Looking for comfy van to Pai

Ivancho

Hi Folks,

My wife and I will be in Chiang Mai early January for our first look at the city.

On our Must-Do list is a brief stay in Pai. Could anyone recommend a reliable driver with a decent van we could hire?

I looked at flights but they were all sold out.

Your local expertise would be highly appreciated.

Cheers

The Green bus from Arcade bus station .They have a web site.The road to PIE currently has many road works ,so you will need a safe means of transport .The green bus company are well regarded.

Edited by anto

Thanks for the advice.

I've looked at their website but I don't see Pai listed...? Could it be a stop on the way to another destination?

It could be a stop on the way to mae hong son ,but maybe i got it wrong and they dont go there ?

I was not impressed by Pai, visiting there in december. But still fun to stay for a few days. There are only a few streets and it is about the same as the CM night market, sale booths and crowded. A nice waterfall one side of the village and a hot spring for cooking eggs and with not so clean hot baths on the other outside of the village. We used a small motor bike to get around and stayed at "Pai Village Boutique Resort & Farm"

Best to go by bus or private car/van.

Mai Hong Son is more quiet but will cost you a complete day to get there and 1 day to go back to CM again. Taking a minivan in the evening must give you a real thrill. "Gims Resort" was a nice place to stay there. But nothing to do on walking distance.

I'm beginning to rethink my plan. We were originally thinking of going one morning and returning the next afternoon but I'm having second thoughts. The road seems pretty but my wife will not appreciate all the curves and bumps. Seems like a lot of trouble for just a short time in Pai itself.

It might be better to find a closer destination for a one-night trip out of CM. Suggestions?

First time I was in CM I did 2 one day trips. You can book them at any local travel agency.

A trip to Doi inthanon

rafting. In december/ januari the rivers are very calm is it it just a nice sight seeing tour. but on a bamboo raft so you will get wet. Swim suit recommended.

The trips included some viewpoint stops and lunch.

Visit the Mae Ngat Dam & Reservoir

Not on many touristic lists the, Grand canyon near Hang Dong. A viewpoint stop place only.

Trips that include a night are rare. They have trekkings but that is probably not what you are looking for.