigners against your civilians?

Unarmed...incapable...police unable to respond?

how is that working out over there? for you? fella

Very foolish indeed...

had to laugh.

any questions?

as I said jog on...

These responses are exactly why Europeans are so irksome.

This idiot cop (no weapon) racing at armed criminals (weapons)

Only luck had it that he was not killed.

So now what. Every european / british cop is just a bullet receptacle? No pity for your police? You truly believe bad guys don't carry weapons???

amazing...euros....lol

As I said empirical evidence trumps your fear everyday of the week

You found one article to justify your half-baked idea

http://www.pri.org/stories/2014-08-18/how-many-times-british-cops-fired-guns-all-last-year-3

UK Policemen killed in the line of duty

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_police_officers_killed_in_the_line_of_duty

Last time a British Policeman was shot dead was in 2012 ..

In 2013, British police officers fired their weapons all of three times. No one died. "British citizens are around 100 times less likely to be shot by a police officer than Americans. Between 2010 and 2014, the police force of one small American city — Albuquerque in New Mexico — shot and killed 23 civilians; seven times more than the number of Brits killed by all of England and Wales’s 43 forces during the same period.

But you think your idea is better..

Empirical evidence trumps your fear everyday of the week - try and work out what that actually means before trying to impose your madness on us Europeans..

Very foolish indeed...

had to laugh.

By the way...unarmed policemen facing guns.....yes, my dear lord.... foolish indeed.

oh yes..

Open the gates for ISIS?

Nice try but no prize - fella.

Once again empirical evidence shows your fear is distorting your thinking.

There has been 1 death related to Islamic terrorism in the UK since 2010..

Edited by MrTee

Very foolish indeed...

had to laugh.

oh yes..

Open the gates for ISIS?

Since you find guns necessary to defend yourself, you obviously are a fearful man.