POTY Rundown -VOTE CLOSED!

canuckamuck

Poster of the Year prelimnary rundown.  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd vote but alas only two I can see on there that are deserving of being potted.

I could sing you a song to make it three.....giggle.gif ...............tongue.png

I'd love to see you sing when you win Transam. A POTY Winners Celebration song!

I have been fortunate; Someone sent me a video of you on stage singing. It was difficult to hear you at first, but once the crowd cleared the room, it was most interesting and enlightening

In the next round, do we have to appear in ball gowns and swimming costumes? Separately, or at the same time?

Edit: Sorry - forgot to add: Riga

Ah I'm glad you popped by as I wanted to ask....what's been your biggest contribution to world peace?

Word Association

I demand a newbie poster of the year poll. We feel left out. It's not fair play.

If you are actually a newbie, you may not be familiar with the prevalence of reincarnation on this forum. Life simply isn't fair.

Don't believe in reincarnation. Do you? I'd hate to come back as a goldfish or some such thing.

If there was a way to monitor it, I would stop anyone with less than 100 posts from voting. Keep out the apparent "newbie" accounts that always seem to appear and inflate votes.

The way some of em post you best make it 500....you could move it to Bedlam lol.

I don't know about the rest of you but I will be happy to see this POTY rundown fade from memory. This kind of thing seems to bring out the worst in people. Hopefully the next phase won't be any worse than this one.

It's been far milder than last year.

Last years lead up final voting phase was x10 worse than this.

Frankly, I'd rate this an extended lunch time tea party with an occasional guest who has drunk too much sherry

I don't know about the rest of you but I will be happy to see this POTY rundown fade from memory. This kind of thing seems to bring out the worst in people. Hopefully the next phase won't be any worse than this one.

Frankly, I'd rate this an extended lunch time tea party with an occasional guest who has drunk too much sherry

That doesn't speak well for us as a group, now does it.

Fink group huggs and a song from me...Can I, can I....?........giggle.gif

Your attitude is clearly more popular than mine and I am okay with that. I doubt any of us have plans to change our behavior to appease anyone else. I tend to view this as a study in human nature.

Edited by villagefarang

Speaks fine for me VF. I can't speak for you though.

I don't get why many here are having a whinge about Jingthing's management. You know what you are going to get with him posting wise and he stays his course. So why complain? There is always the ignore button for the precious.

JT made it abundantly clear that anyone else was welcome to it. Smokie gave his experienced and helpful advice, sipi and canuckamuck did their part, but I haven't seen anyone else put their hand up at the many opportunities and offer to run the show, whatever way they wanted.

I don't begrudge anyone's right to snipe and whinge and complain on an open forum, but hey, anyone else here could have stepped in and run things their own way.

How about one of those leader board thingies again, showing the current MERGED to 20 as we approach the deadline, tomorrow night?

NancyL is in the lead.

I got that far.

Who's on the edge of staying or going?

Drum roll ...

Only on Thai Visa could such a simple thing as letting people vote for a 'poster of the year' manage to generate 18 pages of debate and arguement about how it should be run....

Prove it.

Don't need to - I'll let the number of likes speak for itself.

Which incidentally would seem to be a far easier and more reflective way of deciding the POTY - simply look at the number of likes\popular posts achieved and registered against member names over the year and announce it....

Edited by Shadychris

The thread seemed to turn a shade of beige yesterday, which is a change from black and blue.

Hard to explain. Like the merry-go-round kept going but the lights went out.

Edited by sipi

The thread seemed to turn a shade of beige yesterday, which is a change from black and blue.

Hard to explain. Like the merry-go-round kept going but the lights went out.

Music is good at my place matey...........giggle.gif

No more Abba, Bee Gees or Beach Boys Trans, please..

How about one of those leader board thingies again, showing the current MERGED to 20 as we approach the deadline, tomorrow night?

NancyL is in the lead.

I got that far.

Drum roll ...

Only on Thai Visa could such a simple thing as letting people vote for a 'poster of the year' manage to generate 18 pages of debate and arguement about how it should be run....

Prove it.

Which incidentally would seem to be a far easier and more reflective way of deciding the POTY - simply look at the number of likes\popular posts achieved and registered against member names over the year and announce it....

If you can be bothered to do the maths, go for it. I reckon dividing likes by posts for each poster is fairest.

NancyL is in the lead.

I got that far.

Drum roll ...

Prove it.

Which incidentally would seem to be a far easier and more reflective way of deciding the POTY - simply count up the number of likes\popular posts achieved over the year and announce it....

Likes don't reveal all mon ami.......If I were a YES man perhaps l would have many, but l ain't....I speak true from my perspective/ideas..If I upset folk then l take note and think....Because we can all sit back and learn.....I have learned a lot on TVF....sat back many times......BUT, I hate Punk music.........laugh.png

You don't have to pander to anyone to get likes. I'm proof of that.

Speaks fine for me VF. I can't speak for you though.

I don't get why many here are having a whinge about Jingthing's management. You know what you are going to get with him posting wise and he stays his course. So why complain? There is always the ignore button for the precious.

JT made it abundantly clear that anyone else was welcome to it. Smokie gave his experienced and helpful advice, sipi and canuckamuck did their part, but I haven't seen anyone else put their hand up at the many opportunities and offer to run the show, whatever way they wanted.

I don't begrudge anyone's right to snipe and whinge and complain on an open forum, but hey, anyone else here could have stepped in and run things their own way.

I agree with your comments about JT. People love to attack him but they aren’t willing to actually do anything other than snipe. I am not as fond of sniping, whinging and complaints as many posters I guess. I disagree with the notion that it is somehow cathartic and think it instead breeds further negativity and reinforces those behavioral connections in the brain.
I figure you take each post on its own merits and leave personal animosities out of it. There are many posters on here who can be extremely obnoxious in one post and then turn around and say something insightful. I try to ‘like’ what I agree with regardless of who it comes from and not hold the off-color stuff against them.

NancyL is in the lead.

I got that far.

Drum roll ...

Prove it.

In other words just give the award to Ron19 as he has the most LIKES I believe. Who cares if he only posts pictures, likes are likes, right?

Prove it.

In other words just give the award to Ron19 as he has the most LIKES I believe. Who cares if he only posts pictures, likes are likes, right?

I presume he's a mainstay of the photo forum? Internet amateur photographer etiquette tends to lead to automatic praise of any image in my experience.

For the Grand Final, I hope the supporters of each candidate should be required to post a link to an example post to show why they think their candidate should be Poster Of The Year. And also photos in swimwear and an evening gown, of course. And they should be required to stop singing, as well.

And also comply with two other unwritten rules, that will be randomly and arbitrarily applied by JT, as tournament referee.

I'm chortling in glee and anticipation, and rubbing my hands to boot, so I am

SC