Condemned convict declines to appeal against his death sentence

Jonathan Fairfield

Condemned convict declines to appeal against his death sentence

1410-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK:-- A railway worker who was condemned to death by the Appeals Court for raping and killing a 13-year old girl travelling on a night train has declined his right of appeal the verdict to the Supreme Court.

The condemned convict, Wanchai Saengkhao, submitted a petition through his lawyer to Hua Hin provincial court declaring his decision not to appeal the verdict to the Supreme Court.

As such, the case is regarded as closed and the convict will face his judgement.

However, a judicial source said that execution would not be carried out until the convict has petitioned for Royal pardon. Only when his petition is rejected or there is no response to his petition after a certain period, then execution can proceed.

The case was widely reported by the media because it took place in a night train right in the middle of several other passengers who were totally unaware of the crime. The body of the victim was thrown out of the speeding train.

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-11-16

"However, a judicial source said that execution would not be carried out until the convict has petitioned for Royal pardon. Only when his petition is rejected or there is no response to his petition after a certain period, then execution can proceed."

Now there's a loophole that has just been waiting to be exploited by scum like this piece of faeces.

"However, a judicial source said that execution would not be carried out until the convict has petitioned for Royal pardon. Only when his petition is rejected or there is no response to his petition after a certain period, then execution can proceed."

Now there's a loophole that has just been waiting to be exploited by scum like this piece of faeces.

Well let us hope that the petition isn't filed for a number of years as the rule could very well be different by then.

Thailand has not carried out any executions in over ten years except for two in 2009.

My guess he will remain on death row for many years not knowing if every birthday will be his last... maybe in ten or twenty years time (or probably sooner if when Thailand does away with the death sentence) his sentence will be reduced to life.

"A railway worker who was condemned to death..."

I would think that a more appropriate sentence than death would be to make him the permanent shower attendant for the general prison population.

Unlike western prisons rape of males in a male prison in Thailand is very rare and met with disgust by Thais. More often than not a prisoner would have sex with one of the prison pigs long before considering committing a homosexual act. usually 3000b for a pig, 5000b for a female pig and for 8000b you can choose which female pig and lets face it who would want an ugly pig. Thais are very accepting of ladyboys but are not accepting of homosexuality. Back to this convict and the horrendous crime he committed, I am of the opinion he should be a an asylum not a prison but wherever he is held it should be for eternity.

I would think that a more appropriate sentence than death would be to make him the permanent shower attendant for the general prison population.

Unlike western prisons rape of males in a male prison in Thailand is very rare and met with disgust by Thais. More often than not a prisoner would have sex with one of the prison pigs long before considering committing a homosexual act. usually 3000b for a pig, 5000b for a female pig and for 8000b you can choose which female pig and lets face it who would want an ugly pig. Thais are very accepting of ladyboys but are not accepting of homosexuality. Back to this convict and the horrendous crime he committed, I am of the opinion he should be a an asylum not a prison but wherever he is held it should be for eternity.

You've been watching too much TV! Or reading too many books...........

Child killer Wanchai accepts his fate
The Nation

30273087-01_big.jpg
Wanchai

BANGKOK: -- Former train worker Wanchai Saengkhao, whose death sentence for raping and murdering a 13-year-old girl was upheld by the Appeals Court last year, has said he will not take his case to the Supreme Court.

An informed source reported yesterday that Wanchai, 23, had asked his lawyer to notify the Hua Hin Provincial Court that he would not appeal again.

Wanchai killed the girl on a Bangkok-bound train in Prachuap Khiri Khan on the night of July 5, 2014.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Child-killer-Wanchai-accepts-his-fate-30273087.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-11-17

this is from a friend who was a guest for over a decade at the Bangkok Hilton

Retoohs, you've now ruined the dreams of closet homosexuals on this forum who salivate at the thought of prison buggery and never miss an opportunity to tell us, often in lurid detail, what could or should happen to convicts. It always makes me laugh.

this is from a friend who was a guest for over a decade at the Bangkok Hilton

Or did a stretch.