It's time for Thai TV series to help advance society

webfact

The first thing Thai Tv series need to do,is to stop treating

their viewers like children,and get rid of the bells,whistles,

and other stupid noises that prevail throughout ,but maybe

the producers know that Thai viewers are like children,and

the noises will stay .

regards worgeordie

The noises are like the canned laughter on 70s comedies in UK and US - they let the audience know a joke has been made and it is time to laugh. I believe some Western shows of that era even had placards held up to tell a studio audience to laugh at the right times. These programmes are aimed at the lowest common denominator, and maybe aren't funny enough to do without the audible audience cues.

I think more so in the 50s.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first thing Thai Tv series need to do,is to stop treating

their viewers like children,and get rid of the bells,whistles,

and other stupid noises that prevail throughout ,but maybe

the producers know that Thai viewers are like children,and

the noises will stay .

regards worgeordie

The noises are like the canned laughter on 70s comedies in UK and US - they let the audience know a joke has been made and it is time to laugh. I believe some Western shows of that era even had placards held up to tell a studio audience to laugh at the right times. These programmes are aimed at the lowest common denominator, and maybe aren't funny enough to do without the audible audience cues.

I think more so in the 50s.

maybe, I can only remember as far back as the 70s

This violence against woman on Thai TV has got to stop. All it does is tell male children that this is the way you should act when you are older against woman.

This is a sad commentary about the most important resource Thailand has . Woman should be held in very high regard and not something you throw away after you finish with them.

Thai men should learn to honor woman for the important role they play in nurturing and bringing up the next generation.

Not to do this only holds back inner potential in these children and all of Thai society

I believe Thai mothers ought not act like, and teach their children that males are god like creatures who can do no wrong.