Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

One thing I forgot to mention.  The map showing where you live now has to be on a form rather than just plain paper as before.  The photocopy shop next door is set up for doing this from your original, but forewarned is forearmed, as they say.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NancyL said:

If you update infrequently, you'll find your transactions are condensed into one entry for income and one for outflow -- not very helpful and certainly doesn't show your daily balance.  Your bank balance could have fallen below 400,000 and that be hidden when you don't update and have consolidated entries.

Bangkok bank will certainly print out a statement to cover these condensed entries if you require one, well they do at my Sansai Branch.

44 minutes ago, sappersrest said:

Bangkok bank will certainly print out a statement to cover these condensed entries if you require one, well they do at my Sansai Branch.

Yes, they will, but it can be a hassle perhaps requiring you to go to your "home" branch and if you need the information for more than something like three months back (say for the U.S. FATCA report), then they have to request it from their main office.  It's just "good banking practice" to keep the bankbook up-to-date.  They replace bank statements in this country and are really a rather handy source of information when properly maintained.

22 hours ago, NancyL said:

This is just one example of why it's a very good practice of why you should keep your bankbook up-to-date. 

I rarely update my bankbook. I get tired of having to go through the process of getting a new one when the old one gets full.....  I keep tabs of my spending and balance online or by the ATM.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sappersrest said:

I also get mine done at the Chang Klan Branch

Staff very helpfull

Always asking if you need any help with anything banking

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greenside said:

I make the effort to post what I imagine will be of use to others about to apply for a similar extension, whereas comments like the above serve no useful purpose other than to increase your post count. 

The fact that things change frequently and without warning is why a heads up can be a useful time saver.

Yes, but what is required during your visit isn't necessarily the requirement for others.... The key is to be prepared for the unexpected as the unexpected will occur.

I recall the first couple of times I did mine no map was required. Then the next few times they wanted a map so I provided an actual map of my moo-ban (Banwangtan) that was provided by the moo-ban office. But after a few times of that they didn't accept it any longer and wanted me to hand draw a map.

Sometimes they only want certain pages of my passport and other times they want all.... I have learnt to just copy all and let them decide which ones they want.

I provide the income affidavit from my consulate for income verification. That has always been sufficient except for one time as they wanted more proof. So now I carry with me a copy of my tax returns just in case they want more.

Sometimes they want a photo of me with my family at my home and sometimes they don't. So just to be safe I always have a picture available.

BTW, I could care less about my post count because I don't think it gains me anything unless some are receiving  cash for each post which I didn't know about. I was merely saying that with you doing the extension for so many years you should know by now that the paperwork needed for each visit tends to change nearly each time..... I know that!

• Thanks 1

I really cannot understand why people would queue up at immigration when for only a small fee they can have a stress free service, in and out in a flash.

Some might not understand why anyone would travel all the way to G4T and pay 300bt when u can put the docs in an envelope with a stamp on it.
My missus does it, seems to be hassle free:)

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, opalred said:

i agree how simple is it to put a stamp on a envelope and post?

Its not but some are paranoid about the Thai postal system.I havent had a problem in 17 years of reporting by mail but its their choice.

2 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Its not but some are paranoid about the Thai postal system.I havent had a problem in 17 years of reporting by mail but its their choice.

2 weeks ago, registered out to be able check receipt at immigration ,3 baht stamp on return envelope, total 21 baht.

6 working days turnaround.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Thailand said:

2 weeks ago, registered out to be able check receipt at immigration ,3 baht stamp on return envelope, total 21 baht.

6 working days turnaround.

How can you dare do that?  According to ES you are giving up control of your destiny.

Isn't your destiny important?

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 3:24 PM, camsouth said:

greeting all

well here is my report on the im office at prom . now my wife and i had to both go in for our 90 day. we had to file in person because we started our new extension in november ,tried to do it on line but no go . so we got there around 8 30 am. ha ha well nothing has changed much got in back of the line and yes there where a lot there so we didn't get our 90 day Q number.

I went the other day. I arrived just before 8 am. Tickets were given out about 0850.

There were only about 25 in the q.

BTW, there were only 6 that I counted in the retirement q. So, unless everyone is using agents, no need to turn up at 4 am.

I was done by 10am.

They didn't ask for TM 30 or proof of address, but had I not brought them, I'd probably have needed them- Murphy's law.

Annual visa renewal time.  Dreading the dehumanising experience to come.  Arrived at 6 AM number 5 in the Marriage queue.  All done and dusted by 11 AM and other than 2 new forms and the wrong size photo, no issues and by far the best experience of Tor Mor in 10 years.  Wow !

Arrived at 7:00 AM today and was number 6 in line for Retirement extension.  When they gave out the numbers at 8:30 there were only 10 in line.  Finished about 10:00.  It would have been sooner but the guys in front of me either had wrong forms, mistakes, needed to make copies or who knows what, as it took a couple of them a long time.     

• Like 1

14 hours ago, silverhawk_usa said:

Arrived at 7:00 AM today and was number 6 in line for Retirement extension.  When they gave out the numbers at 8:30 there were only 10 in line.  Finished about 10:00.  It would have been sooner but the guys in front of me either had wrong forms, mistakes, needed to make copies or who knows what, as it took a couple of them a long time.     

Only about 10 in the "retirement" line this morning. Both of us done and dusted by 9.45am. Would have been even quicker if I had done a transaction in the bank book- duh! Quick trip upstairs to the update machine and we were sorted.

Probably back at the airport site next year according to the announcements.

Probably have to park at Prom and take transport.:shock1:

And yes, there is a priority system for the aged and infirm, just ask!

Edited by Thailand

On 9/6/2017 at 0:35 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Worth every baht, IMO. Completely stress free and no need to turn up at 4 am.

How much stress is there to getting a photo taken, photocopying a few docs, and fill out a simple form?

Been doing it for 8 yrs and not once have I arrived any earlier than 7 am..... Always had a morning queue except for this last time where I was the second one after lunch.

2 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

How much stress is there to getting a photo taken, photocopying a few docs, and fill out a simple form?

Been doing it for 8 yrs and not once have I arrived any earlier than 7 am..... Always had a morning queue except for this last time where I was the second one after lunch.

For some obviously the most mundane task creates "stress". Maybe the fear of the unknown outcome.Even mailing 90 day reports creates "fear" for some

It would appear that numbers at Imm are down,possibly the time of year with less tourists seeking extensions or more people are using the mail, or online, for 90 day reporting.

Passed the new Imm Office near the Airport this morning,parking it seems will be almost non existent.Hopefully there will be more staff and online appointment facilities restored or we will be wishing everything was back at Promenada

9 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Passed the new Imm Office near the Airport this morning,parking it seems will be almost non existent.Hopefully there will be more staff and online appointment facilities restored or we will be wishing everything was back at Promenada

Previous parking was almost non-existent so I'm not at all surprised if there would be none in the future. I mean really, where would any space for parking come from?

5 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Previous parking was almost non-existent so I'm not at all surprised if there would be none in the future. I mean really, where would any space for parking come from?

Hmm, maybe a parking structure, with the offices on top?  Seems to work for hotels and condos.  They could even charge money to park.  What a concept!

20 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Hmm, maybe a parking structure, with the offices on top?  Seems to work for hotels and condos.  They could even charge money to park.  What a concept!

It won't happen Nancy, it's a government office not a commercial business. Like the majority of government locations they will allow someone else to provide parking space offsite, for pay, and then expect to receive a kickback.

16 hours ago, Sparkles said:

For some obviously the most mundane task creates "stress". Maybe the fear of the unknown outcome.Even mailing 90 day reports creates "fear" for some

It would appear that numbers at Imm are down,possibly the time of year with less tourists seeking extensions or more people are using the mail, or online, for 90 day reporting.

I guess the online appointment system will depend on whether there are any agents resident at the airport imm when it reopens.

There is the prority "retirement" system for the aged and infirm, as I said in a previous post,just ask.

Yesterday the only long queue was for 90 days which simply makes no sense given the options. 

The "retirement" seems to be much shorter nowadays, maybe the "agent" queue is much longer!:smile:

• Like 2

22 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

It won't happen Nancy, it's a government office not a commercial business. Like the majority of government locations they will allow someone else to provide parking space offsite, for pay, and then expect to receive a kickback.

Height limit would also come into play on that site,anyway its too late.

They may do a deal with the empty place next door ,pity the Gov didn't purchase that at build there.

During the week we visited a friend in Lanna Hospital.The original parking area at the hospital was very small.Now they have rented /leased large parcels of land down the road and have electric buggies going back and forth,simply 100's of cars.

Seems "planners" never expected CM's growth ,parking anywhere in CM is becoming a major issue,been to the airport laytley ?

I tried to do my 90 day report online a few days ago,entered everything

on the web site,have been in and out the country,up to date TM30,so I

thought everything would be OK, couple days later,checked FAILED.

no explanation why,so maybe i could correct next time,so just sent

it by post.

regards worgeordie

4 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Height limit would also come into play on that site,anyway its too late.

They may do a deal with the empty place next door ,pity the Gov didn't purchase that at build there.

During the week we visited a friend in Lanna Hospital.The original parking area at the hospital was very small.Now they have rented /leased large parcels of land down the road and have electric buggies going back and forth,simply 100's of cars.

Seems "planners" never expected CM's growth ,parking anywhere in CM is becoming a major issue,been to the airport laytley ?

The empty (well nothing much seems to happen there) space,is also a Government

dept,Weather or Radio communication,but that is some managers fiefdom,and they

would not want to give any of it up,even if it would be common sense,would take an

order from an Official from Bangkok to do that.

So it looks like you will have to park your vehicle at Robinson's or the Airport and walk 

to the Immigration offices,as I am sure there will be even less parking than before,

judging from what i seen the other day.

regards Worgeordie