Mystery surrounds kidnapping of foreign man in Pattaya

webfact

...how did they get past the guards to begin with...

...something does not add up here....

...'get to the other guard to call police'....???

...why not call yourself....

...and no license....

...convenient to say 'they wore masks'....so no description....

...so how do you know they are foreigners....

...hmmm....

...what was the victim doing there......

...<deleted> bs story they have presented here......

...the guards should be interrogated.....

They drove past the guards probably, they're hardly likely to stop to identify themselves.

Perhaps one guard went to see why someone was shouting for help and indicated to his mate to call police?

No licence? What? Licence for what?

Perhaps they did wear masks?

They spoke to the guards, told them to keep away, that would give a clue that they weren't Thai, wouldn't it?

What does it matter what the victim was doing there, maybe he lived there?

It's highly unlikely that the guards haven't been questioned.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From their website:

Jomtien Park Villas

Jomtien Park Villas, is an exclusive community built to the highest Euroean standard of quality for those who have achieved a stage in life where they can enjoy the very best. Only 800 m. from Jomtien Beach, with easy access to Supermarkets, Restaurants and Entertainment areas. 24-Hours security, including dual electronic sensor beams, linked directly to the alarms and the guardhouse. Electronic gates and automatic imported garage doors, activated with just one remote control.

So how did they get the truck in? Was it a Ninja truck? Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Thje error already started in the first line.

Built to the highest European standards cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Yep, 10.000s of unregistered economic migrants can't be wrong ;-)

They spoke to the guards, told them to keep away, that would give a clue that they weren't Thai, wouldn't it?

It's highly unlikely that the guards haven't been questioned.

Welcome to Thailand, experience their excellent Police force, extraordinary in securing evidence and following up on it! Edited by BernieOnTour

It's worse than that. Look, they've got masks, but he's only "believed to be a foreigner" and he didn't have a mask, but they could see him OK, as they knew that there were five men and if he's on the floor "faintly", they must have seen him. The second part of the extracted article thinks he's "also" a foreigner maybe, so it's all very suspicious.

The leaving weapons about the place is typical of a set up, as they can lift prints and put them on them, or, they can claim evidence contamination if there's no suspects at the time when they are pressured into do the forensics.

I'm not sure on the significance of shell casings, but presumably that could be to 'prove that shooting took place there' and thus would make the witnesses incredible as no one could be credible if they didn't remember to mention the gun fire.

If this isn't just all laziness and a total lack of understanding for the need for telling the truth about anything ever or not contradicting yourself or correcting ambiguity, the indications from the shambles of a report is that this a deliberately set up mess; and when these happen, it could of course not happened at all, and could be to set someone up for a crime that didn't happen, happened somewhere else, or, simply to damage the reputation of a rival's business at the complex.

The only other possibility that springs to mind is that they'd taken the man there to get him to show them something they wanted, and had shot someone else before and now they thought they'd kill him and leave him there, but then decided to take him away from the incriminating bullets for some purpose---perhaps they were given a call, thought they'd have to extract the info. from him as the other option had expired, or something like that.

"...the indications from the shambles of a report is that.."

Shambles of a report? The indications from this shambles of a comment is that I've found the pile of tosh I've been looking for all day.

My mate lives in this village. The security is a joke. Theyre normally asleep as soon as it gets dark. Have to blow the car horn to get their attention for them to open the gate going in and coming out. They let anyone in, no request for ID or anything.

... I'm still trying to find a village, where that is not the case!

And foreigners are anyway nearly always allowed to pass. (Good example: The Urban Condo on Soi 15, where a few months ago several men of "Middle East origin" walked several floors, checking all doors and trying to break in. CCTV is never actively monitored, the Samsung is more important, if not that, it's finding a good place to rest their head.

I live in a village. My security guards have very long, sharp teeth and they do nap, but they wake up as soon as someone gets anywhere near the walls of our enclave. It doesn't matter the time of day, but I have to admit, after dark they can get aggressive.

Edited by connda

No fire without a smoke, something nasty must have happened to warrant such action, and

usually, the people that gets kidnaped has are involved in some shady business as here in

Thailand kidnaping for ransom is very uncommon,

I think you mean it's not commonly reported in the newspapers. Enough stories leak out that I believe it's more common than you seem to think. It seems to be especially common among rich Chinese or Thai/Chinese. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Pattaya Police search for Australian Abduction victim and suspect

man-3.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA:-- In the early hours of Monday, a 38-year-old Australian was abducted from the front of his luxury villa in Jomtien. Police are searching for a fellow Australian who is suspected of being part of a 5-man gang who were involved in the victim’s abduction.

The incident occurred at the Jomtien Park Villas in Soi 17 off the Tepprasit Road just before 5am and was witnessed by two Security Guards at the Estate who described how 5 men, all wearing balaclavas attacked Mr. Wayne Schneider in front of his home and then placed him inside a Black Toyota Vigo pick-up while he was unconscious.

The Guards attempted to approach the scene but they claimed they were threatened with a gun in possession of one of the abductors. Police arrived and examined the scene at the front of one of the villas, and noticed a pool of blood next to a Casio Wrist Watch, an extendable Baton, 3 9mm bullets, tape and a sponge.

Initial investigations came up with a possible suspect in the case who was named as Mr. Antonio Bagnato aged 26 who was thought to be known by the victim. Police visited the suspects house but he was not there and further attempts to contact him have been unsuccessful.

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-11-30

My mate lives in this village. The security is a joke. Theyre normally asleep as soon as it gets dark. Have to blow the car horn to get their attention for them to open the gate going in and coming out. They let anyone in, no request for ID or anything.

For 8000 per month or whatever pittance they earn, I would sleep too.

5 guys to abduct 1 man,bit heavy handed,the more involved the

easier they will be to apprehend,and it looks like one dropped

his driving license,as well as a bit of other stuff,now the game

is up,most likely in Cambodia by now,if they have any sense.

regards Worgeordie

From their website:

Jomtien Park Villas

Jomtien Park Villas, is an exclusive community built to the highest Euroean standard of quality for those who have achieved a stage in life where they can enjoy the very best. Only 800 m. from Jomtien Beach, with easy access to Supermarkets, Restaurants and Entertainment areas. 24-Hours security, including dual electronic sensor beams, linked directly to the alarms and the guardhouse. Electronic gates and automatic imported garage doors, activated with just one remote control.

So how did they get the truck in? Was it a Ninja truck? Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Just salute the security guard works at most estates.

I am more interested in how they got out without the second guard getting a rego or part rego. If they were foreigners then they would have been allowed straight in, of course. My yachtie brother in law and my sister were here a few months ago and we drove in and out of several marinas with apparent high security, no problems.

The security guards are probably illiterate so cant read a reg plate.

So am I to assume that thugs who wear masks are foreigners and not Thais ? The police will have this case wrapped up in no time if they have already worked that out. The police have done a wonderful job so far, they found traces of blood on the ground ( not surprising after someone just had a hell of a kicking ) , a gun magazine ( mmmm, I wonder if there may be some prints on there ) , a steel baton ( and maybe prints on this too) , three 9 mm cartridges ( used or unused, someone being careless dropping unused ones about the place) , a black cab ( oh that's where the Vigo went , wonder if they looked in the back of the cab for the victim ) , a Casio wristwatch ( cheap crap) , and adhesive tape at the scene ( for putting up the wanted posters )

It's worse than that. Look, they've got masks, but he's only "believed to be a foreigner" and he didn't have a mask, but they could see him OK, as they knew that there were five men and if he's on the floor "faintly", they must have seen him. The second part of the extracted article thinks he's "also" a foreigner maybe, so it's all very suspicious.

The leaving weapons about the place is typical of a set up, as they can lift prints and put them on them, or, they can claim evidence contamination if there's no suspects at the time when they are pressured into do the forensics.

I'm not sure on the significance of shell casings, but presumably that could be to 'prove that shooting took place there' and thus would make the witnesses incredible as no one could be credible if they didn't remember to mention the gun fire.

If this isn't just all laziness and a total lack of understanding for the need for telling the truth about anything ever or not contradicting yourself or correcting ambiguity, the indications from the shambles of a report is that this a deliberately set up mess; and when these happen, it could of course not happened at all, and could be to set someone up for a crime that didn't happen, happened somewhere else, or, simply to damage the reputation of a rival's business at the complex.

The only other possibility that springs to mind is that they'd taken the man there to get him to show them something they wanted, and had shot someone else before and now they thought they'd kill him and leave him there, but then decided to take him away from the incriminating bullets for some purpose---perhaps they were given a call, thought they'd have to extract the info. from him as the other option had expired, or something like that.

I must say you have a fantastic imagination. You should try to write a mystery murder story or a film script.

The real question here is why this was "allowed" to make the news...usually a covert police thug operation is handled quietly behind the scenes...very peculiar...Thailand is ripe for a movie: "Thai Godfather"...and let them bump each other off trying to get the leading role...wai2.gif

Try Google, the chap has a little history, UFC fighter, family history etc

You mean the suspect (Antonio)?

For the victim (Wayne Schneider) try "Wayne Schneider hells angel".

Quite sure its him. From NSW, 31 y in 2009, 34 y in 2012 (38 today due to the report, well possible).

He has an impressive history too (drugs charges, murder charges etc. pp.).

I guess the gentlemen have a little dispute to settle.

http://www.news.com.au/national/top-hells-angel-wayne-schneider-arrested-in-drug-probe/story-e6frfkp9-1225796863596

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/hells-angel-wayne-schneider-charged-with-obstructing-crime-commission-investigation/story-e6freuy9-1226461956853

Edited by KhunBENQ

I wonder what part of Australia Mr Antonio Bagnato comes from?

A Mr. "Antonia Bagnato" did MMA fights in New South Wales (from where the victim has his driving license from).

http://www.tapology.comwww.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/101838-antonio-bagnato

http://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/bouts/211637-urban-fight-night-3-alby-figueroa-vs-antonio-bagnato

Edited by KhunBENQ

Quite sure its him. From NSW, 31 y in 2009, 34 y in 2012 (38 today due to the report, well possible).

http://www.news.com.au/national/top-hells-angel-wayne-schneider-arrested-in-drug-probe/story-e6frfkp9-1225796863596

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/hells-angel-wayne-schneider-charged-with-obstructing-crime-commission-investigation/story-e6freuy9-1226461956853

Sure it is him. One more violent criminal removed from Pattaya.

No fire without a smoke, something nasty must have happened to warrant such action, and

usually, the people that gets kidnaped has are involved in some shady business as here in

Nasty is the operative term. It is all a matter of perception and shady business is never a prerequisite. Intent doesn't need to play into the equation either. If some local imagines, or is told by a fortune teller, that he or she has been slighted by a non-Thai nothing more is needed, apart from 5-10 against one odds.

Sure it is him. One more violent criminal removed from Pattaya.

Never know who we might encounter in Thailand. It`s become an international grazing ground for the world`s scumbags and a dangerous place.

So from the linked articles I see they are both members of Hells Angels.

They know how to deal with "internal affairs", no need for Thai police to investigate , and the guy is probably dead.

Edited by balo

Saw 4 foreign rockers/Hells Angels on their big bikes parked outside 7/11 in Non Din Dang Buriram province yesterday lunchtime. I wonder whether it could have been the attackers.

Whatever, the mere look of them, was enough for me to decide they were not folk to mess with!

Nasty is the operative term. It is all a matter of perception and shady business is never a prerequisite. Intent doesn't need to play into the equation either. If some local imagines, or is told by a fortune teller, that he or she has been slighted by a non-Thai nothing more is needed, apart from 5-10 against one odds.

" If some local imagines..."

Have you even bothered to read who the people involved are? Imagination and Magic Eight Balls seem to be fueling your narrative.