Two new year U-turns .............

prk888

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the chance just to observe for one hour.

Well done.

Can i ask you,

Do you like Trains ?

Do you have friends who like Trains as well. giggle.gif

do you like Leo ? Are you ever sober?

Back to topic ...................

Or roundabouts!!!

That was my joke. smile.png, wai2.gif

I wasn't joking! Even with the Thai's lack of knowledge about using them at least they don't put virtually stationary vehicles in the fast lane like u-turns do.

going south the yellow 'no entry' U-turn sign is now revealed as a blue "ok to enter" sign

It's not OK and concrete barriers are still there as one unfortunate Fortuner driver found out yesterday !

yup and as expected ................ going north the yellow 'no entry' U-turn sign is now also revealed as a blue "ok to enter" sign

It's not OK and concrete barriers are still there

Watch this space ...............

progress or pragmatism ?

Just noticed that motorcyles are now using the old U-turn going over kerbs and making a track across the weed-filled infill. This 'solution' took far longer than i would have expected.

Maybe this is an acceptable & pragmatic solution for many locals produced out of necessity ?

other vehicles can use the sets of lights at either end of this race-track hopefully so the new deadly U-turns never have to be used

watch this space ............

progress or pragmatism ?

Just noticed that motorcyles are now using the old U-turn going over kerbs and making a track across the weed-filled infill. This 'solution' took far longer than i would have expected.

Maybe this is an acceptable & pragmatic solution for many locals produced out of necessity ?

other vehicles can use the sets of lights at either end of this race-track hopefully so the new deadly U-turns never have to be used

But of course only the first 2 bikes made it to the other side, before some policemen caught the following offenders, since the traffic crackdown has started.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/895303-traffic-crackdown-in-pattaya-begins/

Traffic Crackdown in Pattaya begins

progress or pragmatism ?

Yeah. Almost whacked one the other day. Came right out onto the fast lane without looking. Jerks.

I assume that will be after Songkran - hopefully if common sense were to rule. But if common sense prevailed they should never be opened.

On the other hand there never were any cracks in the runways at Swampy airport were there?

Got a question.

So why is this U-turn so different to all the other U-turns

all the way to say Sattahip ?

or Laem Chabang ?

apart from proximity to Makro,

a very slow day indeed ...................

You reply to so many posts every day but do you ever read them first?

It might help answer your own question

Got a question.

So why is this U-turn so different to all the other U-turns

all the way to say Sattahip ?

or Laem Chabang ?

apart from proximity to Makro,

a very slow day indeed ...................

You reply to so many posts every day but do you ever read them first?

It might help answer your own question

That's funny .

I did offer two solutions to the problem, but both were pissed on.

Edited by Rimmer
baiting

just in case you choose not to read the posts onemorechang as my neighbour just said if you used these U-turns you might well disappear up your own a..hole !

And THAT is the difference ................... assuming of course that the fast lane and very fast outside lane lunatics don't get you first

I suppose these U turns are "different" in that they seem to have been poorly located ( too short distance to get over 3 lanes to Macro )

poorly laid out ( bad view of on coming traffic and slip lane too narrow also too narrow for trucks and tour busses not that it will stop them trying to use them )

poorly sign posted... opened for 3 days then closed while leaving the u turn signs up causing confusion and danger

then there was the complaint sign that caused some action to occur ( see shaming them into action can work )

and then another sign asking when can Pattaya residents use the U turns and again deputy mayor springs to action saying open by mid April...................

I suppose these U turns are "different" in that they seem to have been poorly located ( too short distance to get over 3 lanes to Macro )

poorly laid out ( bad view of on coming traffic and slip lane too narrow also too narrow for trucks and tour busses not that it will stop them trying to use them )

poorly sign posted... opened for 3 days then closed while leaving the u turn signs up causing confusion and danger

then there was the complaint sign that caused some action to occur ( see shaming them into action can work )

and then another sign asking when can Pattaya residents use the U turns and again deputy mayor springs to action saying open by mid April...................

Yes its proximity to Macro. wai2.gif

yes you did miss them. refer #68 and latterly #128

May I suggest you stop reading the busted record then ................ ahh but then you dont read them do you? viz: there are actually 2 U-turns !

I reckon that the more TV guys that do read this thread the more people will become aware of the associated dangers and who knows, a life may be saved once they are opened

You just don't get it, do you

Does not matter how many U turns there are, they are still

U turns in the middle of the highway, same as them all.

Big or small, it does not matter.

What ever is done at this junction, Thai drivers will still try and get

round 2-3 abreast or more , they will still create a tail back 2-3 lanes wide in

the road and motor cycles even more so.

You need to change the attitude to driving in Thailand.

Not the roads.

Stupid is stupid does. coffee1.gif

i am intrigued onemorechang to see that you have posted at least 24 posts to this thread (out of nearly 150 with over 5,000 views) but have not in my opinion actually contributed anything of value to the serious matter in hand. Of course that is your right

Looking at your posts again I now believe you have no idea where these U-turns are located, have never seen them and do not even know where Macro (sic) is.

Do you actually drive? I suspect not and maybe that is the reason you have so much time to make so many posts on so many topics, most of which in my view are simply fatuous.

As the OP i certainly would appreciate not having to wade through your rubbish and allow this debate to continue sensibly over time.

Could you oblige?

i am intrigued onemorechang to see that you have posted at least 24 posts to this thread (out of nearly 150 with over 5,000 views) but have not in my opinion actually contributed anything of value to the serious matter in hand. Of course that is your right

Looking at your posts again I now believe you have no idea where these U-turns are located, have never seen them and do not even know where Macro (sic) is.

Do you actually drive? I suspect not and maybe that is the reason you have so much time to make so many posts on so many topics, most of which in my view are simply fatuous.

As the OP i certainly would appreciate not having to wade through your rubbish and allow this debate to continue sensibly over time.

Could you oblige?

That above makes you look a real cool dude. gigglem.gif

Some times you have to let go.

Relax, take a chill pill .wai2.gif

post-188880-0-02138900-1456532298_thumb.

Edited by onemorechang

... What ever is done at this junction, Thai drivers will still try and get

round 2-3 abreast or more , they will still create a tail back 2-3 lanes wide in

the road and motor cycles even more so. ...

Earlier in this thread, I mentioned how the traffic cops on Khon Kaen have managed the many u-turns on the much wider, faster and busier "racetrack" that makes up the Mitraparp Highway 2 headed north. They installed cameras, signage and enforce an 80 kph speed limit. They obviously still had an issue during rush hour with vehicles cutting in at the front and making two, sometimes three lines of u-turning traffic. They have now made that impossible by installing those vertical, orange plastic poles with reflective bands between 100 m and 50 m from the actual u-turn, separating off a single u-turning lane in what was the 'fast' lane. Then from 50 meters and all the way to the middle of the u-turn, the plastic poles are replaced by those solid, orange plastic, water-filled barriers. These form a lazy 's' shape through the intersection and extend 50 meters up the opposite turning lane before changing to 50 meters of plastic poles. This means that anyone not getting inside the poles for the u-turn cannot possibly cut in at the u-turn and quite effectively moves the 'fast lane' over by one lane.. Some traffic cop in KK obviously has the smarts.

post-35874-0-90348000-1456553000_thumb.j

what an interesting report and possible solution

And as NanLaew says someone in authority with understanding, awareness, creativity and good common sense.

Would be great if a Thai TV member could translate this and get it to City Hall ....................... or maybe even a new sign(s) and I'd definitely contribute to that sign(s)

Thanks

now re-read this post #147 several times and in this U-turn predicament it surely would work

How to get this investigated by City Hall and possibly implemented is now the question

Any suggestions welcome

now re-read this post #147 several times and in this U-turn predicament it surely would work

How to get this investigated by City Hall and possibly implemented is now the question

Any suggestions welcome

If you do a street view in Google earth, you will see the u-turns as they used to be last year. Pick the right one and it also will show a double-turner. Guess what?.. it's a bloody Fortuner! Now post a thread in the Isaan forum asking a good member in KK to take a picture of the u-turns now. I won't be back up that way for a few weeks (I hope).