We meet Pattaya KFC worker seen feeding foreign disabled customer

webfact

We meet Pattaya KFC worker seen feeding foreign disabled customer

burger-5.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Monday we met the KFC Worker who was photographed helping a disabled foreigner to eat at her restaurant in Central Pattaya last week.

The picture of her assisting the foreign man went viral on Facebook and even made the national news on various Thai TV channels. We met with the 18-year-old Fast Food Restaurant worker on Monday to find out more.

Khun Rasadree works at the KFC located on the Ground Floor of Central Festival Pattaya Beach and confirmed the picture of her feeding the foreigner was taken on 26th December, although she revealed he had been at the restaurant on 25th December and was fed by another of her colleagues but no one took a photo of that encounter.

The foreign wheelchair-bound man, whose name and nationality is unknown, had ordered a Chicken Meal worth 199 Baht, but he only had 100 Baht in his pocket. The team at KFC clubbed together and paid the extra 99 Baht.

Source: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/220206/we-meet-pattaya-kfc-worker-seen-feeding-foreign-disabled-customer/#prettyPhoto

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-12-29

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At last the real face of the greater majority of Thai people, we are not all bad as you can plainly or wish to see.

This girl needs to be in the headlines for her act.

"This girl needs to be in the headlines for her act."

Certainly a kind thing to do and she deserves credit for it, as did the fisherman who let two foreigners climb on his back in the mud when they found themselves stuck while photographing birds or the numerous Thai people who discover & return lost money or luggage to foreign travelers, but kind, caring Thai people are not all that rare even in Pattaya. I meet them regularly as do most of us who bother to open our eyes.

At last the real face of the greater majority of Thai people, we are not all bad as you can plainly or wish to see.

The really sad thing about this story is exactly that....how did you put it....

Has humanity and kindness become such a rare thing amongst us human beings, have we sunk so low that when it is observed in action it.... "needs to be in the headlines".

God help us all if that is the case....what should hit the headlines is when one of us refuses to show love and consideration to our fellow man.

This is one of the reasons I find myself becoming more and more "reclusive" the older I get.

Rather than eat at KFC so often, he should eat local food so he can pay his way. Healthier too.

Read the story for what it is you sad, sad man.

I thought the comment was valid, and I agree with it.

OK the man is in a wheelchair (and possibly mentally disturbed) and allowances must be made, but even so it is not reasonable for anyone to order a 199B meal when they only have 100B in their pocket. There's no shortage of sub-100B places to eat at here that provide better nourishment than KFC.

I should add that I was surprised that the outlet manager didn't waive the 99B shortage when congratulating his staff rather than let them pay for it themselves. Perhaps managers in Thailand dont have that authority.

Yes, but let's consider how hard it must be getting-around in a wheelchair here!? It's like negotiating a bloody obstacle course when I go on my frequent long walks in Bangkok!

Good karma will no doubt be forthcoming to this young lady.

i have no doubt this was a very nice gesture on behalf of the kfc staff to feed the disabled man they must be aware he may very well be counting on his disability to get free or cheap meals he ordered a chicken meal priced at 199 baht only had 100 baht in his pocket?

Yes,Why is this guy here ? If he seems to not be able to afford his meals and relies on others,send him to his home to live off his government.

i have no doubt this was a very nice gesture on behalf of the kfc staff to feed the disabled man they must be aware he may very well be counting on his disability to get free or cheap meals he ordered a chicken meal priced at 199 baht only had 100 baht in his pocket?

Yes,Why is this guy here ? If he seems to not be able to afford his meals and relies on others,send him to his home to live off his government.

Huge assumption there.

Happy New Year!:(

You've never accidentally left home without cash? What a really bad attitude you have.

Certainly a kind thing to do and she deserves credit for it, as did the fisherman who let two foreigners climb on his back in the mud when they found themselves stuck while photographing birds or the numerous Thai people who discover & return lost money or luggage to foreign travelers, but kind, caring Thai people are not all that rare even in Pattaya. I meet them regularly as do most of us who bother to open our eyes.

My son is a wheel chair user and suffers many issues. A general observation, and I know it's never good to generalize, but I've noticed he receives far more kindnesses and attention outside of Europe than in. In Thailand many people go out of the way to be friendly to him, including police, civil servants, doctors and nurses, waitresses, shop assistants, security guards, monks, and copious amounts of old and young ladies whom he attracts like a magnet. The attendants at the local cinema open the back exits for him, and come to help when we leave. Sure some people gawk and stare and are ignorant, but that is the minority. When we lived in the UAE there was never any shortage of volunteers to help negotiate stairs etc in malls and at the airport. Sometimes a policeman or porter, sometimes a laborer returning home for his holidays. In the UK he's often treated as an inconvenience by shops, malls and airport security.

Different mentality.

Who knows what lead to this situation. Perhaps he just wanted to get out on his own for a bit without his compadres, show a bit of independence. Good on him, if that's the case. Then he probably didn't realise he had little money on him, and just wanted a familiar snack. Good on the KFC staff - they're great folk in my eyes..

To the cynics - we need the occasional story like this - it reminds us of our humanity, especially in Pattaya which has become such a sh*t-fight of late.

KFC employee to be awarded for her kindness to a disabled man

BANGKOK, 29 December 2015 (NNT) - A KFC employee in Pattaya will be awarded a certificate for her kindness after a photo of her feeding food to a disabled man went viral on social media.

An 18 year old female, Kulasatree Sunhoh, has been identified as a woman in the picture. She said a foreign man on a wheelchair came to the fast food restaurant chain on Christmas Day once where one of the KFC employees also fed him a meal.

Ms. Kulasatree decided to feed the same man during his second visit to the restaurant on the following day when she was not too busy. The female good Samaritan did not realize somebody took a photo of her and shared it on social media.

Ms. Kulasatree said she felt happy to have helped the man. The KFC store manager at Central Pattaya Beach, Wandee Noppaket, said she was proud that the company’s employees gave good service to the clients. She added that Ms. Kulasatree will be awarded a certificate in recognition for her service and kindness.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-12-29 footer_n.gif