New Aussie Pie Shop - Jomtien - Delishimo!

Gsxrnz

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think a price range from 80 to 120 baht would be more acceptable and correct pricing, but you're paying for the location.

Well I travelled about 30 minutes each way to try them.

So not convent for me but if it had been a good pie I would have traveled 3 times as far.

Ha- Ho!!

Still hoping for a miracle.

Come on Pattaya

You can do it.

Do they have those pointy plastic tomoato sauce dispenser, where you injected the pie with as much tomato sauce as possible without bursting it..

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

They would guarantee a perfect pie every time. smile.png

I have the tried the London Pie Shop on Chaipruk2 the old Western Wholesale Meat shop, tried steak & ale & Chicken Pot both were tasty and at 85baht well worth it. Don't think I will venture down to this new venture to spend 120 baht on the off chance they might be half decent. Yes I suspect it is prime location attracting higher rent hence the expensive pies.

That Flowerpot bar never ever really took off for some reason .

Jingthing ,amazing that you can post about 20 times - about - a Jomtien pie shop .!

Must be some kind of T. V. record .!

Only because there no Mexican or Indian thread to crayon over.............

You're right about the pastry - excellent. And to me that makes up for the filling that lacks a little something, although I think bland is too strong a word. Let's not forget he's using Thai beef, so the cards are stacked against him from the start.

Nobody forces him to use Thai beef.

Yeah, 150B is a bit high, but compared to the competition I rate them as much better value for money. I haven't tried the vege patty yet, I'll give it a go today.

So he's making a pie using cheap ingredients and is still overpriced?

I might ask him to get some prime Kiwi beef cuts and do a special batch of 20 beef pies for me. He seemed like a nice bloke so may be prepared to do that.

Yeah he might be a nice bloke and willing to do that, but taking in account the price of the one with the Thai beef, that will be 400 Baht then.

I feel sorry for you blokes living here on a pension complaining about having to spend 120฿, really sucks a Pie is going to break you bank account!

I had a Roast lamb pie today, was very tasty. Will even consider going to get one tomorrow, either before or after watching the UFC.

Edited by rws85

No need to rag on pensioners. It's in a higher rent location so if they can't sell their product at a viable price level, it won't be a go, so they're trying to make it go. Nobody's forcing anyone to buy there so shut your pie holes, or don't, and buy some pies.

As far as the question, are they good enough, that's going to a subjective thing, like pizza. You won't know for sure for your own taste unless you give it a try.

Edited by Jingthing

I hope he succeeds and manages to make money.

Although I don't feel they are the best pies I've every had. They are by the far the best I have had in Thailand and better than some I have had back home as well. After missing a good Aussie pie since being here, it is nice to have the option of getting a decent one.

If they are using thai beef that is a bit of a turn off.

The pastry looks like the good stuff from what I can see in the photos so the go would be to buy the chicken pies.

Even thou I am an Aussie the best pies and sausage rolls I reckon I have had were in NZ with Perth WA an honourable second.

The pastry looks like the good stuff from what I can see in the photos so the go would be to buy the chicken pies.

Even thou I am an Aussie the best pies and sausage rolls I reckon I have had were in NZ with Perth WA an honourable second.

Dunsborough bakery in South west W.A. cooked the best pies I ever had.

I feel sorry for you blokes living here on a pension complaining about having to spend 120฿, really sucks a Pie is going to break you bank account!

I had a Roast lamb pie today, was very tasty. Will even consider going to get one tomorrow, either before or after watching the UFC.

I've never had a roast lamb pie before. I'm a fan of lamb - how was it? How much were they?

I've never had a roast lamb pie before. I'm a fan of lamb - how was it? How much were they?
I thought it was very tasty, that and the chicken mornay would be the two I'd recommend so far from what I've tried. I am scared to say how much it was as I might be ridiculed by fellow TV members.

I thought it was very tasty, that and the chicken mornay would be the two I'd recommend so far from what I've tried. I am scared to say how much it was as I might be ridiculed by fellow TV members.

I didn't expect it would be one of the cheap ones. My guess 180 baht???

Had a chunky beef pie there last night and a friend the chicken. I especially enjoyed the crust although my center was lukewarm and lacking in sauce. The kitchen is now downstairs which was part of the problem with Sunrise and SubsnSteaks (kitchen upstairs). Salad and fries combo was 70 baht. I view this as a lunch place and will be back.

Tolley,

lf you're ever in Gin Gin, Qld(NOT Gin Gin WA),& heading north, there is a pie shop in the main street on your left called the "Traveler's Rest".

You can't miss it, it has a huge cut-out of a Crab above the shop.

They sell a variety of pies & are THE BEST pies that l have ever tasted.

Beware if you get a chunky beef, they are also full of delicious gravy & if you bite into it while sitting in your car (as l did!), then you will squirt gravy all over the steering wheel!

l've tried a lot of pies from around the world but these are definitely the best.

They weren't cheap, at $5 per pie, but well worth eating.

Tolley,

lf you're ever in Gin Gin, Qld(NOT Gin Gin WA),& heading north, there is a pie shop in the main street on your left called the "Traveler's Rest".

Beware if you get a chunky beef, they are also full of delicious gravy & if you bite into it while sitting in your car (as l did!), then you will squirt gravy all over the steering wheel!

l've tried a lot of pies from around the world but these are definitely the best.

I like a good pie as much as the next man, but at nearly 150 baht (A$6.00) these aren't cheap either. Come on, 6 bucks for a bloody pie! In Thailand? Sorry, but for 180 baht I can get a Sunday roast with choice of pork, chicken or beef, roast potatoes, cabbage, peas, carrots and Yorkshire pudding. More than I can finish.

Edited by giddyup

Tolley,

I like a good pie as much as the next man, but at nearly 150 baht (A$6.00) these aren't cheap either. Come on, 6 bucks for a bloody pie! In Thailand? Sorry, but for 180 baht I can get a Sunday roast with choice of pork, chicken or beef, roast potatoes, cabbage, peas, carrots and Yorkshire pudding. More than I can finish.

Well if they are really good I don't think 150 baht is unreasonable.

Any food items here that I buy that are good quality are usually cheaper at home.

180 baht is cheap for a roast dinner. Where is that?

Tolley,

I will keep it in mind.

BTW I don't think 5 bucks is expensive if it is really good quality.

When it comes to food I am always prepared to pay more for good quality.

And conversely if a pie costs 2 dollars and is crap then I wouldn't waste my time but plenty of people put cost before quality so each to their own I guess.

Tolley,

Sorry I know it's OT , but where can you get a Sunday roast for 180 baht in Jomtien ?

Edited by balo

Tolley,

Sorry I know it's OT , but where can you get a Sunday roast for 180 baht in Jomtien ?

The dark side, never said it was Jomtien.

Edited by giddyup

Sunday roasts are widely available starting from about 120B. Admittedly the cheapest ones do not have all the extras or the most expensive cuts of meats.

From around 150B one would expect the extras.

Soi Buakow area has plenty of choice, and there must be hundreds of places on the dark side doing such meals. I quite like the Starlight bar at 150B.

Sunday roasts are widely available starting from about 120B. Admittedly the cheapest ones do not have all the extras or the most expensive cuts of meats.

From around 150B one would expect the extras.

Soi Buakow area has plenty of choice, and there must be hundreds of places on the dark side doing such meals. I quite like the Starlight bar at 150B.

Chill Bar, Players Lounge.