Are well priced Pattaya resale condos selling now, or not?

Jingthing

Actually, plenty of people would like to live in central Pattaya, including my partner and me. VT6 and Northshore have been successful. We lived in Pratamnack and we lived in Jomtien. Both are fine, I think, for part-timers. We live here year-round and driving into Pattaya 3 and 4 times a week to do things just got to be too much with the traffic. So we moved into town and like it. (You can live in Pattaya and actually not set foot in a bar.)

On other matters, yes a 22 sqm condo is indeed small but I would have loved a tiny getaway place like that at the beach when I was working in USA. Couldn't afford it--but lots of BKK residents can and they have probably been the main buyers. For example, we met a Thai female BKK college professor who bought one of the 22sqm units and she comes on weekends and goes back Monday mornings. It's not always just about farangs.

Now, that guy isn't STILL counting the lights on to determine the well-being of a condo is he? So, 8 lights on at the rear--uhh, those are the ones facing east with no seaview that are going to be the last to sell. Instead, why doesn't he count the number of balconies with underwear drying? That would be about as scientific. I think 80% sold in a difficult market is a good track record for a condo open only a few months. Many other condos, like VT7 open 5 years now and the back wings almost empty, would like that sales rate.

There isn't 80% sold, stop that disillusion, there is 80% booked which is a completely different animal and even than you have to believe them.

How do you explain that my friend went to the Sansiri office last week and asked for 1 room apartments and was shown a list with only 3 available, while i went this weekend, asked the same question and was shown 5 available?

The same counts for Centric, they just tell you what they want. If you look at the building and 90% of the windows, East as well as West, still have the brown paper on the windows then that means they are not occupied yet.

Te real give away is that the highest 5 floors have the paper removed, so how do you explain that the 5 highest floors took delivery already but coincidental all of the floors below didn't?

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was pointing out that Lumpini Park Beach Jomtien is a special case for Lumpini projects. It's priced higher because it is, frankly, much nicer and has more amenities on a much larger land area than most Lumpini projects. It's also direct ocean front. Lumpini Seaview, also in Jomtien, is more like their typical green and tan BKK projects. LPN Seaview is advertising small 1 bedrooms of 22 sqm for 999,999 baht and I don't think that price is much different from what it would be in BKK.

In my view, they are just boxes in a wind trap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know where you are looking but I see curtains on more than just the top floors at Centric. The most seem to be on the west and south, fewer on the north and east. Remember the condo has only been open a few months.

I don't want to claim that there isn't a single window with curtains below the 39th or 27th floor, but it's obvious that the majority is on the top 5 floors.

So again how do you explain that that only the most favorable units have been taken possession of and the the others not?

I don't know where you are looking but I see curtains on more than just the top floors at Centric. The most seem to be on the west and south, fewer on the north and east. Remember the condo has only been open a few months.

I don't want to claim that there isn't a single window with curtains below the 39th or 27th floor, but it's obvious that the majority is on the top 5 floors.

So again how do you explain that that only the most favorable units have been taken possession of and the the others not?

When I moved into my new developed condo I was surprised how few had actually transferred within 6- 9 months of being able to. No hurry, snags still to be finished..simply they were not for living in.

A few years later, there are a significant number of condos where the owner has never visited, been once or twice. Yet we were sold out.

My impression is that a lot of Thais own multiple units in multiple locations , buy and sit..

It's hard to evaluate from just looking at a building what is going on.

Thanks, Huawei. That's been my experience, too, with new condos. It's early days with Centric. It took some time for people to move into Lumpini Park Beach when I lived there. Even now, I know of some condos there that have been bought but the owners haven't done anything with them yet. Likely true with Centric, too. The Base opens in one or two months. Maybe we should all take a breather and check back in 6 months and see how Centric Sea and The Base are doing then.

Thanks, Huawei. That's been my experience, too, with new condos. It's early days with Centric. It took some time for people to move into Lumpini Park Beach when I lived there. Even now, I know of some condos there that have been bought but the owners haven't done anything with them yet. Likely true with Centric, too. The Base opens in one or two months. Maybe we should all take a breather and check back in 6 months and see how Centric Sea and The Base are doing then.

No need to wait 6 months,verdicts in now...and its crap. As for those absent Thai owners,that only condemns the buildings to a slow death,no maintenance paid for upkeep

Actually, plenty of people would like to live in central Pattaya, including my partner and me. VT6 and Northshore have been successful. We lived in Pratamnack and we lived in Jomtien. Both are fine, I think, for part-timers. We live here year-round and driving into Pattaya 3 and 4 times a week to do things just got to be too much with the traffic. So we moved into town and like it. (You can live in Pattaya and actually not set foot in a bar.)

On other matters, yes a 22 sqm condo is indeed small but I would have loved a tiny getaway place like that at the beach when I was working in USA. Couldn't afford it--but lots of BKK residents can and they have probably been the main buyers. For example, we met a Thai female BKK college professor who bought one of the 22sqm units and she comes on weekends and goes back Monday mornings. It's not always just about farangs.

Now, that guy isn't STILL counting the lights on to determine the well-being of a condo is he? So, 8 lights on at the rear--uhh, those are the ones facing east with no seaview that are going to be the last to sell. Instead, why doesn't he count the number of balconies with underwear drying? That would be about as scientific. I think 80% sold in a difficult market is a good track record for a condo open only a few months. Many other condos, like VT7 open 5 years now and the back wings almost empty, would like that sales rate.

That's fine, as long as you don't then complain that there are hookers with old men in the street.

However, perhaps you can explain the attraction of living right in Pattaya UNLESS you want to set foot in the bars? Given the many other places to live near Pattaya with less traffic problems and access to everything that Pattaya offers, why?

Surely it's not for the beach!

I just don't get it.

If you don't want the bars, wouldn't Jomptien be a far better option? The beach is way superior, and they have a walkway along it too. PLEASE explain. What is in Pattaya that doesn't involve bars, but is better than Jomptien?

That's fine, as long as you don't then complain that there are hookers with old men in the street.

However, perhaps you can explain the attraction of living right in Pattaya UNLESS you want to set foot in the bars? Given the many other places to live near Pattaya with less traffic problems and access to everything that Pattaya offers, why?

I just don't get it.

If you don't want the bars, wouldn't Jomptien be a far better option? The beach is way superior, and they have a walkway along it too. PLEASE explain. What is in Pattaya that doesn't involve bars, but is better than Jomptien?

The fact that you keep repeating that Pattaya in your view only consists of bars and hookers, illustrates how shortsighted you are.

Really boring you are.

I just don't get it.

The fact that you keep repeating that Pattaya in your view only consists of bars and hookers, illustrates how shortsighted you are.

Really boring you are.

He should of realised its also got a lot of shonky builders and realtors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Restaurants and shops?

I live in Jomtien because it's nicer but I still go to Pattaya several times a week to eat and shop. Had places like Centric Sea been built when I moved to Jomtien I might have thought twice about moving but I certainly didn't want to live in one of those many low-rise places with no view at the back of the Avenue.

No need to wait 6 months,verdicts in now...and its crap. As for those absent Thai owners,that only condemns the buildings to a slow death,no maintenance paid for upkeep

Why do you think because a building isn't occupied people don't pay their cam fees. Good quality building, usually good quality individuals who tend to follow the rules and pay up.

My condo has 95% cam fees paid. We chase those who don't to court..no problem. I find most people honest even if they have more than one property which most have.

We live in central Pattaya now because we can walk out our door and it's an easy walk to Central Festival to the south or Central Center to the north. Movies in English, which we like to go to, are also close by at Avenue and Festival. Pattaya International Hospital is a short walk or we can hop on a baht bus on Second Road. Bangkok Hospital is not far, too. Lots of restaurants everywhere you look and fresh fruit and vegetable stalls are close by. All the banks are walking distance, as are haircut places, dentists, etc. Big C Extra is a short drive on back streets and Harbor Mall will be close when it opens. We like to have an oceanview but we don't swim in the ocean or sit on the beach so the ocean we see in Pattaya is fine--and interesting with all the boats and activity. The beach promenade, which we do like to walk, is probably as nice as Jomtien's (and maybe more shade)and it's fun people watching. When we do take the car to go someplace like Index, it's always a much shorter and less stressful drive than it would be from Jomtien. But, Jomtien might be a better choice for lots of people--especially if they are only here part of the year.

'Affordable' is, of course, relative. In central Pattaya, a studio or one bedroom highrise with seaview in the 3MB price range is considered affordable. In comparison, a bigger 1 bedroom at Northshore is in the 7 to 8MB range. Not so affordable for most. Large studios at VT6 are around 4 to 4.5MB. So, in that context, The Base and Centric Sea are affordable relative to what else is available--especially newer build. Some may not want to live in a small box but, clearly, others do. I checked Hipflat, nice site, by the way, and the asking price per sqm for Centric Sea condos listed there is 99,424 Baht and up 4.08% from last year. The Base does even better--102,656 Baht per sqm, but down 0.66% from last year. Asking price and selling price will vary, as one poster noted, but it does serve as a starting point and a barometer as to where prices are at a given time. I find BKK condo prices at excellent locations by a subway station to be just as high as Pattaya and rents are generally lower. As for Lumpini, it's true that they build many projects geared to the lower middle class but not all of them fall into that category. Lumpini Park Beach Jomtien is in an entirely different class. I doubt many Lumpini projects have units in the 12 million baht price range but Park Beach does. Tons of amenities. Skip the 12MB units; the smaller 1 and 2 bedrooms offer better value there. Lots of absentee BKK owners so the complex is rarely busy, except on holiday weekends.

What I don't get is why any sane person would pay 3 million for a place in Central Pattaya. Jomptien yes, Naklua yes, but central Pattaya 55555555555555

Pattya was, is and always will be a 'hole with a crappy beach, terrible traffic, appalling infrastructure and a City Hall running it into the ground with inappropriate overdevelopment, while trying to persuade the masses that it is a world class tourist destination, which it is not and never will be.

Even the richest person has, at some stage, to emerge from their concrete habitat and face the reality, unless they start building helipads on top of the condos.

sex tourists have money. its just that businesses dont want to call em that.......hahaha..

lets be real-not much in pattaya to interest the non-sex conosieur.

Just a quick question.

Is it true Thais do not want to buy resales, only new properties?

Someone told me this so I was just wondering.

The less bright ones do often prefer new over used. They particularly dont like places where someone may have died, or where some other "bad luck" may have happened.

'Affordable' is, of course, relative. In central Pattaya, a studio or one bedroom highrise with seaview in the 3MB price range is considered affordable. In comparison, a bigger 1 bedroom at Northshore is in the 7 to 8MB range. Not so affordable for most. Large studios at VT6 are around 4 to 4.5MB. So, in that context, The Base and Centric Sea are affordable relative to what else is available--especially newer build. Some may not want to live in a small box but, clearly, others do. I checked Hipflat, nice site, by the way, and the asking price per sqm for Centric Sea condos listed there is 99,424 Baht and up 4.08% from last year. The Base does even better--102,656 Baht per sqm, but down 0.66% from last year. Asking price and selling price will vary, as one poster noted, but it does serve as a starting point and a barometer as to where prices are at a given time. I find BKK condo prices at excellent locations by a subway station to be just as high as Pattaya and rents are generally lower. As for Lumpini, it's true that they build many projects geared to the lower middle class but not all of them fall into that category. Lumpini Park Beach Jomtien is in an entirely different class. I doubt many Lumpini projects have units in the 12 million baht price range but Park Beach does. Tons of amenities. Skip the 12MB units; the smaller 1 and 2 bedrooms offer better value there. Lots of absentee BKK owners so the complex is rarely busy, except on holiday weekends.

What I don't get is why any sane person would pay 3 million for a place in Central Pattaya. Jomptien yes, Naklua yes, but central Pattaya 55555555555555

Pattya was, is and always will be a 'hole with a crappy beach, terrible traffic, appalling infrastructure and a City Hall running it into the ground with inappropriate overdevelopment, while trying to persuade the masses that it is a world class tourist destination, which it is not and never will be.

Even the richest person has, at some stage, to emerge from their concrete habitat and face the reality, unless they start building helipads on top of the condos.

sex tourists have money. its just that businesses dont want to call em that.......hahaha..

There are a lot more people catching the baht bus from Jomtien to Pattaya then there are the opposite.

Gee, I wonder why?

Exactly, but mongers that only spend a couple of weeks a year in Pattaya are not going to be buying condos. The rich ones just stay in more expensive hotels.

Just a quick question.

Is it true Thais do not want to buy resales, only new properties?

Someone told me this so I was just wondering.

The less bright ones do often prefer new over used. They particularly dont like places where someone may have died, or where some other "bad luck" may have happened.

OK, thanks. I know there was a condo complex in BKK that they would not buy new because several workers died during the build.

Bad luck got it thanks.

I received a mail today from the developer I bought a condo from in 2011 that they now offer new units with 7% discount if I buy now. They must be getting desperate........

Plenty of decent restaurants here, and even some good ones.

I personally lost interest in Thai hookers when the asking price went above 200B. They aren't worth it.

All relative same real estate.

Most ask 700b now. But similar services could run 10,000 in the states.

Edited by bkk6060

I received a mail today from the developer I bought a condo from in 2011 that they now offer new units with 7% discount if I buy now. They must be getting desperate........

As I know which project you're talking about, 70% would have been more appropriate.

i just bought a condo in usa. about what a nice 1 or 2 bed in thailand costs. i wouldnt be surprised if in 20-25 yeras it sells for $500,000 ...............hahahaha.

Can you say that about pattaya property?

Don't know what you paid for it, but yeah, it might.

But I've been looking at condos for sale in the USA and the price histories and some of them are selling for MASSIVE losses based on their purchase price.

So you never know.

i just bought a condo in usa. about what a nice 1 or 2 bed in thailand costs. i wouldnt be surprised if in 20-25 yeras it sells for $500,000 ...............hahahaha.

Detroit won't appreciate much.

Detroit won't appreciate much.

It will in 20 years.

Years ago the Washington Redskins had a colorful coach named George Allen and his favorite expression was "the future is now". 60something and retired, I find the future is now, too. So, in regard to whether the USA condo will be worth more in 25 years than the Pattaya condo, I have no idea. What I do know for certain is that in the here and now, the Pattaya condo will cost me far less in monthly expenses--around $90-$145 USA dollars a month for the Pattaya condo (depending on the fee per sqm) vs. around $450 USA dollars in monthly expenses for the condo in USA. For me, living on a small pension and social security, that extra money each month vs, what I would be paying in USA, is helpful.