Turkey Russia jet: Marine killed in pilot rescue bid

webfact

Turkey Russia jet: Marine killed in pilot rescue bid

LONDON: -- A Russian marine has been killed on a helicopter mission to rescue the crew of a jet downed by Turkey near the Syrian border on Tuesday.

He died when his helicopter came under fire from rebels in northern Syria, where the plane crashed.

Rebel fire from the ground killed one of the jet's two crew members after they ejected.

The head of Nato said it stood in solidarity with Turkey as the Kremlin warned of "serious consequences".

US President Barack Obama later assured his Turkish counterpart, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, in a phone call of US support for his country's right to defend its sovereignty.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-34917485

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2015-11-25

Putin has been running amok lately and acting like he holds all of the cards. There is NO way that any NATO country is going to back Russia in this issue. There is also no way that Russia is going to take on NATO. Putin stepped in it this time and he's just going to have to live with it.

Cheers.

It seems that one of the pilots of the downed jet was machine gunned while floating down to earth in his parachute.

I find this an unbelievable callous, gutless and bloodthirsty act.

I think it goes with the the territory. He was trying to bomb them.

It seems that one of the pilots of the downed jet was machine gunned while floating down to earth in his parachute.

The people that shot at him were the fellow soldiers of the people that Russia had been bombing( and killing) for the past month.

Better to be shot and killed while floating down to earth; then to be captured and tortured in front of the whole world.

Sorry to say; but Russia does not care who gets killed when they bomb. They only are trying to save a corupt and murdering leader of Syria.

But I am sorry for the pilots family.

There is an old Air Force adage" If you are hit,try not to parachute into the area that you have just bombed".DJ

War is not a gentleman's game.It is no longer a bit of gentleman's rule as in the first World War.Their thinking is that a live pilot can once again fly to bomb them.Also they were probably a bit angry that they were here on the dirty ground while he was not.

Sometimes it is difficult to understand when and why we support a terrorist killing... in this case killing the pilot and around a quarter of a century ago killing the former President of Afghanistan with all brutality by the islamic militants taking power (maybe because that process was supported by the US)

No! That is a typical muslim act. They just love to kill , especially helpless people. They are nothing but inbred gutless Allah worshipping,boy screwing dregs of humanity.

Yeh! whilst he was floating down in a parachute, gutless murderers. You are completely wrong, he was nothing more than a POW and it is against international convention to murder any POW.

Edited by oldsailor35

Yeh! whilst he was floating down in a parachute, gutless murderers. You are completely wrong, he was nothing more than a POW and it is against international convention to murder any POW.

Yes, Turkey were probably a bit quick to shoot down this Russian plane, after all they have invaded Syrian airspace on a few occasions and shrugged it off as an accident. I don't think the Russians should have been there, but nothing can excuse shooting the crew after they bailed out. It makes a mockery of supporting these guys against ISIS. Not that the Russians have a good record with POW's. However I expect more than a few people will be surprised that NATO were so strong in supporting Turkey and it sends a strong message that the US planes are very well armed and the Russians anti-missile defenses were not effective. Don't suppose it will do much for Russian arms sales. China and her local cheer leaders should take note.

You have not obviously seen the Videos of people being burned alive, Drowned beheaded, You are dealing with sub Humans,

I am sorry for the Family of the two men killed during this folly ! I also remember Russia using the same reason for shooting down a Korea Airlines B-747 for passing through their airspace. Putin has a short memory. They killed all on board including a US Congressman named McDonald 5th District of Georgia.

Understandable, he had just bombed them and their families. Personally surprised they didn't set him on fire when he landed.