Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

Do you have any reason to say that, or just more unsubstantiated stuff, which no doubt will now be quoted by other posters as fact.

Do you believe that the fines are just set up for one reason - to make money for the staff?

Did you even consider that Thailand, like all countries, needs to have policies and rules and regulations to keep some control on who comes in and out and fines to keep the visa etc., up to date?  

I dont believe these TM 30 fines are distibuted to staff as there is an official receipt, a copy of which is with my TM 30 copy stub now stapled in my passport .

When no receipt is received, from some  operators, that is obviously diverted. Receipts leave a paper trail.

I expected to be fined as this TM 30 law, devised I believe, during the 70's is now a cash cow for CM Imm ,maybe we are paying for the new building at the old airport site which is apparently 2 years away with virtually no parking expected.

The TM 30 has absolutely no effect on  potential criminal activity, or where we are/live, none at all, its a legal way of extracting more money,the officer all but admitted that as she viewed my Thai driving licence, Thai ID card ,yellow book,utility blills  as I laid them out before her like a deck of cards,just to make a point

I have friends and former work colleagues in Bangkok,Jomtien,Pattaya ,Phuket ,Hua Hin not one suffers the scrutiny or lack of service  that we endure here in CM

Its best to accept it or move rather than try to justify the archaic requirements and lack of normal business practices

Some might remember a seminar held some months ago, amid great fan fare, with the tourism minister listening intently and making notes of the woes of people attending CM Immigration ,did anything change? did the online 90 day reporting come back ? did the online appointment option return ? did the queues lessen, no , Nice PR job but zero return.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

After reading the above and failing to get a full understanding of the TM30 requirements, doing border runs instead of visiting immigration is looking more attractive.

I've been in Thailand 11 years, always rented, usually did 90 day border runs but have gone to immigration a few times (last time several years ago) and never been asked for a TM30.  I think my landlord did a TM30 for me a few years ago, but don't think she has updated it every time I left and returned to Thailand.  Some of my departures were for a few days, some for several weeks.

What can I expect if I go to immigration now?  What can I expect if I use a Visa agent?

Why not ask one? They may well have some method of diverting the issue.It will cost of course and the 1,600 baht is a one of for the moment

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

After reading the above and failing to get a full understanding of the TM30 requirements, doing border runs instead of visiting immigration is looking more attractive.

I've been in Thailand 11 years, always rented, usually did 90 day border runs but have gone to immigration a few times (last time several years ago) and never been asked for a TM30.  I think my landlord did a TM30 for me a few years ago, but don't think she has updated it every time I left and returned to Thailand.  Some of my departures were for a few days, some for several weeks.

What can I expect if I go to immigration now?  What can I expect if I use a Visa agent?

16 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Why not ask one? They may well have some method of diverting the issue.It will cost of course and the 1,600 baht is a one of for the moment

I would, but I don't know any, or how to find a reputable one.

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I thought your super duper Visa agents would have informed you about about the TM 30,

as you were paying for the service, also you seem up with rules and regulations ,but

you ended up been find 1,600 THB, so what chance do people who do not visit ThaiVisa,

or other social sites that might mention the TM 30, also the requirement to have a TM30

seems  to be enforced rigorously at CNX ,in other parts of Thailand not so much.

When I first heard about the requirement for TM30 been enforced,I told my wife to report

all her tenants ,which she did ,no problems,no fines, now the onus is on her to check when

the tenants leave and return to Thailand, which if they do not inform her ,she will have to

end up paying the fines.

regards worgeordie

E/S is happy,   as a lark,  in the  park, have my tm30 notification , stapled in my passport, will report in  as required , over red rover for me

Edited by evenstevens

Sorry I haven't read the previous messages, but I have good news!

As of my latest visa extension, the Promenada immigration center is a really pleasant experience. I was in and out in less than 30 minutes I think.

I was at CM Imm yesterday to renew my extension for retirement arrived at 6.00am and no: 3 in the queue docs checked by young assistant all OK - IMO arrived 9.10am. had to fill in a revised TM7 form I had a new TM 30 ready but there was one already stapled at the back of my PP which has been there for a couple of years I was told to get a copy of it the new one was handed back to me. All done by 10.30 but I'm still very confused re: TM30 process do I staple the old form back in my PP for next time if not where does the new receipt come from I've discovered that the apts. I'm living in has'nt lodged TM 30's for many residents so what do I do regarding that? I am leaving Thai. in June for a month and returning to the same address and understand it is now mandatory for me to lodge a new TM30 within 1 week of my return.

Any info. regarding this would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 3:20 PM, heybruce said:

I would, but I don't know any, or how to find a reputable one.

Forget reputations just get one that can do the job.May I suggest G4T at Promenada who have a very special relationship with Imm.

I did my last extension with them for retirement,only because I was feeling rather poorly and the thought of being there all day was making me feel worse.

I mentioned I had no TM 30. No problem they told me and it was all done with  a minimimum of fuss at a cost of course.

Mind you I did the 3 previous yearly extensions myself and never was there never any mention of not having a TM 30.

I am into my 17th year in Thailand I am now oblivious to new surprise.

23 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Forget reputations just get one that can do the job.May I suggest G4T at Promenada who have a very special relationship with Imm.

I did my last extension with them for retirement,only because I was feeling rather poorly and the thought of being there all day was making me feel worse.

I mentioned I had no TM 30. No problem they told me and it was all done with  a minimimum of fuss at a cost of course.

Mind you I did the 3 previous yearly extensions myself and never was there never any mention of not having a TM 30.

I am into my 17th year in Thailand I am now oblivious to new surprise.

Good information, thanks.  The only reputation I'm interested in is one for getting the job done at a reasonable price.  What does G4T charge?  How much time do I need to give them?

22 hours ago, heybruce said:

Good information, thanks.  The only reputation I'm interested in is one for getting the job done at a reasonable price.  What does G4T charge?  How much time do I need to give them?

Its 3000 baht for a retirement extension plus 1,900b receipted from Imm for your extension.300 baht for a 90 day report when it cost me 37 baht at the PO

.Depending on what you want just walk in, no appointment needed

3 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Its 3000 baht for a retirement extension plus 1,900b receipted from Imm for your extension.300 baht for a 90 day report when it cost me 37 baht at the PO

.Depending on what you want just walk in, no appointment needed

Thanks again.  If you don't mind one more question, how much time do they need?  If I go to them early in the afternoon will I get my 90 report done that same day?

10 hours ago, heybruce said:

Thanks again.  If you don't mind one more question, how much time do they need?  If I go to them early in the afternoon will I get my 90 report done that same day?

A couple weeks ago I went into the actual Immigration office early in the afternoon and did my own 90 day report nearly immediately.  No need to pay G4T 300 baht to jump the queue when the queue is just two or three people.

32 minutes ago, NancyL said:

A couple weeks ago I went into the actual Immigration office early in the afternoon and did my own 90 day report nearly immediately.  No need to pay G4T 300 baht to jump the queue when the queue is just two or three people.

last  weds, arrived  appr 10.45 am  Promenada to do my 90 day report, (do not trust the mail in system) and their was at least 60 plus plus queue, perhaps a busy morning due to a public holiday falling next day, sprinted up to  G4T  Visa  Office second floor , all done inside 15 mins,(300 Baht)  how.s that for a  lighting fast  back up service, when needed, on such occassions

in a couple of weeks , E/S is heading for the Land Down Under, so cantered around the corner to TM30 office,for clarification  rules on returning to Thailand etc etc

a smiling young man officer, ran my present TM30 notification through his computer, all is valid, but must report on returning within 24 hrs, no need for my old shelia(landlord) to be present, can do solo, that took 5 mins ,and again with a smile,  perhaps its my very handsom  looks

itS a G4T  good morning to all

Been posting 90 day report for years,not one problem,anything to

prevent me to going to Promenade is a huge plus. 

Pleased to see you were going back to Oz,then you said you intend

coming back !:saai:  just joking my old cobber.

regards worgeordie

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Been posting 90 day report for years,not one problem,anything to

prevent me to going to Promenade is a huge plus. 

Pleased to see you were going back to Oz,then you said you intend

coming back !:saai:  just joking my old cobber.

regards worgeordie

When asked why he was choosing to go to immigration at least 5 times a year now pretty much sure he posted he would be using mail in in future and now not even tried it does not trust it. :smile:.

Yes, our experience has been good, used to use online for mine but never could for er indoors so was always mail. Now works for both of us, ems out registered back.

19 hours ago, heybruce said:

I would suggest you check the queue at Imm first it may well be only a 10 min wait.Obviously it is impossible to predict,varies from day to day . I would only use G4T as back up not my cup of tea at all.Its a 15 minute wait as many have reported but I do my 90 day by mail and have done for 17 years

The least number of times you need to go to IMM PROM the better

Which should be 1, except any overseas trip and the TM30 re-registering

SO 1 TRIP RETIREMENT EXTENSION PLUS RE-ENTRY VISA

90 DAY REPORTING - by Post

That's my view

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HullyGully said:

The least number of times you need to go to IMM PROM the better

Which should be 1, except any overseas trip and the TM30 re-registering

SO 1 TRIP RETIREMENT EXTENSION PLUS RE-ENTRY VISA

90 DAY REPORTING - by Post

That's my view

I would go along with that but some people seem to enjoy the day out,or feel insecure using the post. Sheer masochism......pleasure in suffering physical or mental pain

I have got to make report next couple weeks,send it to same address? any change?

Notify 90 Days
Chiangmai Immigration
71 Moo 3  Sanambin Road
T. Suthep A. Muang
Chiang Mai

regards worgeordie

2 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I have got to make report next couple weeks,send it to same address? any change?

Notify 90 Days
Chiangmai Immigration
71 Moo 3  Sanambin Road
T. Suthep A. Muang
Chiang Mai

regards worgeordie

1508562.GIF

This is the address I use, English and Thai

Chiang Mai Immigration

71 Sanambin Road (Moo 3)

T. Suthep

A. Muang

Chiang Mai 50200

ตรวจคนเข้าเมืองจังหวัดเชียงใหม่
71 (ถนนสนามบิน) หมู่ที่ 3 ตำบลสุเทพ อำเภอเมือง
จังหวัดเชียงใหม่ 50200

Return of the 90-day Receipt of Notification seems to be a bit slower these days.  I posted (EMS) my 90-day report on March 27th, they did it on April 1st (Saturday), and received it back by regular mail today (April 7th).   Regardless, mailing it is the easiest way to get it done.  

ran my present TM30 notification through his computer, all is valid, but must report on returning within 24 hrs, no need for my old shelia(landlord) to be present,

Conflicting info here. A previous poster, who re-entered the country, with no change to his address, was told he had a week to have his existing TM30 re-stamped/initialed. Thus, it would seem, since he (or his landlord) has no requirement to file a new TM30, there's no risk of a 1600 baht fine for exceeding 24 hours. But, of course, this could be immigration officer dependent.

46 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Conflicting info here. A previous poster, who re-entered the country, with no change to his address, was told he had a week to have his existing TM30 re-stamped/initialed. Thus, it would seem, since he (or his landlord) has no requirement to file a new TM30, there's no risk of a 1600 baht fine for exceeding 24 hours. But, of course, this could be immigration officer dependent.

I suppose it's possible one or another officer might enforce the 24-hour rule; however, two different officers here in CM have told me a week is fine and I've relied on that info without problem.  The last three times I updated were between 2 and 5 days after I re-entered the country and nobody said a thing about the timing (i.e., no problem and no fine). 

I'd note that I'm not updating after spending time elsewhere within Thailand and hope that doesn't present a future problem.  As I've mentioned before, I asked an Immigration officer what the rule was on that issue.....mentioning that some officers are saying you must update if gone 24 hours even in country whereas other officers are saying you only need to update upon re-entering the country (in both cases returning to the same address).  The officer just smiled at me in response and, as that left me rather puzzled (read: irritated), I added "well, should I only update upon returning to the country or should I update if I'm gone for a few days on a trip within Thailand?"  The exact response with a smile:  "Up to you."  

Edited by CMBob

1 hour ago, CMBob said:

I suppose it's possible one or another officer might enforce the 24-hour rule; however, two different officers here in CM have told me a week is fine and I've relied on that info without problem.  The last three times I updated were between 2 and 5 days after I re-entered the country and nobody said a thing about the timing (i.e., no problem and no fine). 

I'd note that I'm not updating after spending time elsewhere within Thailand and hope that doesn't present a future problem.  As I've mentioned before, I asked an Immigration officer what the rule was on that issue.....mentioning that some officers are saying you must update if gone 24 hours even in country whereas other officers are saying you only need to update upon re-entering the country (in both cases returning to the same address).  The officer just smiled at me in response and, as that left me rather puzzled (read: irritated), I added "well, should I only update upon returning to the country or should I update if I'm gone for a few days on a trip within Thailand?"  The exact response with a smile:  "Up to you."  

Bob, I think the situation about updating after traveling within Thailand depends on what happens at your destination.  If it's a place that's likely to file a TM30 report for you, like a hotel, then Imm. will have a new address on file for you and I would think it a good idea to check in at CM Imm when you return to "update" the TM30 on file here in CM.  However, if you stay someplace where it's likely that a TM30 won't be filed, like the home of friends or in-laws, then no need.  Or as they say here, "up to you".

13 hours ago, CMBob said:

Return of the 90-day Receipt of Notification seems to be a bit slower these days.  I posted (EMS) my 90-day report on March 27th, they did it on April 1st (Saturday), and received it back by regular mail today (April 7th).   Regardless, mailing it is the easiest way to get it done.  

Possibly slower because more people are using the sensible approach by mailing it in. Can't see the online method coming back after all this time.

I have to extend my non-B after SongKran but my employer has told me that I should do this at Promenade Platz (its been about 6 months since I was there) so can someone bring me up to speed please. Are non-B extensions still being processed at the airport Immigration Office? Oh and here is a spanner in the works - can you hold more than one address in Thailand? - Requiring 2 or more TM-30s? Thanks for rely.

4 hours ago, NancyL said:

Bob, I think the situation about updating after traveling within Thailand depends on what happens at your destination.  If it's a place that's likely to file a TM30 report for you, like a hotel, then Imm. will have a new address on file for you and I would think it a good idea to check in at CM Imm when you return to "update" the TM30 on file here in CM.  However, if you stay someplace where it's likely that a TM30 won't be filed, like the home of friends or in-laws, then no need.  Or as they say here, "up to you".

Perhaps so, god/Buddha only knows.  I recently returned from a few-day trip to Hua Hin and I'm sure the hotel there filed their obligatory TM30 for me....but I didn't bother to update my TM30 receipt upon return to CM.  I have to extend my annual deal in a couple of weeks and, should they give me any hassle about the TM30 (meaning my failure to update), I will stand my ground as to what some officers have told me before (somewhat politely, of course) and then see what happens.  I'll report back here only if it's even mentioned and if they give me any guff about it.

Went to Promenada today for the 90 days report. 

Last 3 times i showed up at 10am, filled in the form, got my queue number and get told to come back after lunch. Shortly afer 2pm i was usually done..

Same thing i expected today.. but no queue numbers available at 10am anymore.. some other guy told me the same happened a day before.

Is just everybody of the staff in an early songkran holiday? Somebody has some insights? Or is it gonna be like the earlier days at airport - be there at 6am if you want a queue number?

5 hours ago, Chris747 said:

Went to Promenada today for the 90 days report. 

Last 3 times i showed up at 10am, filled in the form, got my queue number and get told to come back after lunch. Shortly afer 2pm i was usually done..

Same thing i expected today.. but no queue numbers available at 10am anymore.. some other guy told me the same happened a day before.

Is just everybody of the staff in an early songkran holiday? Somebody has some insights? Or is it gonna be like the earlier days at airport - be there at 6am if you want a queue number?

I think it is just because it's a short week.

I went yesterday lunchtime - queue full, so was there at 07:30 and got ticket 65 this morning. Ticket 190 went at about 09:00.

You can always go upstairs to G4T and pay 300 baht, or maybe get away with waiting until your last working day before getting fined and go at 15:00 - they should sort you out last...