International Fireworks Display this weekend.

toenail

--Supposedly the annual Pattaya Fireworks Display will be this weekend, Nov. 28th & 29th. I do not see the barges out at bay where they shoot the fireworks from or (so far) the narrowing of Beach Rd due to the vendor stalls being set up along the new extra lane that was built a few years ago. Is this event confirmed? (It seems the city does not do enough publicizing their events- and I live/ work here.)

Not 28 and 29 but 27 and 28 (Friday and Saturday).

The traffic clogging will be exceptional even for Pattaya customs tongue.png

Two years ago I was in the Buakhao area while the event took place.

Even walking was difficult cheesy.gif

At least you see nice pics in the internet.

And a mate who lives in Jomtien seemed concerned about traffic on these days.

Quite sure it will take place.
A usually well informed source is Bell Bus and it says in a popup:

https://www.belltravelservice.com/pages/PageHome.aspx

This year Pattaya will host International Fireworks Festival during Nov.27-28, 2015. Activities include parades and concerts. The venue will take place along beach road from North Pattaya to Walking Street.

Therefore, along the beach road from Dolphin circle to Walking Street, Bali Hai Pier and Pratumnark road will be closed from 15:00-22:00 on both days.

12246746_1662958413975623_29772683070555

Edited by KhunBENQ

Is it safe to be in very crowded places right now?

Chances to have your wallet stolen in a crowd is around 10'000 times higher than to be killed by a terrorist...

My wife would disagree, and she doesn't carry a wallet.smile.png

I'm sure the chances are slim in any city, but that hasn't stopped people from taking precautions.

In the whole world (60 million square miles) there might be one terrorist incident every week. What are the chances that this will happen within an area near you at any one time? I am more worried about being hit by an asteroid. You are 100,000 times more likely to be run over in Pattaya that killed by a terrorist.

In the whole world (60 million square miles) there might be one terrorist incident every week. What are the chances that this will happen within an area near you at any one time? I am more worried about being hit by an asteroid. You are 100,000 times more likely to be run over in Pattaya that killed by a terrorist.

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. 95% of people live on 10% of its landmass but a more useful statistic would be: 3.9 billion live in cities.

In Thailand this crowd will present an unusual opportunity to catch a large assortment of foreign nationals in an unsecured area in one place at one time.

If you don't feel safe, don't go and watch it on youtube the next day, but it wont stop tens of thousands of people enjoying it

Thanks for the advice. I'll be watching it from a less crowded beach area. Don't like crowds anyway.

My wife is the one who brought it up actually as she comes from a country where terrorist activities are common. I can't talk the fear out of her with statistics.

Edited by tropo

Actual fireworks are scheduled 8-10 pm on both days.....

times to be taken with a bucket of salt.

Fri 27th

20.00 - 20.20

21.00 - 21.20 China and Philippines

21.35 - 22.00 Korea and Japan

Sat 28th

20.00 - 20.20

21.20 - 21.40 Korea and Japan

If you have to take the car ( not recommended )

parking

post-2109-0-50930400-1448613331_thumb.jp

Edited by johng

Actual fireworks are scheduled 8-10 pm on both days.....

times to be taken with a bucket of salt.

Fri 27th

20.00 - 20.20

21.35 - 22.00 Korea and Japan

Sat 28th

20.00 - 20.20

21.20 - 21.40 Korea and Japan

If you have to take the car ( not recommended )

parking

attachicon.gifparking fireworks.jpg

"times to be taken with a bucket of salt."

A whole truck load, judging by what's happened in previous years.

I'd recommend people didn't waste their time and effort trying to view this. All fireworks were set off from one barge, I couldn't believe this. With a location like Pattaya bay why not make use of it?? This was a second rate show. Calling it an international competition is nothing but a joke!

I'd recommend people didn't waste their time and effort trying to view this. All fireworks were set off from one barge, I couldn't believe this. With a location like Pattaya bay why not make use of it?? This was a second rate show. Calling it an international competition is nothing but a joke!

It was a good show... set off from 3 barges, not one. It would be totally ridiculous to blow them off from more than one area as the cost would have been prohibitive. It was not a competition as it has been in previous years, so you shouldn't have gone there expecting as much.

Edited by tropo

Sorry but I only seen fireworks being set off from a single barge. Maybe I missed an earlier display.

I realise their was more than one 'nation' setting off fireworks, but from what I seen, it was far from an international standard.

What a disappointment!

International fireworks display? What a joke!

I have seen 100x better displays at local trotting meets in Australia. New Years Eve in Pattaya is 1000x better.

It was far better than New Years Eve, which is set off from the Bali Hai pier area and some in Naklua. 10 minutes after midnight it's all over.

Sorry but I only seen fireworks being set off from a single barge. Maybe I missed an earlier display.

I realise their was more than one 'nation' setting off fireworks, but from what I seen, it was far from an international standard.

There were 3 barges linked together. All displays were set from 3 barges simultaneously. Where were you sitting? If you weren't sitting in the middle stage area you would have missed the impact as this was a directional display intended to be enjoyed from a specific area on the beach in front of the 3 barges. I paid for seating directly in front of the barges and found the 4 displays very enjoyable.