90 Day Reporting - Comments and Experiences 2016

Tywais

I just send mine recorded,if posted in the morning,always arrives next day,

you can also track it.

Yesterday I received back the report that i sent 12 days previously,so took

longer than usual.it also contained a slip of paper stamped IMPORTANT,

giving instructions,on what copies to send,and stating you must send at

LEAST 15 days before due date of notification,and waiting for reply mail

over one month,go to immigration office.

I have tried reporting on-line but it did not work,maybe because I have

not been out of the country for 4 years,but I wonder if reporting with the

TM 30 will put your details in the system,and enable reporting.see next time.

regards Worgeordie

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you can also track it.

regards Worgeordie

Most people seem to use EMS or registered mail. How do you send it "recorded" and why do you choose that service ?

you can also track it.

regards Worgeordie

Most people seem to use EMS or registered mail. How do you send it "recorded" and why do you choose that service ?
suppose you have a point there,Piece of mind I belive and being able to check progress of your mail. At least knowing its arrived at imm.

you can also track it.

regards Worgeordie

Inlies a basic question: why all the fuss. I have a dim memory of either method being recommended just so you have a record of the deed done --- maybe even by an Immigration officer or two. Practically speaking, it could be a way to avoid a fine, but the system for mail reporting seems to be working quite well these days including regular mail.

you can also track it.

regards Worgeordie

suppose you have a point there,Piece of mind I belive and being able to check progress of your mail. At least knowing its arrived at imm.

One time my return post didn't arrive so a trip to immigration, and showing him the ems slip helped him to find it in their log. He didn't find it initially and he implied that I was trying it on to avoid a fine, but after finding it he simply wrote out the return slip there and then. No queuing, just straight to information desk.

just did my 90 report online for the second time

I used Firefox but with the IE extension

1. Filled all the info in - I see they still have Chiang Mai Spelled wrong in the drop down

2. Submitted it

3. About 5 minutes later got approval email

4. Went in and checked status, saw that it was approved already, printed Receipt of Notification for my next day I must check in

and put it in my passport

All went smooth, no issues

I noticed they did add a pop up page warning about overstayers and the new stricter laws coming into effect on March 20, plus they showed the punishment if you overstay like if you stay over 90 days you get banned from coming into Thailand for 1 year etc...

However I have no plans on overstaying.. kind of an interesting place to put the pop up as if you were overstaying you probably wouldnt be submitting your 90 day report:) but I suppose for those that are still on a working visa, if they are thinking about overstaying in the future it would reach those people:)

Overstay with 90 days report. That's something new smile.png

No nothing to do with 90 day reporting, they are just making sure the word gets out to everyone that on the 20th of March the harsher overstay rules go into effect. "Good Guys in, Bad Guys out" policy.

Overstay with 90 days report. That's something new smile.png

No nothing to do with 90 day reporting, they are just making sure the word gets out to everyone that on the 20th of March the harsher overstay rules go into effect. "Good Guys in, Bad Guys out" policy.

yes that is what I meant as well.. I was just saying there was a pop up page showing the new rules.. I wasnt saying you could fix any of your overstay issues online:)

Something different. I sent my 90 day by mail to Airport location at 10:00AM on the 8th by EMS and it showed as delivered on the afternoon on the 8th, just a few hours. Did not go to Lamphun this time so not sure what they changed.

Sent 8th March EMS tracking shows received March 8th. Approved March 15th 15:34PM and arrived in my mail today March 17th. As mentioned by others, a blank TM47 and a notice included in the envelope.

post-566-0-38232900-1458208665_thumb.jpg

90 days promenada yesterday. Arrived 8'30. About 50 waiting. I can't be arsed to wait 5 hours, so I paid my 300 baht to g4t. Make sure your form is not a photocopy and you include a copy of your arrival with your paperwork. At 9 after shopping in rimping, I went back and collected my passport. The 90 day queue had about 10 more people left to get their ticket. So it's certainly feasible not to pay money if you don't mind waiting hours. For me, I've better things to occupy my time

J

Did mine at the Promanad at 11.00 was done 25 minutes

I'm going to try arriving mid afternoon next time, and on a Wednesday or Thursday. I think 30 minutes wait is about right.
Or you could even try online or by post?

Still says 10B stamp which is weird. It's 3B actually if not registered. Does it cost more to send mail around the province?

No. They copy/pasted that from the main Bangkok Immigration website and have no idea where they derived it from. I did a little checking and there is no 10 baht standard post. It is 3, 5, 9 and 15 baht. This is the breakdown from Thailand Post and valid country wide, no difference between inter or intra province. Due to them stuffing the envelopes with extra pages I admit I added an additional 3 baht stamp this time for 6 baht as I have a stock of 3 baht stamps. smile.png

0-20 gms = 3 baht

21-100 gms = 5 baht

101-250 gms = 9 baht

251+ gms = 15 baht

For TM47 return.

1 Envelope = 4.5 gms

1 Sheet A4 = 4.5 gms

------------------------

9 gms = 3 baht

90 days promenada yesterday. Arrived 8'30. About 50 waiting. I can't be arsed to wait 5 hours, so I paid my 300 baht to g4t. Make sure your form is not a photocopy and you include a copy of your arrival with your paperwork. At 9 after shopping in rimping, I went back and collected my passport. The 90 day queue had about 10 more people left to get their ticket. So it's certainly feasible not to pay money if you don't mind waiting hours. For me, I've better things to occupy my time

I normally do it online or by post but missed it last time by leaving it too late, so had to go to Promenada. I'm glad to see the panic merchants are still getting there at the crack of dawn, as it means that when I stroll in at 3.30pm there's noone there. In and out in 5 minutes.

Back to online or post next time though, just in case too many people get wise!

Would a kind soul please advise as to what copies are required for the 90 Day Report in person at Promenada.

I read the comment about a copy of the TM 6 but what else is needed.

Many thanks.

1. One copy of all the important pages of your passport.

2. Your last 90 day receipt. (Original).

3. Copy of your TM6 arrival card.

4. A completed TM47 form.

Take with you, your passport, and the original TM6 arrival card. Sign and date all your copies.

You can apply 15 days before the 90 day is due. They say it can go 7 days after, but I never risk it.

J

Did mine at the Promanad at 11.00 was done 25 minutes

I'm going to try arriving mid afternoon next time, and on a Wednesday or Thursday. I think 30 minutes wait is about right.
Or you could even try online or by post?
No.
Why not?

As you have better things to occupy your time these are quicker better,cheaper options.

Would a kind soul please advise as to what copies are required for the 90 Day Report in person at Promenada.

I read the comment about a copy of the TM 6 but what else is needed.

Many thanks.

1. One copy of all the important pages of your passport.

2. Your last 90 day receipt. (Original).

3. Copy of your TM6 arrival card.

4. A completed TM47 form.

Take with you, your passport, and the original TM6 arrival card. Sign and date all your copies.

You can apply 15 days before the 90 day is due. They say it can go 7 days after, but I never risk it.

Departure card. Arrival card is collected when you enter the country.

your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt ?

That would be a new one.

Anyone can confirm this ?

It has always been 90 days from the date of approval. Just did a check on my new report date, my expiration of the old one was for March 20th. Date the report was processed was March 15th, date due 12th June so exactly 90 days from date of approval. CM does thing their way. smile.png From timeanddate calculator

post-566-0-95773800-1458264872_thumb.jpg

Sent 8th March EMS tracking shows received March 8th. Approved March 15th 15:34PM and arrived in my mail today March 17th. As mentioned by others, a blank TM47 and a notice included in the envelope.

Hi Tywais

Sorry but is this a typo or did I miss something new?

Why a blank TM-47?

Thanks for any clarification

Hi Tywais

Sorry but is this a typo or did I miss something new?

Why a blank TM-47?

Thanks for any clarification

Since you are not going in person where you can pickup a blank form it is for your convenience.

Archived