are you not tired of this issan crap music on teprasit road?

VIPinthailand

Only stupid people who bought a condo on theprasit side at view talay 1 or 2 can hear it I guess ? Anyway who is stupid enough to buy a condo that has a building in front, espcially when the other side of the condo is clear with sea view ?

And maybe only people at lower floors ca hear it, same problem, in my opinion nobody with a brain buys a condo at lower floor in Thailand...

But the winners will be Supalai Mare condo owners, the music will be at their feet and even at higher floors they might sleep with it ! Enjoy your life <3

poor people at view talay 1 and 2.i feel your pain...

I find that noise travels further the higher up you are. Back in Europe we lived at the top of a hill and in the summer I could hear fun-fairs and suchlike taking place in villages nearly 10km away.

The same applies here: I can hear the motor noise from the jetski and motorboat events when they have them on Jomtien beach, and these take place a very long way away from me.

I dont hear this particular noise though.

The problem all us stupid people who live in VT 2A is that the stage (or whatever) is set up at the back of the compound with speakers facing the street. It works like a bullhorn and blasts all us stupid people right up to the high floors where I stupidly rented my condo. We should have known that there might be some bar who'd blast our ears off way before we got here. Why wasn't I warned before I moved here? I just feel so stupid.

For those of you who are sarcasm impaired, this is "mostly" that.

The problem all us stupid people who live in VT 2A is that the stage (or whatever) is set up at the back of the compound with speakers facing the street. It works like a bullhorn and blasts all us stupid people right up to the high floors where I stupidly rented my condo.

The idea of pointing the speakers outwards instead of inwards seems to be a Thai speciality. Look at the Pine in Jomtien Complex or indeed any of the loudspeaker parties that take place irregularly at bars in and around the Jomtien Complex area: the speakers always point away from the venue, presumably so as to provide a maximum of annoyance to everyone except those in the venue.

The problem all us stupid people who live in VT 2A is that the stage (or whatever) is set up at the back of the compound with speakers facing the street. It works like a bullhorn and blasts all us stupid people right up to the high floors where I stupidly rented my condo. We should have known that there might be some bar who'd blast our ears off way before we got here. Why wasn't I warned before I moved here? I just feel so stupid.

For those of you who are sarcasm impaired, this is "mostly" that.

did you look around you before signing the lease? you were aware of where it is right?

Noise is bad in Pattaya and getting worse, there is a private taxi driver outside my condo who feels the need to open all his doors and turn on his master blaster stereo when he does not have a customer, guy does not even live in the condo

One day I might go "postal" on him, or a tin of paint over his car and you will read about it on TV

Yes i have asked him politely, he just ignores me

I have never met a nation more oblivious to loud noise around them.

When you try to point it out they look at you as if you come from Mars.

Peace and quiet is not a phrase they are familiar with. It also goes with what they call "tourist attractions". Jet Skis, speed boats, motor bikes, National parks with mega food courts and blaring music. Out in the villages they all have P.A. systems that can waken the dead, then a local monk or head man waffles on and on at a level well above what is classified as comfortable. I have passed schools with P.A. systems that must be wrecking the kids hearing with some mad screaming woman again endlessly waffling with not one kid paying the blindest bit of attention.

Brainless promotion tarts in shipping malls bawling into a mic about some cream that makes your armpits white, usually dressed in clothes that would barely fit an 8 year old.

They would make less noise if they were set on fire for crying out loud.

As for the noise on Theprasit, I have friends in VT2 and they are demented with it. What to do.....sadly the best you can do is move... to Mongolia or Antartica if you want silence.

Start calling the police.......all of us should do it......now the law stipulates that anybody who blares music in public places will be fined 2000 bhat. Call, call, and call again until they do something and start fining them. Noise pollution has gotten way out of hand in Jomtien-Pattaya and something needs to be done about it.

Congrats to those smart folks who buy a condo that is future save from awful noise wink.png

To be save from noise you need a free standing house on a plot of about a square mile (better two) tongue.png

When those silly horns blow in the village you will still hear them a mile out in the paddy fields.

As for the noise on Theprasit, I have friends in VT2 and they are demented with it. What to do.....sadly the best you can do is move... to Mongolia or Antartica if you want silence.

You should advise them to call 1337 and eventually 1111 if the former doesnt help.

They should be polite and should provide as much info as possible about the exact location and name of the place causing the noise.

If enough people complain something may be done. The main problem I see is that many people moan but few if any actually complain and so there is no chance of anything being done.

Only stupid people who bought a condo on theprasit side at view talay 1 or 2 can hear it I guess ? Anyway who is stupid enough to buy a condo that has a building in front, espcially when the other side of the condo is clear with sea view ?

And maybe only people at lower floors ca hear it, same problem, in my opinion nobody with a brain buys a condo at lower floor in Thailand...

But the winners will be Supalai Mare condo owners, the music will be at their feet and even at higher floors they might sleep with it ! Enjoy your life <3

Noise travels upwards, that is to say it is a lot more audible at higher levels. I can assure you ocean front condos "feel the pain" as well.

poor people at view talay 1 and 2.i feel your pain...

Congrats to those smart folks who buy a condo that is future save from awful noise wink.png

To be save from noise you need a free standing house on a plot of about a square mile (better two) tongue.png

When those silly horns blow in the village you will still hear them a mile out in the paddy fields.

My Loei trip was very peaceful and quiet.

I have never met a nation more oblivious to loud noise around them.

When you try to point it out they look at you as if you come from Mars.

Peace and quiet is not a phrase they are familiar with. It also goes with what they call "tourist attractions". Jet Skis, speed boats, motor bikes, National parks with mega food courts and blaring music. Out in the villages they all have P.A. systems that can waken the dead, then a local monk or head man waffles on and on at a level well above what is classified as comfortable. I have passed schools with P.A. systems that must be wrecking the kids hearing with some mad screaming woman again endlessly waffling with not one kid paying the blindest bit of attention.

Brainless promotion tarts in shipping malls bawling into a mic about some cream that makes your armpits white, usually dressed in clothes that would barely fit an 8 year old.

They would make less noise if they were set on fire for crying out loud.

Thai's like noise as it keeps the ghosts away...really. I know a Thai professional woman and she sleeps with the lights on in her bedroom to keep ghosts out at nite.

Good lord, why does the forum software allow photos so large that I have to scroll three screen-widths to read each post in the thread? Any chance a mod can shrink the .jpg size in the above post?

Fortunately that kind of noise is not a daily event just for wedding ceremonies, temple festivals and funerals.

But I am quite certain that the days around New Year there will be "wedding season" again.

People come back from Bangkok or wherever on a short holiday and those in need tongue.png use it for this event.

"Wedding": not the legal thing, just the "Buddhist"/shaman procedure.

Fortunately that kind of noise is not a daily event just for wedding ceremonies, temple festivals and funerals.

But I am quite certain that the days around New Year there will be "wedding season" again.

People come back from Bangkok or wherever on a short holiday and those in need tongue.png use it for this event.

"Wedding": not the legal thing, just the "Buddhist"/shaman procedure.

In East Pattaya , I hear it at 06:30 in the morning when I'm walking my dog! I just keep the house closed up and air conditioned and can't hear it. Very sorry for the people that don't use AC, it must bug the crap out of them!

You guys can't be all wrong ?

I own several condo at different places and none has any noise around, high floor of course...

Excellent to see this, at least they are making an effort and showing they are aware of the problem, need to stop these advertising cars, so many of them these day

I was surprised one morning to not hear any boombox cars/trucks on Jomtien Beach.

I think these photos explain everything possibly.

12371123_754714441327286_512551739398355

12377616_754714557993941_251765990574860

• 1 year later...

Archived