90 Day Reporting - Comments and Experiences 2016

Tywais

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing how diligently (and helpfully) Tywais updates that post every year I don't see the need to update unless you want him to update it daily to say nothing has changed wink.png

That wouldn't seem like a sensible thing to do.

If you missed the point, I'll try to keep it simple: "Immigration has moved". For this reason, it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that the address would now be different. (Typically addresses change when locations move). When the person seeking this information finds the old address posted, they would then assume that it hasn't been updated since they already know that it has moved from that address. You know what...my suggestion was for Tywais and I am sure he doesn't have trouble understanding such a simple point so I'll leave it at that.

Seeing how diligently (and helpfully) Tywais updates that post every year I don't see the need to update unless you want him to update it daily to say nothing has changed wink.png

That wouldn't seem like a sensible thing to do.

If you missed the point, I'll try to keep it simple: "Immigration has moved". For this reason, it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that the address would now be different. (Typically addresses change when locations move). When the person seeking this information finds the old address posted, they would then assume that it hasn't been updated since they already know that it has moved from that address. You know what...my suggestion was for Tywais and I am sure he doesn't have trouble understanding such a simple point so I'll leave it at that.

I do keep current on immigration matters and do update the pinned topic when it is definitive that a change has been made based on multiple results/experiences of such. You will see something like below which is in the 90 day report topic.

Edited by Tywais, 2016-01-01 14:47:06.

Updated info

well if they stick to the subject I will have to disagree with you. The topic is

"90 Day Reporting - Comments and Experiences 2016"

It would be nice if one could look at it and see if they are still sending people home and telling them to come back tomorrow.

I have a 90 day coming up and would be interested in weather they are doing them all or sending people home. I was in there last Thursday and they had done every body at the 90 day. Just a hint would be nice. I realize it can change day to day. Last time I went in was late November about 9:00 in the morning and got number 49 sand was out of there by 10:30 then all of a sudden they started sending people home. Now I have been in several times when I was at the mall and the 90 day seem to be OK.

Seeing how diligently (and helpfully) Tywais updates that post every year I don't see the need to update unless you want him to update it daily to say nothing has changed ;)

There have been numerous posts relating to where 90 day mail in's are to be sent to, including the sticky, the latest my post 287 on this thread which is self explanatory and from Airport Immigration themselves.

Tywais does a great job providing all the various information that he does which I don't think comes under his job description as a mod?

as the popularity of chiang mai grows,i should imagine,so will the 90day reporting,as more and more elders settle here.just have to think smart,and try all angles,until you find one that is for you THAILAND,mentioned a few,must be some more,and other ways of getting it done.??

as the popularity of chiang mai grows,i should imagine,so will the 90day reporting,as more and more elders settle here.just have to think smart,and try all angles,until you find one that is for you THAILAND,mentioned a few,must be some more,and other ways of getting it done.??

Send the wife, girlfriend other half, maid etc.

Send the wife, girlfriend other half, maid etc.

It would be cheaper to use g4t , than send the wife on her own to Promenada laugh.png

Do it online.

Post it.

Pay G4T

Stand in line.

Do it online. - 50/50 chance of success unless some smart alec want`s to argue the percentages?

Post it. - Some say it`s on, others say it`s deceased. Roll the dice and take your chances please.

Pay G4T - Still the best bet so far.

Stand in line. - May get a slot or may not. Worth a try if you have loads of time to waste or don`t mind the possibility of having to go back and try your luck again.

This I would say is an accurate description of the situation so far. What happened to Nancy L reports to the consulates and the newspaper comment that was going to make immigration see the light and be nice to us in the future? Because so far there has been nothing new on the horizon, no light at the end of the tunnel and still intend to use the GT4 unless persuaded there are better options available.

How you do your reporting is a matter of choice.

However, for 74B, you can send / return by EMS (post), that gives you a record of posting

Personally, post is easier and the cheapest option

And the best bit, you hopefully DO NOT need to go to IMM Prom

Remember you can post 15 days before the due date

Posting worked 3 out of the last 3 times.

Online, just worked first time, quick and efficient.Certainly progress as far as we are concerned.

And if, big if,the online appointments system comes back up then almost cracked it. I think it might as the agency is getting so much business they can't cope and probably no longer object,provided there are not too may slots. 1507625.GIF

Do it online.

Post it.

Pay G4T

Stand in line.

Do it online. - 50/50 chance of success unless some smart alec want`s to argue the percentages?

Post it. - Some say it`s on, others say it`s deceased. Roll the dice and take your chances please.

Pay G4T - Still the best bet so far.

Stand in line. - May get a slot or may not. Worth a try if you have loads of time to waste or don`t mind the possibility of having to go back and try your luck again.

This I would say is an accurate description of the situation so far. What happened to Nancy L reports to the consulates and the newspaper comment that was going to make immigration see the light and be nice to us in the future? Because so far there has been nothing new on the horizon, no light at the end of the tunnel and still intend to use the GT4 unless persuaded there are better options available.

The trouble is we dont know what is happening behind the scenes

Immigration is probably being checked out

You should know that the wheels of motion take a long time to turn in Thailand

We will wait to see what happens with the Old Airport immigration

To see if the 90 day reporting is being done ther

Maybe they will do more Visa Extensions at promenade

The 1st April will be interesting to see if the new Computer program us up and running

Well, it appears I have just done this for the first time. Firefox 43.0.4 on a Mac OSX 10.11.3 - El Capitan. Browser ad blocker disabled. I used this link to start: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do?cmd=acceptTerm

I did get to the final window which gave me the Transaction Reference Number (TRN).

Me too. Same configuration except I used Safari instead of Firefox. Completed the forms last evening and got the approval notice early this morning.

I previously tried on a PC with IE and windows 10 and got nowhere. whether it was the configuration or just timing, I don't really know.

I did my 90 day extension at the Promenada today Feb. 17. I am sorry to report that I arrived at 10:35 and was given number 69. I was out of there at 10:55.

As I say I am extremely sorry I can not give you any thing to complain about. Other than the obvious fact the 90 day report is a stupid thing. Not sure what the function of the girls out side are other than to give out queue numbers. the person behind me had a number and was informed she had to go to airport for what she was doing.

There was one other thing how ever a previous poster on this thread mentioned appointment on line possibility for an appointment at the office. I was informed that there never was and never will be an appointment set up on line for making 90 day appointments. Have no idea where that rumor came from. The yearly extension was talked about at the Chiang Mai Ex Pats club business meeting and has been reported on the Promenada one stop thread.

Edit

I did it myself I did not use an agent.

I did my 90 day extension at the Promenada today Feb. 17. I am sorry to report that I arrived at 10:35 and was given number 69. I was out of there at 10:55.

As I say I am extremely sorry I can not give you any thing to complain about. Other than the obvious fact the 90 day report is a stupid thing. Not sure what the function of the girls out side are other than to give out queue numbers. the person behind me had a number and was informed she had to go to airport for what she was doing.

There was one other thing how ever a previous poster on this thread mentioned appointment on line possibility for an appointment at the office. I was informed that there never was and never will be an appointment set up on line for making 90 day appointments. Have no idea where that rumor came from. The yearly extension was talked about at the Chiang Mai Ex Pats club business meeting and has been reported on the Promenada one stop thread.

Edit

NJ, you don't have to give us anything to complain about. You do it for us!

Edit

Correct there never was ,and likely never will be, an online appointment system for 90 day reporting, there is an online 90 day reporting system that now appears to be working in more and more cases.

However,when the online system for making appointments for visa/renewal of extension was in operation there were many instances of persons abusing the system and making appointments to do 90 day reports and airport immigration allowed them to do it depriving others of appointments for their visas/extensions, I,and others witnessed it actually happening.

NJ, you don't have to give us anything to complain about. You do it for us!

Nothing wrong to go to Promenada for the social event. Some like the coffee there too. Perhaps when I get older I will happily queue there too...who knows smile.png

Edit

Correct there never was ,and likely never will be, an online appointment system for 90 day reporting, there is an online 90 day reporting system that now appears to be working in more and more cases.

However,when the online system for making appointments for visa/renewal of extension was in operation there were many instances of persons abusing the system and making appointments to do 90 day reports and airport immigration allowed them to do it depriving others of appointments for their visas/extensions, I,and others witnessed it actually happening.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

Well done fellows no new information but you got your posts up. always glad to help. I do drop by when I am in the Promenada and glance in there to see what numbers they are on.

I hope I never get as tied up as MadMac where a 15 minute 90 day report is a social event. All though I will admit I had a cup of coffee at Dukes while socializing with my wife, daughter, and son in law. Even had a good meal.

cheesy.gifclap2.gif Love it guys keep it coming. I will get back to you when I have some thing to report on it.

Last time I was there they gave me a number with a long queue before me and nothing was moving, wrote that earlier. It's good if it has improved. In BKK you just walk in and wait max 15 mins.

Now this pobably means G4T and other agents have enough business to not hold back the normal processing.

Hi all.

If of some interest...

Mailed my "90 days report" (TM47 and all) on the 12th and received back my notification yesterday the 18th.

Registered 2 ways for 36 Bahts.

This time, a blank TM47 and a "how to use" notice were joined to my notification. Good move from Imm Office wai.gif

It now seems IO are asking for registered mailing. Please, see attached file, and don't shoot the messenger (me!)...

As well, those included papers seems to clearly show the 90 days mailed report is actually a full official service offered by IO Chiangmai.

A great evening to all!

wink.png

post-41729-0-40733900-1455883019_thumb.j

Hi all.

If of some interest...

Mailed my "90 days report" (TM47 and all) on the 12th and received back my notification yesterday the 18th.

This time, a blank TM47 and a "how to use" notice were joined to my notification. Good move from Imm Office wai.gif

It now seems IO are asking for registered mailing. Please, see attached file, and don't shoot the messenger (me!)...

As well, those included papers seems to clearly show the 90 days mailed report is actually a full official service offered by IO Chiangmai.

A great evening to all!

wink.png

Excellent Post

Good to hear it all worked

Plus they replied with more Information

Straight to he point

No Bull

We need more of these actual reports

Hi all.

If of some interest...

A great evening to all!

wink.png

A couple of items:

1st - "Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt"

Did your expiration stamp on your new receipt show this or 90 days from when it was processed? Reason is the Bangkok main immigration site has always said the above but CM has always stamped the expiration 90 days from processing it.

2nd - It has always mentioned registered mail on the Bangkok immigration site however EMS is also registered mail just it has way point tracking whereas registered only has start/end point tracking.

3rd - 10 baht is 3 times more than what the post office web site indicates based on the standard weight of one envelop and one A4 sheet. This is also copied from the Bangkok site (the 10 baht).

Note: Actually that notice is nearly verbatim from the main immigration website and has been policy for a long time. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

Just tried the online method again...been trying for over a year now as soon as it gets near report time, always within the time prescribed. Tried all browsers again and get the error message below. Also as Nancy suggested, I used the drop down menus for the relevant bits, even the arrival date. Convinced it has something to do with my Departure Card being 9 years old, even though I am on the system. I know this because the last time I was at Promenade I asked and they checked their PC at the information counter up front. Glad to hear some guys are having luck with the online system.facepalm.gif

http://prntscr.com/a5kiyp

Hi Tyways,

Here are my understandings:

1st: Yes, I've noticed that. My receipt is stamped from the processing day. The 15th in my case, though the due final date was the 29th of February. My next 90 days report is due before the 14th of May, so I've to send my report end of April.

Yes I know, everytime I report by mail, I "lose" about 15 days, ok, but is it such a big deal?

2nd: As far as EMS is a registered mail, I suppose it's not a problem for IO. But I'm not an IO Officer, so...

3rd: Maybe more is always enough gigglem.gif But as soon as I stamp my return mail by myself on behalf of the post-officer, including the registered barcode, I'ld think it's ok...

Yes I've noticed that: it's a sort of a "copy" of the webpage. But IMHO, it's a good move: it's better than nothing, no?

Have a nice day!

wink.png

Hi all.

If of some interest...

A great evening to all!

wink.png

A couple of items:

1st - "Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt"

Did your expiration stamp on your new receipt show this or 90 days from when it was processed? Reason is the Bangkok main immigration site has always said the above but CM has always stamped the expiration 90 days from processing it.

2nd - It has always mentioned registered mail on the Bangkok immigration site however EMS is also registered mail just it has way point tracking whereas registered only has start/end point tracking.

3rd - 10 baht is 3 times more than what the post office web site indicates based on the standard weight of one envelop and one A4 sheet. This is also copied from the Bangkok site (the 10 baht).

Note: Actually that notice is nearly verbatim from the main immigration website and has been policy for a long time. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

CM has always stamped the expiration 90 days from processing it.-This one 2 weeks ago.

Not sure if many readers have seen the latest for Overstays

Can be read from the Visa Section

My post was closed as the origin article was posted premious

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/895943-overstaying-foreigners-will-face-ban-from-re-entering-thailand/

Will be interesting what else they will change or make official

I have a 90 day due up soon, will be my first since last entry into LOS but I have filed a TM30 so plan to try online first. If that fails I'll try postal. With regard to the postal approach though there's just one thing I'm not clear on.

I've never had to do a SAE in LOS, let alone an SAE by EMS / Registered but how does that work? Obviously getting the EMS for the outward letter is easy but how about the return? Surely you have to go the post office to get the process activated for the return and get the receipt? Do Immigration have a special arrangement for that or something where Thai Post collects or do they just send in big batches with a runner?

I could see their needing to get receipts for all the 90 day would really p them off so am even wondering if it's worth it, maybe better to just go to the 10 baht SAE route? Trouble is, seeing as the moo baan here is quite new and houses don't yet have numbers / post boxes I'd prefer to to eliminate as many possibles as I can for failed delivery so 'signed for' maybe the best option, at least for now.

Archived