Loving Pattaya

eddybangkok

My base is Bangkok and usually the longest i have ever spent in pattaya was two days been here now for 3 days loving it.Back to Bangkok Monday.Not to busy here i went to ko larn yesterday stayed the night came back today what a nightmare thought the boat was going turn over at any moment.Choppy waves and the boat was way over croaded freaked me out i am not the best swimmer is it usually that bad? Off to soi 6 now for a gander

You should be scared about the boat, put on a life jacket, the news reported a tragic and fatal boat accident in the last couple of years.

More than "a tragic and fatal boat accident" more like "tragic and fatal boat accidents". You must have missed a few of the reports. Life jackets for sure.

Just try living here for an extended period of time and the shine quickly comes off the apple...?

When I first arrived the motto of the town was "The Town That Never Sleeps!" I've changed it to "The Town Where Everyone Thinks They Are More Important Than They Actually Are!"

And do not forget...."Alcohol gives you infinite patience for stupidity". I see it on a daily basis, sorry to say. ????

Say hello to Noi for me please plus also the lovely Nok, and cant forget the lovely and cute Noina (Lovely lower taste of salted fish) from Jomtien massage - With much love from "Farang ATM"

They will need more than that description to correctly identify you - you could be any one of hundreds.

Do you have genital warts, or other distinguishing features that might help the identification process.

Just try living here for an extended period of time and the shine quickly comes off the apple...?

When I first arrived the motto of the town was "The Town That Never Sleeps!" I've changed it to "The Town Where Everyone Thinks They Are More Important Than They Actually Are!"

And do not forget...."Alcohol gives you infinite patience for stupidity". I see it on a daily basis, sorry to say. ????

Yes you get those ugly, shirtless, ignorant Farang drunks, but don't blame Pattaya for that, if it was not a holiday town,

that would not be happening, there are a lot more positive things about the place.

I live near Mahasarkham, but we just spent 3 days at Jomtien. I always enjoy Jomtien/Pattaya, plenty usually happening. The water even seemed fairly clean and I enjoyed a few long swims. Hired a jet ski for 600 Baht for 30 minutes and scared a few Thai people. Plenty of tourists in central Jomtien, but it was quiet further down the main drag. Accommodation and food cheap and plentiful. I always love the authentic pancakes at the market at the top of Soi 4 next to the main road. Bar/massage girls same as always.

Say hello to Noi for me please plus also the lovely Nok, and cant forget the lovely and cute Noina (Lovely lower taste of salted fish) from Jomtien massage - With much love from "Farang ATM"

They will need more than that description to correctly identify you - you could be any one of hundreds.

Do you have genital warts, or other distinguishing features that might help the identification process.

This is getting to be too much informationlaugh.png

Maybe you are just meeting the wrong people...

I have been living in Jomtien since 2004. I really enjoy it here. Lots of ex-pats, good restaurants, decent bars, less traffic, cheaper prices and good shopping at various markets. It is far more peaceful here than in Pattaya. When I want excitement and insanity, I am only 15 minutes away from Pattaya. For me it is the best of two worlds.

I spend most of my days in Jomtien and South Pattaya, and when I want to go out till the next morning I go to North Pattaya.

Nothing in central Pattaya that really attracts me.

Anyhow way to busy atm, just went to McDonalds drive-in passed Bangkok Pattaya hospital and an awful lot of vehicles on the road for a late monday morning, I even saw some stuck traffic all the way down near Seaworld/Floating market. Did all these tourists buy a car for their loved one or what?

Well I too think it is a good place to live, plenty of places just out of town where, if necessary you can be away from the madness, but living central appeals to many too. Never short of a place for a cold one, to watch a match or have a good meal. The driving is a hassle, but that is tourists, be it visiting Bangkokians driving aggressively, or the dreaded large coaches or hurtling minibus. When you see some driving poor manners, check the plates.