90 Day Reporting - Comments and Experiences 2016

Tywais

Mailed out my 90-day report on Wednesday morning (Jan 27)

Received my new 90-day slip on Saturday (Jan 30). For the first time, it also concluded a blank TM47 form for my next report and a reminder of what documents to include (the usual). What more could you ask for?!

That is indeed a significant step in the right direction: hopefully the next step would be to post this information to those who believe it is necessary to attend at Promenada when the crow is still deep asleep.

And hopefully TV will allow those of us who have other priorities in a life a little more time to edit posts. My meaning [if not obvious] is that Immigration should make this information available and prominently display it at their offices; In languages that reflect at least the majority of their 'customers'.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Failed with online for er indoors-again! Although we did do a change of address in the interim so maybe cocked the system.

Mailed in Monday afternoon, signed for at airport imm Tuesday afternoon, now wait and see. 1508624.GIF

EMS tracking shows it is on the way back! 1508560.GIF

When you return to Thailand from overseas, a TM 30 must be completed and submitted within 24hours

If you stay / rent a Condo, the Condo management should complete, you need to ask for a copy

If you own a house the owner / housemaster completes the TM30

You only need to complete and submit aTM28 if you move to a new address

The TM28 and TM30 are old requirements which have not been enforced by IMM, the word on the street is IMM are now looking to enforce the law

Like you I have lived in Thailand a long time and never submitted these forms

That said, a couple of weeks ago I completed my TM30 and submitted it at IMM Prom, there was no issues and NO FINES

You can be fined 2000B for not submitting the form

Knowing this is a legal requirement, you run the risk of being picked up on a 90 day report or visa extension

That's why I did it

When you return to Thailand from overseas, a TM 30 must be completed and submitted within 24hours

If you stay / rent a Condo, the Condo management should complete, you need to ask for a copy

If you own a house the owner / housemaster completes the TM30

You only need to complete and submit aTM28 if you move to a new address

There seems to be a lot of confusion,amongst Immigration staff, over this TM 30,amongst other things

I was told at Promenda,when they sighted my yellow book ,no need for TM 30 you are in the "system" even I left the kingdom temporarily.

My wife owns the house, naturally, but I have 30 yr lease and my name is on the chanote.

If anyone has been fined, or reprimanded for not submitting a TM 30 ,it would be nice to hear first hand.

Its a continuing journey of confusion .Onty in late December I was told at airport immigration, by our friend in glasses, that never again could I mail in my 90 day report and now ,thankfully, they have

apparently had a change of heart.

Friends who have recently done extensions and 90 day reporting the TM 30 hasn't been mentioned.But as you say Hully Gully there is always the possibilty.

"Up to you" applies I guess.

I was in Immigration yesterday and they had given out 30 extension queue tags and I noticed they had given out 150 90 day queue tags. That was about 2:00 in the afternoon. I noticed that the 90 day being serviced was #129 so they must be moving along very well there in that that department.

I didn't get a chance to see what number they were serving at the year extension. But I did see the lady sitting there with two passports. How would one person have two passports?

Also heard a rumor that all agents had the same accessibility to the immigration officers. It is not just one agency that has it. Just a rumor but it does answer a question I have always had how did the agents know what time to tell you to be there?

I was there with two friends getting what ever it is you want to call it permission to stay for 30 more days. Took about one hour from the time we got there to the time they had them. The girls out front where very helpful at filling out the forms and they just went next door to get photo copies. They already had pictures on a white background that were excepted. I did notice that the photographer had a blue background to use for the ones they took.

I was in Immigration yesterday and they had given out 30 extension queue tags and I noticed they had given out 150 90 day queue tags. That was about 2:00 in the afternoon. I noticed that the 90 day being serviced was #129 so they must be moving along very well there in that that department.

I didn't get a chance to see what number they were serving at the year extension. But I did see the lady sitting there with two passports. How would one person have two passports?

Also heard a rumor that all agents had the same accessibility to the immigration officers. It is not just one agency that has it. Just a rumor but it does answer a question I have always had how did the agents know what time to tell you to be there?

I was there with two friends getting what ever it is you want to call it permission to stay for 30 more days. Took about one hour from the time we got there to the time they had them. The girls out front where very helpful at filling out the forms and they just went next door to get photo copies. They already had pictures on a white background that were excepted. I did notice that the photographer had a blue background to use for the ones they took.

I guess the answer to the level of access to immigration could be determined by going to each of the "professional" agents late morning on any particular day and asking them to arrange your "retirement" visa for that same day.

My wild random guess is that they,the professional agencies,could not do it but just by chance there is one other agent that could?

I guess the answer to the level of access to immigration could be determined by going to each of the "professional" agents late morning on any particular day and asking them to arrange your "retirement" visa for that same day.

My wild random guess is that they,the professional agencies,could not do it but just by chance there is one other agent that could?

NorthernJohn -- the "other" agents "know" what time to tell their customers to come to Immigration because they look at the number their staff member is given after having waited in the queue since 5 am and they can estimate what time that number will be called. It's not an exact science. Friends of mine were upset because their agent told them to be at Immigration at a certain time and they still had to wait an hour until he said it was time to sit at the desk for their interview. The agent simply misjudged when they were going to call the number that his employee had been given that morning.

NorthernJohn -- the "other" agents "know" what time to tell their customers to come to Immigration because they look at the number their staff member is given after having waited in the queue since 5 am and they can estimate what time that number will be called. It's not an exact science. Friends of mine were upset because their agent told them to be at Immigration at a certain time and they still had to wait an hour until he said it was time to sit at the desk for their interview. The agent simply misjudged when they were going to call the number that his employee had been given that morning.

Kind of like the guy that went next door one morning and they told him to come back at 2:00. Wouldn't surprise me if they all paid a 1,000 baht. That would help the staff pay for supplies that they have been buying out of their pocket according to the Fellow who spoke about the situation there at the CEC business meeting. I talked to him in private after the meeting.

More than anything, I would like to see in the immigration statutes the actual writing pertaining to TM30. If required I'll do it no problem.

My friend called immigration yesterday right after I posted the question. She was told not necessary. I asked if she talk to immigration officer or a support clerk and she said support clerk. So I have no faith in that answer.

I guess I will drive to immigration and just do it, not ask.

After thought.

Whats the purpose of the arrival card? AND a TM30? Why don't they have the TM30 at the borders and airports? When you think about how many foreigners arrive every day. It would be a mountain of paperwork.

Failed with online for er indoors-again! Although we did do a change of address in the interim so maybe cocked the system.

Mailed in Monday afternoon, signed for at airport imm Tuesday afternoon, now wait and see. 1508624.GIF

EMS tracking shows it is on the way back! 1508560.GIF
Received today with blank TM47 and:

post-51-0-00823800-1454655279_thumb.jpeg

Received today with blank TM47 and:

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Interesting that they now include this.

My attention was drawn to the line: 'Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt"

Never been the case up until now in my experience: If you send EMS the date of the stamp has always been the day [or day after] it was received --- whether they mailed it straight back or sat on in for a while! Therefore submitting 15 days before the due date [as suggested] meant you would lose those days before your next report is due.

New rule or more confusion?

My attention was drawn to the line: 'Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt"

Never been the case up until now in my experience: If you send EMS the date of the stamp has always been the day [or day after] it was received --- whether they mailed it straight back or sat on in for a while! Therefore submitting 15 days before the due date [as suggested] meant you would lose those days before your next report is due.

New rule or more confusion?

I noticed that too....and would guess, based on what everybody has told me (and my own multiple experiences) that they ignore that "rule." Mine are always dated from the date of their receipt of the mail sent by EMS (although, if mailed on a Friday, Monday becomes the operative date).

Edit: And what's this about a 10-baht stamp? I've always enclosed a return envelope with 5 baht (although others have said a 3 baht stamp will do). Weird.

3B is for a standard letter your postman throws into your mailbox. If you use registered mail or EMS someone has to be home to sign for it. I consider this counterproductive. Send registered and receive normal, always worked for me.

3B is for a standard letter your postman throws into your mailbox. If you use registered mail or EMS someone has to be home to sign for it. I consider this counterproductive. Send registered and receive normal, always worked for me.

3Bt stamped letters don't always arrive, or take forever. Registered always arrive & pdq....

3Bt stamped letters don't always arrive, or take forever. Registered always arrive & pdq....

Hang Dong postman always delivers in due time. :)

Under current conditions much happier the be able to track the return envelope, just a few baht extra for peace of mind.

Valid reason. But if they receive it, you have the receipt, there is a one month timeframe if nothing returns. It's on the immigration website.

Not always someone around to sign for registered mail. I'm happy wit the postman just dropping it. Always worked.

A friend reports that she went to Immigration Promenada today at 2 pm and after doing photocopying and filling out the TM 47 form, she was given queue number 134. She was in-and-out in less than 40 minutes, including the time for copies.

Wow -- what a difference a few weeks makes. Appears they've worked thru the post-holiday backlog and aren't running out of all 180 queue tickets early in the morning.

The wife was doing my TM 30 report at the airport office, and she over heard the officers

talking along the lines of, "Why do they keep making these changes and not tell us about

them",so it seems what comes down from on high in Bangkok has them confused too.

regards Worgeodie

I am surprised that I can't find anyone confirming if Mail In 90 Day Reports go to the old Airport address or the new Promenada address. The sticky is still showing the old address but maybe it hasn't been updated? If it is correct, than it would be nice if it had a note, "Yes, still send 90 Day Reports to old address" as I am surely not the only one wondering if that information is outdated or not. Tywais?

Update: Chiang Mai Buddy website says Promenada address, but I just phoned CM Immigration and luckily they answered the phone. She says to send it to Airport address. Hopefully she's right!

I am surprised that I can't find anyone confirming if Mail In 90 Day Reports go to the old Airport address or the new Promenada address. The sticky is still showing the old address but maybe it hasn't been updated? If it is correct, than it would be nice if it had a note, "Yes, still send 90 Day Reports to old address" as I am surely not the only one wondering if that information is outdated or not. Tywais?

Update: Chiang Mai Buddy website says Promenada address, but I just phoned CM Immigration and luckily they answered the phone. She says to send it to Airport address. Hopefully she's right!

There have been no reports of members sending to Promenada. Some haven't received their receipts and went to airport and found they were there. My last one a month ago was sent to airport and did get a receipt mailed back.

See post 287

There have been no reports of members sending to Promenada. Some haven't received their receipts and went to airport and found they were there. My last one a month ago was sent to airport and did get a receipt mailed back.

So wouldn't it be a good idea to post this on the sticky? Everyone knows it has moved so I am sure many are wondering if they need to send it to the new address. When they see old address, they are probably wondering if it hasn't yet been updated on the sticky. Just a suggestion...

Archived