Police raid Russian Go-Go Bars in South Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I just have a couple of questions related to this.

First, why would anyone want to spend time with one of those Russian girls? The look on the one girls face to the left in the original post seems like a true example of the looks on these girls faces 95% of the time. Unfriendly and condescending.

Next, why are so many Russians here? They generally seem unhappy loud, unfriendly, Pi OFF, complaining, arrogant for no particular reason.

Maybe they enjoy trying to intimidate the Thais with their Mafia approach?

They generally seem to be unhappy with life so why?

Feel bad for women...No one dreams of becoming a hooker when they are kids...Its the least desirable profession for a women all over the planet and even then they are not left alone by society.

Where is the compassion?

...Do we really think..A women in Asaka, Uzbekistan always wanted to be a hooker in Pattaya ?

Ok..Lets have a balance here..I dare the so called moral law enforcers who are "merely" doing the job by following the law and the journalists who follow them around, to now write the profiles of these women, the reason they are actually here in Pattaya, the hardships, the pain, the sacrifice they did to come here in Thailand, how many kids they have, family members they support etc....DON't FORGET the Pimps and Mafia who take max share from their income.

Once, you have printed their story in Thai newspapers, lets see, how much sympathy these cops will get from Thai's.

By arresting these women, they are also making the life's of those around them miserable back home in Russia and Uzbekistan.

Live and Let Live...

You are absolutely right.

I have asked on many posts- when did prostitution become socially acceptable. I have a good friend who works- she says sometimes 30-40 men a day ( not in Thailand)

Think about those footballers whose video went viral- they ( with their pea brains ) thought it was OK.

If the General closed down every beer bar and go-go - would that be a bad thing?

The nature of the beast is that probably a huge percentage of TV members always put the availability of cheap women as the main reason they live here. Exploit the poor Issan girls- never mind.

And don't tell me- the oldest profession in the world .

This country could be fantastic- if it stops attracting the exploitative low life from across the world .

When did gambling become socially acceptable?

How about homosexuality?

You can go on and on peoples alleged socially unacceptable behaviors.

Prostitution is a very stupid law and waste of time and money to enforce. It is financial agreement between 2 adults for a service.

But, some peoples upbringing or religious backgrounds makes them feel necessary to judge others.

Feel bad for women...No one dreams of becoming a hooker when they are kids...Its the least desirable profession for a women all over the planet and even then they are not left alone by society.

Where is the compassion?

...Do we really think..A women in Asaka, Uzbekistan always wanted to be a hooker in Pattaya ?

Ok..Lets have a balance here..I dare the so called moral law enforcers who are "merely" doing the job by following the law and the journalists who follow them around, to now write the profiles of these women, the reason they are actually here in Pattaya, the hardships, the pain, the sacrifice they did to come here in Thailand, how many kids they have, family members they support etc....DON't FORGET the Pimps and Mafia who take max share from their income.

Once, you have printed their story in Thai newspapers, lets see, how much sympathy these cops will get from Thai's.

By arresting these women, they are also making the life's of those around them miserable back home in Russia and Uzbekistan.

Live and Let Live...

I have asked on many posts- when did prostitution become socially acceptable. I have a good friend who works- she says sometimes 30-40 men a day ( not in Thailand)

Think about those footballers whose video went viral- they ( with their pea brains ) thought it was OK.

If the General closed down every beer bar and go-go - would that be a bad thing?

The nature of the beast is that probably a huge percentage of TV members always put the availability of cheap women as the main reason they live here. Exploit the poor Issan girls- never mind.

This country could be fantastic- if it stops attracting the exploitative low life from across the world .

When did gambling become socially acceptable?

How about homosexuality?

You can go on and on peoples alleged socially unacceptable behaviors.

Prostitution is a very stupid law and waste of time and money to enforce. It is financial agreement between 2 adults for a service.

But, some peoples upbringing or religious backgrounds makes them feel necessary to judge others.

Fortunately prostitution is well regulated in Thailand and as long as it is kept "discreet" is just part of the culture.

From the Pattaya One article, they say a number of customers were arrested because they didn't have their 'original' passport with them and may be fined. The use of the word original seems to imply they had a copy which previous reports said was okay. Seems to continue the confusing and conflicting info disseminated.

You need to carry your original passport on you at all times! It has always been this way! So there is nothing confusing about it!

There is just some people who don't like these rules and thus try to avoid them by playing around in the "Grey Area" and carrying Photo Copies or Mobile Phone Copies, instead of there Original Passport. Some get away with this on a Road Side Check, and some don't, as in this raid of this bar.

If you carry your Original Passport on you, and you are here legally, you will not experience any problems. I can't see anything less confusing that this.

I have been living in Thailand now for 5 years, and have a Thai driver Licence which has my passport number written on it, In 5 years you can imagine I have been asked to show my passport many times both in accommodation and police, they always except my driver licence of proof who I am

Please advise how many times you have been asked for you passport by police?

I lived and worked in Thailand for 20 years and drive all over Thailand for my work. I have only been asked once at military check point for my passport. All other times they have only asked for my driver license. Hotels yes, they always ask for my passport. I only carry my passport with me when I will be gone for 2-3 days, if just running around town or just a 1 day trip I leave my passport at home in my safe.

These places are some of the best kept secrets in Pattaya. Drinks are expensive but I think you get what you pay for. Thai girls can get tiring. Last time I had a couple Russian girls give me company. Had amazing tits. I'd rate them as 10 out of 10 in terms of attractiveness. Money does go (very)quickly but it is still money well spent.wink.png

These places are some of the best kept secrets in Pattaya. Drinks are expensive but I think you get what you pay for. Thai girls can get tiring. Last time I had a couple Russian girls give me company. Had amazing tits. I'd rate them as 10 out of 10 in terms of attractiveness. Money does go (very)quickly but it is still money well spent.wink.png

Are you Russian?

I went once and what a rip off. Much more aggressive then the Thai gogo's and super expensive.

It is all up to the guy but I don't find the Russian girls attractive at all. I guess they are if you like tall and thin and a stoic look on their faces and lousy performances.

Certainly not for me.

When I lived in China there were almost as many Russian etc.. Hoes as there were Chinese, and that is saying something.

They make a killing there because they are white and tall and know how to throw it around properly. Not just stand there and move their hips.

I would say that some high up police guy got the cold shoulder and this is revenge.

what do you mean by hoes? the farm hoe that makes the ground sofe? or are you being a smart ass with the black language!

Are you Russian?

I went once and what a rip off. Much more aggressive then the Thai gogo's and super expensive.

It is all up to the guy but I don't find the Russian girls attractive at all. I guess they are if you like tall and thin and a stoic look on their faces and lousy performances.

Certainly not for me.

I am a regular customer of the Russian clubs. They will not bother you as much if you ignore them a little. Same as the Thai gogos, just a hair bit more expensive for drink prices. Where else are you going to find such attractive pole dancing women?

Some appear to think that the sex market for foreigners visiting Thailand is huge and the root of all evil. The sex market for Thai's with Thai's is significantly greater but because it isn't 'in your face' like the western-oriented locales, most Thailand neophytes tend to think it's all about foreign exploitation. Common mistake and no harm done.

And then some go further and postulate that the bulk of this forums membership is probably up to their nuts in guts every moment of their sordid sad lives and all banging the local hookers that all those hookers come from the northeast.

That's quite entertaining I think.

I'm no conspiracy theorist, but I suspect that these raids are linked to the perceived terrorist threat against Russian interests in Thailand.

Shut down the business, remove a potential target.

Just a thought...

I'd say it's just more of the same. Gogos are regularly raided and it was only a matter of time before the so-called Russian bars were included.

Sigh. So apparently the info given last year by the Immigration official is already out-dated ?

"Earlier this afternoon, Thaivisa.com spoke to Deputy Commander and Police Colonel Voravat Amornvivat, a senior official at Immigration headquarters in Bangkok.

Deputy Commander Voravat wanted to reassure the expat community in Thailand about the current situation.

He told Thaivsia.com that information in an article published by The Nation on 31 July 2014, was incorrect.

Deputy Commander Voravat confirmed that foreign tourists and expats do not need to carry their passports with them at all times.

He said that tourists can of course leave their passports locked in their hotel safe and enjoy their holiday in Thailand without worrying about the need to carry their original passport.

Deputy Commander Voravat also said that for expats living here, a Thai driving license or photocopy of your passport can be used as a form of identification.

However, if Immigration Police suspect an individual to be overstaying in Thailand or being involved in illegal activity, then the individual would be required to produce their original passport promptly."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/747736-no-need-to-worry-says-bangkok-immigration-commander/?p=8178268

Not that it makes any difference. If someone in one department makes a statement and then it isn't passed on to everyone else in every department, every time they change staff, then within weeks the info will be forgotten and we'd be back to the beginning (again).

"...do not need to carry their passports with them at all times."

Evidently while patronizing a Russian Go Go bar is one of the times you DO need to carry your passport.....

Sigh. So apparently the info given last year by the Immigration official is already out-dated ?

"Earlier this afternoon, Thaivisa.com spoke to Deputy Commander and Police Colonel Voravat Amornvivat, a senior official at Immigration headquarters in Bangkok.

Deputy Commander Voravat wanted to reassure the expat community in Thailand about the current situation.

He told Thaivsia.com that information in an article published by The Nation on 31 July 2014, was incorrect.

Deputy Commander Voravat confirmed that foreign tourists and expats do not need to carry their passports with them at all times.

He said that tourists can of course leave their passports locked in their hotel safe and enjoy their holiday in Thailand without worrying about the need to carry their original passport.

Deputy Commander Voravat also said that for expats living here, a Thai driving license or photocopy of your passport can be used as a form of identification.

However, if Immigration Police suspect an individual to be overstaying in Thailand or being involved in illegal activity, then the individual would be required to produce their original passport promptly."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/747736-no-need-to-worry-says-bangkok-immigration-commander/?p=8178268

Not that it makes any difference. If someone in one department makes a statement and then it isn't passed on to everyone else in every department, every time they change staff, then within weeks the info will be forgotten and we'd be back to the beginning (again).

"...do not need to carry their passports with them at all times."

Evidently while patronizing a Russian Go Go bar is one of the times you DO need to carry your passport.....

I would imagine that those detained were chosen for reasons other than not having their passports with them.

From the Pattaya One article, they say a number of customers were arrested because they didn't have their 'original' passport with them and may be fined. The use of the word original seems to imply they had a copy which previous reports said was okay. Seems to continue the confusing and conflicting info disseminated.

As has been pointed out many times, it is the law here with regards to having your passport on you. Thais have to carry their ID at all times. We have to prove we are in the country legally. The only way to do this is to have your passport on you with a valid visa stamp. It's up to the official on the scene as to whether they will accept other forms of ID or copies, or give you time to go retrieve your documents. In this case, they demanded the original. Not the first time this has happened.

It may be the law but I don't carry my PP with me all the time and I especially wouldn't carry it when out on the town. I would rather pay the fine than lose the PP. But then, in twelve years I have never been asked to produce my passport by any authority except at Immigration and even when I forget it at home when on holiday the hotel accepts my DL as proper ID.

Tip.

I have like you always used my Driving licence for hotel.

But the last 3 times over a 6 month period in different parts of Thailand, they have demanded P/P, no P/P no room.

Whether or not a copy is accepted depends on how much the police officer needs money. When they are rounding up funds for their New Years party you will need the original to avoid being nabbed, but a few days after the copy will be enough.

I have been at a loss to understand why the Thai Bar owners have permitted the Russians to openly compete ?

Surely they must have laid complaints with immigration before this ?

Russians also running bars in Samui, and I assume Phuket ?

I never understood why the police didn't close them. To me it looks like working without a workpermit.

All my Thai girls have amazing tits.

As has been pointed out many times, it is the law here with regards to having your passport on you. Thais have to carry their ID at all times. We have to prove we are in the country legally. The only way to do this is to have your passport on you with a valid visa stamp. It's up to the official on the scene as to whether they will accept other forms of ID or copies, or give you time to go retrieve your documents. In this case, they demanded the original. Not the first time this has happened.

And is silly. Get your passport stolen and you may have lost your job not just a document. It has been stated before by I think the Chief of Police that a copy is sufficient provided you can show the original passport if required. Every country in the world tells you to lock away and dont carry valuable documents which includes your passport yet here in Thailand mixed messages are sent out and create untold problems for people. It is an obvious way to attract tourists

And is silly. Get your passport stolen and you may have lost your job not just a document. It has been stated before by I think the Chief of Police that a copy is sufficient provided you can show the original passport if required. Every country in the world tells you to lock away and dont carry valuable documents which includes your passport yet here in Thailand mixed messages are sent out and create untold problems for people. It is an obvious way to attract tourists

The link to that statement is here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/747736-no-need-to-worry-says-bangkok-immigration-commander/

With the commander saying this:

However, if Immigration Police suspect an individual to be overstaying in Thailand or being involved in illegal activity, then the individual would be required to produce their original passport promptly.

Deputy Commander Voravat referred to Section 58, which reads as follows:

Any alien who has no lawful document for entering the Kingdom under section 12(1);....under this Act; and has no identification in accordance with the Law on Alien registration, is considered to have entered the Kingdom in violation of the Act.

Entering or staying in Thailand without holding a valid passport and visa/extension is subject a fine and possible prison sentence.

“But if we think a foreigner is involved in illegal activity then we will of course need to see their original passport, this is normal”, said Deputy Commander Voravat.

The document he is referring to is your passport with a valid visa stamp. Many countries require you to carry your passport at all times. With serious consequences if you don't. Luckily, Thailand is not one of those...most of the time....

I have been at a loss to understand why the Thai Bar owners have permitted the Russians to openly compete ?

Surely they must have laid complaints with immigration before this ?

Russians also running bars in Samui, and I assume Phuket ?

I never understood why the police didn't close them. To me it looks like working without a workpermit.

Also the potential for human trafficking (from the authorities/tea money point of view I mean).

Imagine if a Brit, an Aussie or an American opened one of these bars so brazenly, with their countrywomen cavorting in them, handing out leaflets on Walking Street and acting as waitresses inside, all without work permits. How long do you think they'd last? It speaks volumes about the Pattaya police that they allowed this to go on, but in the land of daily head-shaking news articles, what's one more about corruption and Russian prostitutes?

As we had discussed yesterday at lunch. I started carrying my passport last night. Have it in a nice clear plastic shield to keep it protected. Better to have it with me and not worry than not have at that one time in a thousand that they demand it. I consider it as an insurance policy. You only need it when something bad happens and if you don't have it....bad things can happen.

Well have a ball when your "insurance policy" gets stolen. I know I did.