Two Russian fugitives wanted by Interpol 'Red Notice' nabbed after two years hiding in Phuket, Krabi

rooster59

What's with the "undisclosed location?"

That's where it would be very embarrassing to someone on a high position to reveal the location - maybe one of the Ruskies is a BF of a daughter . . .

Just musin' . . . . . . . .

And i would like to know why it took 2 years to find them.... huh....... cheesy.gif

wai2.gif

Because they were overstaying and didnt do their 90 day reporting I presume

I thought, the first time I went to Phuket, many, many years ago that it was was a beautiful place. IMHO it has degraded at an unpresided scale, such to be named Phuketgrad. Its dirty, well overpriced, and the roads, driving etc by farangs who not only drive motorcycles without a helmet but without shits...they are the ones the Thais call "kathoe kwai"...what a great description. If IS, and the Motorcycle Gangs move in to join the Russian Mafia, then what a wonderful opportunity we have of being able to obliterate all of them , along with the pretenters,, who exist there.

Well done on the Thai police for arresting and recognising these two pieces of scum whilst they were blending in comfortably amongst the rest of the scum.

I don't know if people understand what "red notice" means? It means that these people (criminals) are highly dangerous individuals and that the police forces shouldn't hesitate to put them down if there is any motive to it. Russia lists about 120 people in the Interpol under "red notice". I wouldn't be surprised that most of them reside in Thailand.

You don't know what you are talking about. A red notice issuance means the wanting country (Interpol is incapable of issuing a warrant of arrest) has issued a warrant and will pursue extradition through diplomatic channels should an arrest be made. Typically they are high priority targets but not always wanted for violent crimes. A red notice could just as easily be issued for a financial crime or peadophila. Interpol serves as an intermediate messaging agent to assist foreign law enforcement with international communication and enforcement efforts. Your presumption that most of the alleged 120 red notice targets are living in Thailand is absolutely baseless and false. There a red notice targets scattered throughout the world.

Edited by csabo

Oh darn!, deported back to the land of Vodka! How bad is that?

They must have has a source of money to keep them in Thailand

so long, or friends back home who were able to supply them with

needed funds. Oh I noticed the map on the wall of the

Picture, Phuket the island, hey.

What the .... no police in the picture?! I've seen photo ops with 6 or more smiling broadly while standing behind a pickpocket.

Need to read the source article.

1449989071_5100_zpsjqfrqdej.jpg

These cops look like 'run of the mill' officers. Goodness me, where are the 3 Major Generals and 1 Lt General?. Must be camera shy!

I don't know if people understand what "red notice" means? It means that these people (criminals) are highly dangerous individuals and that the police forces shouldn't hesitate to put them down if there is any motive to it. Russia lists about 120 people in the Interpol under "red notice". I wouldn't be surprised that most of them reside in Thailand.

" I don't know if people understand what "red notice" means?" It doesn't say anything that these people are highly dangerous. It only shows that an arrest warrant was issued, Dr. Watson.

Red Notice

To seek the location and arrest of wanted persons with a view to extradition or similar lawful action.

In the case of Red Notices, the persons concerned are wanted by national jurisdictions for prosecution or to serve a sentence based on an arrest warrant or court decision. INTERPOL's role is to assist the national police forces in identifying and locating these persons with a view to their arrest and extradition or similar lawful action.

Yellow Notice

To help locate missing persons, often minors, or to help identify persons who are unable to identify themselves.

Blue Notice

To collect additional information about a person’s identity, location or activities in relation to a crime.

Black Notice

To seek information on unidentified bodies.

Green Notice

To provide warnings and intelligence about persons who have committed criminal offences and are likely to repeat

these crimes in other countries.

Orange Notice

To warn of an event, a person, an object or a process representing a serious and imminent threat to public safety.

Purple Notice

To seek or provide information on modus operandi, objects, devices and concealment methods used by criminals.

Source:

http://www.interpol.int/INTERPOL-expertise/Notices

An interesting website indeed. http://www.interpol.int/Maps

Very very interesting website references. Thanks for posting that. The MAPS one is cool. You can drill down and see all the notices for people. Lots of them in Thailand

I guess they didnt do their 90 day reporting

Such "quality Mafia tourists" do not need any sort of visa, nor a work permit for their Perestroika women, really liked by Thai men and Chinese guys and maybe some other guys.

I remember back in 2005, when Thai guys paid $ 100 for short time adventures with chicks that were flown in via the airport near Pattaya, called U-Tapao. And I'm not making this up.

Most of them didn’t even have a valid passport, but something men love to play with.

. Straight from Moscow and the Immigration acted like the three Chinese monkeys and got paid well to let them in. Nastrovje.- coffee1.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

Very very interesting website references. Thanks for posting that. The MAPS one is cool. You can drill down and see all the notices for people. Lots of them in Thailand

Yes gk10002000...a whole 1 for Thailand.....couldn't get many more than that huh..............coffee1.gif

or are you reading the map for the whole of SE Asia...??

PS & our neighbours.......Vietnam 185 Cambodia 43 Malaysia 19 Philippines 41

note to oneself ....lessons in map reading needed.......

" I don't know if people understand what "red notice" means?" It doesn't say anything that these people are highly dangerous. It only shows that an arrest warrant was issued, Dr. Watson.

Red Notice

To seek the location and arrest of wanted persons with a view to extradition or similar lawful action.

In the case of Red Notices, the persons concerned are wanted by national jurisdictions for prosecution or to serve a sentence based on an arrest warrant or court decision. INTERPOL's role is to assist the national police forces in identifying and locating these persons with a view to their arrest and extradition or similar lawful action.

Yellow Notice

To help locate missing persons, often minors, or to help identify persons who are unable to identify themselves.

Blue Notice

To collect additional information about a person’s identity, location or activities in relation to a crime.

Black Notice

To seek information on unidentified bodies.

Green Notice

To provide warnings and intelligence about persons who have committed criminal offences and are likely to repeat

these crimes in other countries.

Orange Notice

To warn of an event, a person, an object or a process representing a serious and imminent threat to public safety.

Purple Notice

To seek or provide information on modus operandi, objects, devices and concealment methods used by criminals.

Source:

http://www.interpol.int/INTERPOL-expertise/Notices

An interesting website indeed. http://www.interpol.int/Maps

Let's hope that we'll never be on their website. Neither as a missing person nor as a wanted criminal. A relative of mine is working for this "agency" and regarding her are quite a few very dangerous criminals living here, mostly "on new identities" which makes it difficult to track them down.

Thailand seems to be THE Paradise for all sorts of gangsters.

If you're clever, you can hide in Pattaya in a luxury villa for 30 years, without getting caught. But people make mistakes from time to time...facepalm.gif

There are four in my town without valid visas. Curious what money they are surviving on. Most of the 120 do likely reside in Thailand. There is another country i won,t mention where there seems to be the home of many foreign criminals. Hint: They consume large amounts of alcohol mostly beer. Can you guess where?

There are four in my town without valid visas. Curious what money they are surviving on. Most of the 120 do likely reside in Thailand. There is another country i won,t mention where there seems to be the home of many foreign criminals. Hint: They consume large amounts of alcohol mostly beer. Can you guess where?

Please be careful when you're dealing with Afghanistan veterans, holding a German passport. They shoot first and there's no more conversation afterwards.

Back in the old days it was quite easy to buy a document in Moscow for only 5 bucks showing that they had German ancestors.

A German camera team made a documentary how easy it was to get such a "green card" for Germany. Right after arriving in Germany with such a document, they’re integrated into German society, received a German passport, could change their name (very useful when others are looking for you) without any problems under the coat to make their Russian names more similar to a German name.

One of them, an ice-cold killer with the name Vladimir xxxxxtchof became “Valdemar Schmidt.” Of course did nobody look for such a name and it was pretty much similar to all the Cuban gangsters who’re seeking Asylum in the States.

Quite a lot Afghanistan vets went that way, became Germans, without the ability to speak the language. Germany spent millions trying to integrate them, just to find out that they're involved in almost all possible and very serious criminal activities. They finally "took over" the whole prostitution, weapon and drug business.

When German pimps were still doing business and they had an argument, a baseball bat usually solved most problems. But when they took over, there’s no more talking. Shooting first, period.

Only some Albanians were a sort of accepted, of course only under the rule of the sword. I’ve seen the interview with the last German pimp, who finally left the Reeperbahn in Hamburg because he feared of his life.

I’m sorry when I’m completely off topic now. My point being is that some of these gentlemen made it to Thailand and a huge part of the so called German mafia in Pattaya is basically Russian with German ID’s.

You can’t play games with them, some guys who’d killed hundreds in Afghanistan do not have a problem to do it again. Even the Italian Mafia seems to be a Kindergarten, compared to them.

Not so long ago Police were getting castigated for asking farang for their identification. If these grubs had been stopped sometime in their two years, they would'nt be able to hide here so safely. Surely its about time that all long term farang residents were asked the question ! Nothing to hide, so problems.

And i would like to know why it took 2 years to find them.... huh....... cheesy.gif

wai2.gif

So the police force in your country is just so much better at finding Illegal immigrants--than the Thai police ?

where is that exactly torpedo? I know it cant be the USA with its 7 Million + illegal immigrants.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_immigration_to_the_United_States

And the UK can hardly give a figure on illegals, because they have been there so long, that they have had children etc etc, so they just say with the children around 800K.

Maybe its Australia who had over 62K people decide not to return just in the last year**

But let us know what country so we can see what a top police force is like ( &roll around laughing also)

**The department says an estimated 62,100 people were unaccounted for in Australia during 2014,

which is roughly 1.2 per cent of the 5.5 million people who enter the country each year on temporary visas.

I can tell you for sure that "something" is being done to trace all illegal entries unlike Thailand where the top police all sit in their offices and then rush out for media pics etc when someone is found.