Two bikes collide head- on, 1 dead, in South Pattaya

rooster59

Two bikes collide head- on, 1 dead, in South Pattaya

crash-5.jpg?fit=610%2C393

PATTAYA: Just before daybreak on Saturday, two motorbikes were involved in a head-on collision in South Pattaya resulting in one of the drivers losing his life.

The crash occurred inside Soi 8 off the Tepprasit Road and involved a Honda Click motorbike driven by Khun Songot aged 23, who was injured and taken to Hospital, and a Honda Wave bike driven by Khun Orlot aged 25 who was declared dead-at-the-scene.

A witness to the crash, Khun Gitisak aged 31, told Police that he was with his girlfriend and the pair were on their bike driving to purchase food, when they saw the bike of Khun Songot head towards them at high-speed. Khun Gitisak described how he took evasive action to avoid a head-on collision, however the bike behind him, driven by the deceased victim, was not so lucky.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/220327/two-bikes-collide-head-on-1-dead-in-south-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-01-03

Amazing again the driver that caused the collision lived and an innocent person dies.

It happens worldwide.

Such death rarely happen worldwide because only countries that are near achieving nirvana do not impose the crash helmets rule...

They really don't care what they do...

Parents don't teach them nothing

The Govt doesn't give a damn

Teachers don't teach common sense (they cant because they where never taught it)

Schools allow kids to ride to school, unlicensed and no helmet

I may be generalizing, but that's how I see it... !

And this is one of the results from basic stupidity

Teachers don't teach common sense (they cant because they where never taught it)

One can't blame stupidity. After all, the trend line of IQ levels in this country is falling...

You hit the nail.

Learning how to make "Tamboon" to the monks is more important for the school than education.

Finishing University studies with an education level slightly above a monkey.

TIT

So sad for the deceased to have his life snuffed out by an irresponsible dirtbag. ID, of course, will get a slap on the wrist by the police after he apologizes to the family, and will be back on the road being an ID again pretty soon.

Yes one of those scumbags that drives against the traffic flow without regards of others. They really get to me at times, rather then going a bit further and take a U turn they drive against traffic. Real dangerous an other reason not to drive on the most left lane.

They leave it up to karma....if they gonna die they gonna die....no matter licenced, wear a helmet, drive a benz...etc. Funny how most accidents involve bikes though...does they mean they have bad karma...?

So sad for the deceased to have his life snuffed out by an irresponsible dirtbag. ID, of course, will get a slap on the wrist by the police after he apologizes to the family, and will be back on the road being an ID again pretty soon.

Yes one of those scumbags that drives against the traffic flow without regards of others. They really get to me at times, rather then going a bit further and take a U turn they drive against traffic. Real dangerous an other reason not to drive on the most left lane.

Is that what happened? The report does not mention anything about a U-turn, or even if I'm being pedantic, driving against the traffic flow. One could surmise this, but the report is unclear.

And yes, if you are correct, the injured driver was totally reckless and should be severely punished, and made to make retribution to the victim's family. RIP to the deceased victim.

Last night, I was going to the gas station in Kata to fill up, when coming around a corner a scooter with two chinese tourists came heading straight to me on my side of the road and I made it just around these blockheads. It can happen everywhere sad.png

Just like yesterday when I went to make a left turn and there were vehicles parked on the corner that I could not see around. I made the left turn and lo and behold some young girl was driving the wrong way next to the parked vehicles. Luckily I was paying attention and was able to avoid a crash.

The only question I have, was the driver who was going the wrong way have his lights on ?

That is my greatest fear at night, that I will run into one of these idiots and won't be able to prove that they were not visible

Another strong vote for using a dash cam. I wouldn't leave home without it.

Is that what happened? The report does not mention anything about a U-turn, or even if I'm being pedantic, driving against the traffic flow. One could surmise this, but the report is unclear.

And yes, if you are correct, the injured driver was totally reckless and should be severely punished, and made to make retribution to the victim's family. RIP to the deceased victim.

I surmised it.. its kinda hard to get a head on collision if you are both on your side of the road. (a real head on collision)

Never going to stop the stupid crazy driving habits in Thailand but what the government should do is make all road vehicles have full class 1 insurance. Someone has to pay for the reckless driving, so why not any one that drives? especially the motorbikes.

As for kids on motorbikes I am not sure how the Thai Government can deal with that one except confiscate the bikes.

Amazing again the driver that caused the collision lived and an innocent person dies.

It happens worldwide.

Such death rarely happen worldwide because only countries that are near achieving nirvana do not impose the crash helmets rule...

Are you joking . Dangerous drivers are in every country. It just happens to be worse in Thailand.

You hit the nail.

Learning how to make "Tamboon" to the monks is more important for the school than education.

Finishing University studies with an education level slightly above a monkey.

TIT

The standard of education here amazes me , our son is in uni ,he lived in the UK for many years ,i have posted before that the uni got him to help teach English , now they have asked him to translate documents from Thai to English for them , for Gods sake he is a student , where are the teachers ?

I surmised it.. its kinda hard to get a head on collision if you are both on your side of the road. (a real head on collision)
The report states that the crash occurred in Soi 8 off Threpasit Rd. There are no U-turns in this Soi, it's single lane in both directions.

From the report and the witness account, it's quite clear that the injured person was riding like an idiot and at speed (as the witness confirmed he had had to take evasive action to avoid the injured person's bike just before the fatal crash).

We never seem to hear about farangs getting killed in bike accidents these days, I know of 3 in the last few months, not one made the news.

Any reason for that Pattayaonenews?

Good question bartender100, I had been checking the news regarding two (British) guys who had been killed in relation to motorbikes in Pattaya in the last couple of months. Couldn't find any reporting on either case.

I wonder if it has anything to do with promoting how safe the place is??

I had a Thai on a bike hit me directly head-on at 7/30 at night with his lights on.

He'd been drinking Lao Khao after work and I guess went to sleep.

He demolished the front of my bike and luckily, instinctively from my gymnastics day I tucked and rolled before I landed.

Just lost a bit of bark and a sore neck.

The local police Major attended the scene and wouldn't sign off on it until he paid Honda to rebuild my bike (under threat of a DUI charge confirmed by BAC tests at the hospital).

Edited by Evilbaz

We never seem to hear about farangs getting killed in bike accidents these days, I know of 3 in the last few months, not one made the news.

Any reason for that Pattayaonenews?

Good observation. I for one have noticed a lot of news not making the farang media of late. Could this be the high ethical standards required by the good General/PM or censorship.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Last night, I was going to the gas station in Kata to fill up, when coming around a corner a scooter with two chinese tourists came heading straight to me on my side of the road and I made it just around these blockheads. It can happen everywhere sad.png

Chinese drive on the opposite side of the road in their country. You were on the wrong side - said the chinese...

Any proven sources for where you aquired your figures / percentages?

BTW, I got rear ended (car on car) by a Thai a few months ago, my Thai license had expired, I had 1st class Thai insurance, and a British license (which people will tell you isn't acceptable).

To cut a long story short, the police, and both insurance company reps turned up, all blame was the Thai guys!

Moral of the story; don't believe everything you hear!

Edited by Rimmer
Quoted reply of a removed post removed

I had a Thai on a bike hit me directly head-on at 7/30 at night with his lights on.

He'd been drinking Lao Khao after work and I guess went to sleep.

He demolished the front of my bike and luckily, instinctively from my gymnastics day I tucked and rolled before I landed.

Just lost a bit of bark and a sore neck.

The local police Major attended the scene and wouldn't sign off on it until he paid Honda to rebuild my bike (under threat of a DUI charge confirmed by BAC tests at the hospital).

so are you saying this drunk was not charged for DUI? If so, that is why the mayhem continues.