Thai govt to announce its achievements

webfact

Govt to announce its achievements
THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- THE achievements of the Prayut government during its first year in office will be announced to the public at a three-day event to be held on December 21, 23 and 24 at Government House, PM's Office Minister Suwaphan Tanyuvardhana said yesterday.

He said the first day will feature exhibitions by various ministries and departments, and Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha and his deputies will announce the achievements of ministries under their supervision. A summary in Thai and English will also be distributed to the National Legislative Assembly, the media and members of the public.

Suwaphan said the committee expediting the implementation of government policies and reform plans must act as a coordinator to push for reforms with six newly set-up reform steering committees that the Cabinet appointed on Tuesday.

According to Prayut, the six panels will direct policies to local organisations and cooperate with the Interior Ministry. The local organisations, named as "pracha rat", include sheriffs and village headmen, with district chiefs expected to play an increasing role in assisting provincial governors.

The Cabinet had earlier resolved that every ministry should draw up the second-stage operation by splitting into four periods. The meeting resolved that the secretary of the committee create a framework for every ministry in line with reform plans and submit it to the meeting before December 14.

Meanwhile, National Reform Steering Assembly (NRSA) spokesman Apichart Jongsakul said the NRSA had come up with new guidelines on media reform, including online media, to be used together with the National Reform Council (NRC)'s guidelines.

The NRC had earlier mapped out guidelines for the media and state agencies related to the media to follow: Liberty comes with responsibility; prevention of media intervention; and establishment of efficient media control.

For online media, the NRSA wants to stop the dissemination of information that is unethical, distorted and instigates social turmoil. The NRSA believes the problems stem from lax law enforcement and technology; control mechanism of the Internet is with the private sector; the government policy to expand Internet use without prevention and control policies.

The NRSA appointed three subcommittees on media reform - a subcommittee on print media headed by Prapa Hetrakul; a subcommittee on radio, television and telecommunications, led by Air Chief Marshal Kanit Suwannate; a subcommittee on online media, headed by Pol Maj-General Pisit Paoin.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Govt-to-announce-its-achievements-30273264.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-11-19

"THE achievements of the Prayut government during its first year in office will be announced to the public..."

That should be as short as the list of "Thai war heroes" or "Ethical politicians over the past 20 years".

Edited by jaltsc

So the single gateway is not dead, "the NRSA wants to stop the dissemination of information that is unethical, distorted and instigates social turmoil". The NRSA continues that it believes the problems stem from, amongst other causes, the fact that the " control mechanisms of the internet is with the private sector".

The announcement of their first-years achievements, like the achievements themselves (the real ones, not the propaganda), is happening late, at least six months after the actual anniversary.

A three-day outpouring of propaganda, with very little to show of reform or reconciliation.

While the junta head may strut around like a modern-day Napoleon, and spruke about "his" achievements, there seems to be very little that actually has been done for the benefit of the people!

That really is some achievement!

I will add to the list.

Very good at putting false polls out telling everyone how happy people are.

Continually changing the date for a democratic election.

Patting itself on the back for good work, which isn't done. Such as the war on corruption

Telling the people more tourist are coming than ever before.

Taking freedoms away. eg the internet.

I could go on.

I can help...

1/ shutting bars

2/ lottery pricing

3/ planning buying subs

4/ stop free speech

5/ sending Chinese activists back for brownie points

6/ announcing cure for Ebola

great job!

Whatever happened to the cure for Ebola? I forgot all about it.

I can help...

1/ shutting bars

2/ lottery pricing

3/ planning buying subs

4/ stop free speech

great job!

That's rather what they hoped!

I can help...

1/ shutting bars

2/ lottery pricing

3/ planning buying subs

4/ stop free speech

great job!

Old news - they are now toting their vaccine for Dengue.

List of lists of achievements:

1. List of people who mysteriously died, or not so mysteriously killed.

2. List of measures to kill off free speech.

3. List of measures to kill off democracy.

4. List of measures to kill off human rights.

5. ...sigh

Not looking so jovial. These military types seem quite good at something though.

When the PM and his deputies are speaking will there be the usual punctuation of bells, whistles, cymbals and drum rolls ?

Why not a parade?

Sounds like a grand idea!

They should build a 1/10th scale model of a Chinese sub.

Drag it around on a trailer, with a few smiling Navy brass.

I can help...

1/ shutting bars

2/ lottery pricing

3/ planning buying subs

4/ stop free speech

great job!

Bike lanes Mr LannaGuy, do NOT forget the bike lanes!