Thailand only: Four year old twins ‘get married’ to help ward off evil spirits

rooster59

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just when you think you have just read the most stupidest

thing about Thailand,something pops up to beat it.never a

dull moment here. P.S. the little boy does not look very happy about it all.

regards Worgeordie

Well, how would you feel about gaining a mother-in-law at that age?

I have a two-year old daughter with my Thai wife. When she was newborn and crying at night I wanted to play the hours of lullabies I had downloaded for her. NOPE. Can't do that or it will alert Pii Krasue (the ghost with a head and entrails) and the ghost will come and take the baby away. My wife also had to bring in laundry before dark that was hanging outside to dry so the ghost wouldn't see the baby clothes. Oh, and instead of lullabies, wife and/or mother-in-law would just moan uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. This went on for about the first year.

Do they both get divorced before they turn to 18 to avoid charges of inbreeding? How can they marry again in a legal THAI way later when they are still married in Buddha's way?

I'm thinking of getting married to my beer bottle to trick the spirit in the beer. AMAZING THAILAND!

In the photo which ones are the parents I wonder? Either way they look like brother and sister. Im not one for Thai bashing at all. I love this country but seriously? Poor kids growing up believing this rubbish. Now that is child abuse. Crazy it was backed by the family who must also believe this rubbish. I think the spirits have already visited he parents and are playing some cruel joke on them.

I wander what the psychological or other effects might be on the twins? Possibility of doing much more harm than any make believe spirits. Possibly a case for an international child protection agency to get involved.

There seems to be a growing divide between countries, communities or individuals who follow superstitious beliefs compared to a rational based philosophy, driving a lot of the problems we see today.

Crepe and cream, enough said!

I know of two little brothers who's names are Bam and Boo.

Another twist, you can find a few families who have given their kids the nicknames: nueng, sorng, samm, see etc. (1, 2, 3, 4)

A Thai friend of ours has 5 year old identical twin girls nicknamed Bee and Bo.

OMG I am a Spirit Slayer and Kill Evel spirits all the time for 100,000 baht Now you may ask how do you know I am true Spirit slayer? I will show you people who have had their evil spirits slayed and you can ask them if they have had evil bad things happen to them They will tell you no. PRESTO I rest my case Now for the incantation

"OOOOGAAAA BOOOGAAA spirits of Christmas past" Oppps wrong incantation !!!!

I have to read some books on Buddhist incantations I'll get back to you

Edited by realenglish1

Sounds real strange, but then again someone being crucified and coming back from the dead is just as strange. Only atheism makes any sense because it relies on facts not unproven beliefs.

Typical cynical (closed minded) statement from the atheist religion/cult with its arrogant cult leader Richard Dawkins!

Just when you think you have just read the most stupidest

thing about Thailand,something pops up to beat it.never a

dull moment here. P.S. the little boy does not look very happy about it all.

regards Worgeordie

How do you defend the people believing that a guy got crucified and then came back from the dead and was the son of god ?

Sounds as stupid to me as this, it does not matter what religion you believe in its all stupid and unproven. You can't say this religion is less stupid as that one because they are all based on faith not facts.

I totally agree. It's no more strange than no eating pork, fasting once a year.

Live and let live unless it's causing someone harm. Besides it's no different than arranged marriage in same other culture albeit for different reasons.

Humanity face palm. I think it's time we all become extinct to make way for more evolved species.

Edited by bkk75

Sounds real strange, but then again someone being crucified and coming back from the dead is just as strange. Only atheism makes any sense because it relies on facts not unproven beliefs.

You choose to select facts or you choose to put faith in a chosen belief. Two people can disagree and both be right.