Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

On 3/11/2017 at 6:04 AM, kjdk said:

Arrived 6.30am. When the Emmigration office opened at 8.30am I was given number 10. Was called to the disk 10.40am and I gave the officer the following documents/copies:

-

How many people were queuing up at this queue that day? Did everyone get a number?

Need to get current exit / re-entry stamp transferred from old passport to just issued new passport.

I'm guessing I need to go the Promenada office.

Anybody know what other documents are needed other than the two  passports. Any proof of address needed?

Anybody know what the transfer fee is?

Any answers /information much appreciated. Thanks.

Just now, chokrai said:

I think this has to be done at the airport office. Someone on here went to Prom to do it last year and was sent to the airport office. I dont think there is a fee. Not sure about the rest. 

Thanks.  

I noticed lots of demolition at the airport sites a week or so back. Is part of it still open for business, does anybody know? Thanks.

I was at Promenade last week

They have a Admin office

Plus other offices on the left  side Of The Copy Shop

I think all Passport stuff will be done at Promenade

With the exception of some TM 30 paperwork

As I have not heard anyone say there are offices to do various things other than on level 2

Hope this helps

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lizard2010 said:

I was at Promenade last week

They have a Admin office

Plus other offices on the left  side Of The Copy Shop

I think all Passport stuff will be done at Promenade

With the exception of some TM 30 paperwork

As I have not heard anyone say there are offices to do various things other than on level 2

Hope this helps

Thanks, I'll try Promenada, luckily just 10 minutes drive from my house.

22 hours ago, scorecard said:

Need to get current exit / re-entry stamp transferred from old passport to just issued new passport.

I'm guessing I need to go the Promenada office.

Anybody know what other documents are needed other than the two  passports. Any proof of address needed?

Anybody know what the transfer fee is?

Any answers /information much appreciated. Thanks.

Just did the same thing in January. It is done and Promenada on the lower floor to the left of the main immigration office. If I remember correctly, it is the first set of doors past the copy center. They pass out the queue numbers there. 

I believe that all Immigration office functions are now done at Prom, either on the lower floor or on the 2nd floor. None are done at the old airport location now since they are doing some serious redevelopment there.

David

Hello, does anybody know if i have to do a TM28 if the Residence where i will live is doing  a TM30 online? If they will make a TM30 online i won`t have slip with a stamp on! 
I have to make the TM28 still  at the Airport Immigration Office at building 3 or is all closed there?? If so, is there an extra counter for TM30/28 at Promenada or do i have to queue?
Thank you so much!

Edited by nonwanfai

Firstly, All IMM work is now done at PROM

You need to ask for a copy of the TM30 report from your landlord

This should be keep in your passport

Each time you leave Thailand the Landlord MUST report your return to IMM

The fine for non compliance is 1600Baht, which you will end up paying

You need to ask for a copy of the TM30 report from your landlord

I think, that this will be a problem, because as i know from other Hotels and Residences they are doing a TM30 every evening with a list of all foreigners living in their building! But i will ask them.
Yes, i know, that all IMM work is now at Promenada, but normally you can also give your TM28 at all police stations in the country! Because this i was asking about a special counter or something like this. At the old Immigration they had an extra building for TM30/28 stuff!

Thank for the answer!

24 minutes ago, HullyGully said:

Each time you leave Thailand the Landlord MUST report your return to IMM

The fine for non compliance is 1600Baht, which you will end up paying

I hate to be pedantic! But the owner, or the person owning the bed you are using, (forget all the legal cr*p) is the person responsible for reporting your presence in that bed and pay the fine if they don't obey the Thai Law.

They should pay the 1600 Baht fine but as we know in CM it will be you! (SOD’s law).

If you go to IMM PROM, there is an office on the 2nd floor handling TM30

IMM PROM did not appear interested in TM28, only TM30

You would NOW only file a TM28 if you move

You could go to IMM PROM and explain the problem, whether you have success, is the question

Thank you for the informations! So i have to fill the TM28 because i am coming from Khon Kaen and will be in CM for some months! Thank you for the information about the Office on the 2nd floor. So i will go direct there and don`t have to wait half a day downstairs. Good news :-)

Edited by nonwanfai

13 hours ago, HullyGully said:

If you go to IMM PROM, there is an office on the 2nd floor handling TM30

IMM PROM did not appear interested in TM28, only TM30

You would NOW only file a TM28 if you move

You could go to IMM PROM and explain the problem, whether you have success, is the question

Question for anyone:  Have you ever filed a TM28 that Chiangmai Immigration has actually accepted?  Based on the posts here over the last several years, every time anyone has attempted to file a TM28 form here (Chiangmai) has resulted in Immigration handing it back and saying they don't want it.  The TM30 form, though, is another story (at least at times).

Yes, i have been in Chiang Mai last year for 2 month and was living in  Smith Residence. I filled a TM28 and was going to the Airport building 3. They accepted it! Perhaps because of  my normal  address is in Khon Kaen Province. When i did my 90 day report in CM then, they wanted also have a copy of the slip from the TM28!
When back in Khon Kaen the Immigration didn`t want to have anything from me because i have yellow housebook and pink foreigner card!! They said, that the Smith Residence also did a departure report to the Immigration!

I have no choice than doing 90 days by the week-end: 90 days expires on 30th of March and I can only fly out on 31st... :saai:

I have no time to queue at 07:30 for several hours as I have work to do.

Some posters mentioned about an "agency" that could do the 90 days for 300 THB within 1 or 2h.

Where can I find it at Promenada?

I usually park the car at the same level as immigration office then go outside and turn right to go to Immigration welcome desk, is that "agent" at the same level as immigration office?

Or after the "pens and copies" shop?

1 hour ago, CantSpell said:

Some posters mentioned about an "agency" that could do the 90 days for 300 THB within 1 or 2h.

I usually park the car at the same level as immigration office then go outside and turn right to go to Immigration welcome desk, is that "agent" at the same level as immigration office?

I believe you are referring to a company called 'G4' who are on Floor two. Just enter as usual but turn left away from the ground floor Imm office and take the escalator up to level 2.  The G4 office says just G4! no advertising as to their services.

I have not used them myself, I use an in city agent, but from comments I have read on this site they should be able to do the job for you.

Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, CantSpell said:

I have no choice than doing 90 days by the week-end: 90 days expires on 30th of March and I can only fly out on 31st... :saai:

I have no time to queue at 07:30 for several hours as I have work to do.

Or after the "pens and copies" shop?

Sadly, you're outside the window to file a 90 day report by post.  That would have been the easiest route.  

Before you follow the advice to hunt up the "unmarked" agent on the second floor of Promenada, why not go to Imm at a reasonable hour, say 10:30 am and get a queue number for a 90 day report and then see where they are in the queing process.  You may be pleasantly surprised and save yourself 300 baht.  Reports are that it's pretty quiet around Imm. this time of year.  

Well, the sign on the store in orange letters says "G4T."  As noted, second level about 50 feet around the corner from the Immigration office up there.  You can't miss it.

A friend used them for his 90-day report two days ago, cost 300 baht, and took less than an hour.  A decent alternative if you can't get it done at the main Immigration office on the lower level (but, like Nancy said, give that a try first and you might be surprised that it can be done fairly quickly without any fee).

Edited by CMBob

On 18 March 2017 at 10:04 AM, CMBob said:

Question for anyone:  Have you ever filed a TM28 that Chiangmai Immigration has actually accepted?  Based on the posts here over the last several years, every time anyone has attempted to file a TM28 form here (Chiangmai) has resulted in Immigration handing it back and saying they don't want it.  The TM30 form, though, is another story (at least at times).

Yes,we  moved literally one Soi and filed TM28 x 2 at Promenada when the desk was the first one on the left in the original office downstairs before it was moved to the second floor to accommodate G4T.

I think there is probably more interest in the TM30 as that makes money in many cases. The door is open for the same thing to happen with TM28.

On 3/16/2017 at 0:49 PM, Genericnic said:

Just did the same thing in January. It is done and Promenada on the lower floor to the left of the main immigration office. If I remember correctly, it is the first set of doors past the copy center. They pass out the queue numbers there. 

I believe that all Immigration office functions are now done at Prom, either on the lower floor or on the 2nd floor. None are done at the old airport location now since they are doing some serious redevelopment there.

David

Thanks for that. Here's my report:

Day 1 - Arrived at Prom about 8.45 am, trainee girls said 'too late' please get in the waiting queue at 7.00 am or earlier tomorrow morning. They gave me a blank form to complete for tomorrow.

Day 2 - Arrive at Prom about 6.45 am. Already many long queues. Cannot see specific Q for transfer exit/re-entry stamps so join the queue for (new) exit/re-entry stamp. Eventually get a queue number, number called, and desk staff say document I have (says specifically 'request to transfer exit/re-entry stamp from old passport to new passport') cannot be used anymore, staff give me the docs for new application for exit/re-entry stamp. I keep trying (politely) to explain I just want existing stamp transferred to new passport.

Suddenly from nowhere a lady in plain clothes but with Imm. security card around her neck asks in perfect English if she can help. I show her old and new passports, she says professionally and politely in perfect English,  'ahh transfer is not needed at all, just show both passports at any Thai exit point. But be careful that any planned re-entry isn't beyond the expiry date of the current stamp'.

She asks me to wait just one moment and she quickly gathers all the desk staff and uses my passports to politely explain to the staff what she's just told me in English. Well done!

All done, no cost, go home, luckily just 10 minutes drive from Prom.  

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, scorecard said:

Thanks for that. Here's my report:

Day 1 - Arrived at Prom about 8.45 am, trainee girls said 'too late' please get in the waiting queue at 7.00 am or earlier tomorrow morning. They gave me a blank form to complete for tomorrow.

Day 2 -  'ahh transfer is not needed at all, just show both passports at any Thai exit point. But be careful that any planned re-entry isn't beyond the expiry date of the current stamp'.

Ain't that the typical routine...

2 days and 2 visits to learn that you did not really need to go there.. 

19 minutes ago, CantSpell said:

Ain't that the typical routine...

2 days and 2 visits to learn that you did not really need to go there.. 

Assuming of course that the information given is accurate and the 'Thai Exit Point' personnel agree with that info and action it accordingly.

Fingers crossed the info is correct.

I had to restart a complete work permit/re-entry process at great expense etc as the result of 'miss-information/advice'. 

I am no expert but if I were 'Scorecard' I would get some more advice, written if possible.

Edited by scottiejohn
correction

17 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Assuming of course that the information given is accurate and the 'Thai Exit Point' personnel agree with that info and action it accordingly.

Fingers crossed the info is correct.

I had to restart a complete work permit/re-entry process at great expense etc as the result of 'miss-information/advice'. 

I am no expert but if I were 'Scorecard' I would get some more advice, written if possible.

It is usual for many country (including Thailand) to allow entry with the 2 passports with Visa/reentry in one and arrival stamp in second one when first one is full.

Tho they did the transfer for me once without me even asking...

I would not worry if your visa and re entry is valid, you can use 2 passport, I did it for my daughter.

1 minute ago, CantSpell said:

It is usual for many country (including Thailand) to allow entry with the 2 passports with Visa/reentry in one and arrival stamp in second one when first one is full.

Tho they did the transfer for me once without me even asking...

I did this recently on a UK PP .

When I received my new UK PP in Thailand , my old PP was cancelled .

When I left Thailand on my new PP , I had to take my old PP along and transfer all the details from my old PP onto my new one .

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

When I left Thailand on my new PP , I had to take my old PP along and transfer all the details from my old PP onto my new one .

Did you do this free of charge at an exit point or at an Immigration Office?

Edited by scottiejohn
typo