Pre Nuptual Agreements

bob4you

My wonderful Thai wife (9 monk ceremony only) wants to officially marry with"paper". After being subdivided 4 times by Western wives I swore I would never put myself in that position again. She is not a bar girl and I plan on staying with her forever but at her age I recognize people change (I am too old to change) and I also see occasional un-justified flareups that I know are PMS, she does not understand why her "hormones" act so strange occasionally.

She just graduated University on a scholarship provide by my ATM and we own 2 houses and 2 cars, but in the name of my corporation. I am working on a will that will give her everything if I die of natural causes but if under mysterious circumstances my brother would inherit my estate.

How can I protect my assets and still keep a happy wife. I don't think she would have any objection to a pre nup.

Edited by bob4you

My wonderful Thai wife (9 monk ceremony only) wants to officially marry with"paper". After being subdivided 4 times by Western wives I swore I would never put myself in that position again. She is not a bar girl and I plan on staying with her forever but at her age I recognize people change (I am too old to change) and I also see occasional un-justified flareups that I know are PMS, she does not understand why her "hormones" act so strange occasionally.

She just graduated University on a scholarship provide by my ATM and we own 2 houses and 2 cars, but in the name of my corporation. I am working on a will that will give her everything if I die of natural causes but if under mysterious circumstances my brother would inherit my estate.

How can I protect my assets and still keep a happy wife. I don't think she would have any objection to a pre nup.

Firstly (whilst not the answer to your query) I advise that you do not tell her that she is the sole beneficiary in the event of your death, otherwise you might not have the time to do a pre nup. :o

##############

Edited by chanchao

Pre-nuptial agreements (known as ante-nuptials in Thailand) are legal when attached to wedding certificates at time of marriage, signed by you and wife and 2 witnesses. Most lawyers in Chiang Mai should have knowledge.