British tourist vanishes in Thailand after telling parents a 'man would not let him leave'

webfact

Posted on Facebook ... originating from a conversation with his sister Emily....

During my conversation with Emily

Hi areeya. Yeah it's my brother. Been missing for 4 days. I've had contact yesterday and he said he was in trouble. Thank you for the number.

I'll pass this on to my mum

He's not safe.

He was in krabi at a hostel on Friday with a group of other backpackers he's been with for a while. They've told us he met a man at a laundrette who offered to take him to the phi phi islands for free on his boat. His friends stayed behind to wait for a message from him for accommodation.

The evening later my mum had a message on Facebook from him. She said it didn't make sense but basically he said he wasn't coming home as his past had caught up on him. She asked him to call. A few hours later he called off of another phone and was crying. He said he couldn't leave because the man wouldn't let him go. He said everyone around him was scared of this man. We tracked down the owner of the restaurant and the persons phone he borrowed at the restaurant that he made the call. They both said Jordan had no belongings or shoes and was running through the restaurant asking for help and a phone. This was the last we heard from Jordan for 2 days.

My mum then contacted police and posted messages on Facebook to try and get help.

He then posted a message on Facebook saying he was ok. But messaged my mum saying it's all to big and the police can't help. Don't call the police.

I managed to call him and he told me my family are not safe if he comes home. That he couldn't tell us why. He said he had left the island but wouldn't give anymore details.

The other backpackers haven't seen him since the hostel.

Our embassy said we can't do anything if we come to Thailand

No more then what the police are doing

We are trying to track down the owner of the laundrette. The tourist police are speaking to locals to the laundrette

My dad is heading to Thailand.

I've contacted British news stations but it's not helped yet.

what a drama queen

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted on Facebook ... originating from a conversation with his sister Emily....

Hi areeya. Yeah it's my brother. Been missing for 4 days. I've had contact yesterday and he said he was in trouble. Thank you for the number.

He's not safe.

He was in krabi at a hostel on Friday with a group of other backpackers he's been with for a while. They've told us he met a man at a laundrette who offered to take him to the phi phi islands for free on his boat. His friends stayed behind to wait for a message from him for accommodation.

The evening later my mum had a message on Facebook from him. She said it didn't make sense but basically he said he wasn't coming home as his past had caught up on him. She asked him to call. A few hours later he called off of another phone and was crying. He said he couldn't leave because the man wouldn't let him go. He said everyone around him was scared of this man. We tracked down the owner of the restaurant and the persons phone he borrowed at the restaurant that he made the call. They both said Jordan had no belongings or shoes and was running through the restaurant asking for help and a phone. This was the last we heard from Jordan for 2 days.

My mum then contacted police and posted messages on Facebook to try and get help.

He then posted a message on Facebook saying he was ok. But messaged my mum saying it's all to big and the police can't help. Don't call the police.

I managed to call him and he told me my family are not safe if he comes home. That he couldn't tell us why. He said he had left the island but wouldn't give anymore details.

We are trying to track down the owner of the laundrette. The tourist police are speaking to locals to the laundrette

what a drama queen

Maybe she's on drugs

These type of news stories are a godsend to owners of websites- a few details suggesting possible foul play and deceit and the TV sleuths are off faster than a bowl of potato salad with some raw tuna and an egg on top left in direct sunlight on a hot April day on Sukhumvit road.

Advertisers please note, over 16,000 views in just over 8 hours!!

He's not safe.

I wish you luck and that everything turns out OK

A British backpacker who went missing for almost a week in Thailand has been found strolling on a beach, police say.

Jordan Jacobs, from Lyneham, Wiltshire, had been last seen at a restaurant on the island of Ko Phi Phi Don on Saturday.

His family, who had reported him missing to the Foreign Office, were increasingly concerned for his welfare.

Thai police told the BBC Mr Jacobs, 21, was found on the beach in the resort town of Krabi.

Wiltshire Police has also said he had contacted his family to tell him he was fine.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-wiltshire-35119215

Well, that wraps that up then.

Lets hope he apologises for all the nonsense he's caused.

Well - he may take some convincing he's caused any. There's a good chance he can't remember it at all.

BBC report he's been found

Was he ever physically lost?

The report was shy on details, just that the police found him walking on a beach in souther Thailand

The inference was physical or mentally lost

Latest update from Jonathon Head, BBC, says he was found walking on a beach on Phi Phi totally oblivious to all the media attention. When told by police that maybe he should call his parents, his response was "why"? He reckons he wanted to stay on for a few more days... make of that what you wlll

Scam. Sorry to be controversial, but this has happened just as he is meant to come home. He'll be asking for money next...

So, you would be ready to sacrifice him to money and let him die?

How on Earth did you make that idiotic leap in thinking?!

Scam. Sorry to be controversial, but this has happened just as he is meant to come home. He'll be asking for money next...

So, you would be ready to sacrifice him to money and let him die?

Errrm, yes. It is morally wrong to give a plonker an even break.

With a beard like that maybe someone thought he was a Muslim extremist.

5555! Possible down Krabi/Koh Lanta way. Yeah, the beard became cool in the west all of a sudden. After many big shot actors starting doing it the rest of the sheeple followed soon enough.

Let's hope this guy is just having a good laugh on mushies down on Phi Phi

And a beating by his family for this stunt.

And this beating should be carried out by the whole family at the same time or one by one? 5555

Beating or hitting kids has never helped anyone. It actually has the opposite effect. Just like other harsh punishments.

Just look at the USA and what harsh punishments has done for them. Probably one of the highest crime rates in the world.

Holland on the other hand has one of the most lenient punishment systems in the world and the only crime they have really is the theft of bicycles wink.png

With a beard like that maybe someone thought he was a Muslim extremist.

5555! Possible down Krabi/Koh Lanta way. Yeah, the beard became cool in the west all of a sudden. After many big shot actors starting doing it the rest of the sheeple followed soon enough.

Let's hope this guy is just having a good laugh on mushies down on Phi Phi

And a beating by his family for this stunt.

And this beating should be carried out by the whole family at the same time or one by one? 5555

Beating or hitting kids has never helped anyone. It actually has the opposite effect. Just like other harsh punishments.

Just look at the USA and what harsh punishments has done for them. Probably one of the highest crime rates in the world.

Holland on the other hand has one of the most lenient punishment systems in the world and the only crime they have really is the theft of bicycles wink.png

I have read this liberal crap as well. Thailand's parents go ultra soft on their children, especially on the boy's and yet they have a very high crime rate, double the gun crime rate of the USA as i read recently. Holland has a low crime rate because of its basic social values and the general high education of its citizens, fewer red necks and less underprivileged blacks, a respect for law and order.