Need Advice On Face-lift Or Thread-lift (aptos) In Bangkok, Also Liposuction And Dental Implant And Veneers

Addy

I plan to arrive in Bangkok around Nov 1 (with husband and teenage son), and I need advice on where I can get a thread-lift. For those who don't know, a threadlift is a new plastic surgery technique that uses special threads to lift the face - a much simpler procedure. I'm 51, and I think a threadlift would be adequate for me now. I contacted Bumrungard and was informed that they do not perform the technique.

I also need liposuction, as well as laser therapy for leg veins.

Finally, I need a dental implant and porcelain veneers. Can anyone recommend a dentist or dental clinic? I believe it would be best to have the dental work completed first, and then the cosmetic procedures.

I'd also appreciate recommendations on where to stay for one month. My teenage son would like to take kick-boxing lessons and it would be good to be close to a school for him.

Thanks very much for any and all information.

ADDy

I plan to arrive in Bangkok around Nov 1 (with husband and teenage son), and I need advice on where I can get a thread-lift. For those who don't know, a threadlift is a new plastic surgery technique that uses special threads to lift the face - a much simpler procedure. I'm 51, and I think a threadlift would be adequate for me now. I contacted Bumrungard and was informed that they do not perform the technique.

I also need liposuction, as well as laser therapy for leg veins.

Finally, I need a dental implant and porcelain veneers. Can anyone recommend a dentist or dental clinic? I believe it would be best to have the dental work completed first, and then the cosmetic procedures.

I'd also appreciate recommendations on where to stay for one month. My teenage son would like to take kick-boxing lessons and it would be good to be close to a school for him.

Thanks very much for any and all information.

ADDy

:D:D

...and you want to do this all in 1 month ? :o

LaoPo

Yes, I do. But in case it's too much, I'll do it in order of importance (since it seems medically feasible as well). An "immediate dental implant" can be done in one or two visits, as can the veneers. I hope to make those arrangement before I arrive, so I can have that done immediately. Then, I believe I'll have time for the rest.

Addy

If you do a quick search (search function at the bottom of the forum) for dentist, bangkok you will find quite a few threads discussing various dentists in the area.

The thread lifting I don't know. If Bumrungrad doesn't do it, then it may not yet be available in Thailand. Did you try asking them if they know of anywhere in Thailand that does do it? They might be able to suggest somewhere.

My personal dentist has examined the implant site and determined that I have sufficient bone for an implant and was willing to do an immediate implant. (For more $, of course). The veneers should not require any healing. If I can get a thread-lift type of facelift, the healing time is dramatically reduced since there is no cutting. If I can get that much done, I'll be happy. If time permits, then I would proceed with the liposuction and vein treatment.

Could anyone tell me if it's appropriate to ask for a "package price" on dental work (one implant and 8 veneers)?

Also, does anyone know of Dr. Nantapat Supapannachart of Apex Skin Clinics? I believe that the thread lift is available there.

Thanks,

Addy

Hi Addy,

I do not have experience about a Thread-lift but if you look at www.bangkoksurgery.com they offer this kind of operation. I`m thinking about the same procedure for next year so it will be nice if you can post if you have more informations.

Good Luck

Marco

My personal dentist has examined the implant site and determined that I have sufficient bone for an implant and was willing to do an immediate implant. (For more $, of course). The veneers should not require any healing. If I can get a thread-lift type of facelift, the healing time is dramatically reduced since there is no cutting. If I can get that much done, I'll be happy. If time permits, then I would proceed with the liposuction and vein treatment.

Could anyone tell me if it's appropriate to ask for a "package price" on dental work (one implant and 8 veneers)?

Also, does anyone know of Dr. Nantapat Supapannachart of Apex Skin Clinics? I believe that the thread lift is available there.

Thanks,

Addy

Dr. Nantapat no longer does the Aptos threads as the results were so poor. Pretty much the case everywhere; since thermage came out no one doers the threads. She can do thermage for you, but I must warn that the resuklts are very subtle and minor. I had it done twice and ended up going for a face lift nonetheless; in retrospect I wish I hadn't bothered with the thermage as it isn't cheap and it also hurts a lot while they do it. But there is no down time from it.

For face lift, Dr. Amorn Pomee at Bumrungrad is the best but he tends to be booked many months in advance, you may not be able to get on his schedule in time. Yoyu can email and ask. Otherwise, you could go for thermage to see what it does and also have a consultation with him and maybe make a tentative scheduling with him for a later trip. The results of thermage take several months to be fully apparent (although, as I said, there isn't all that much to see in most cases).

For dental -- Bangkok Dental Hospital; see their website which I think has prioce lists. They are good and reasonable.

Dr. Amorn also does liposuction but some issue re scheduling in advance. There are other docs at both Bumrungrad and Yanhee whop also do lipo.

The Dental Hospital's a very well-run place and fees are generally competitive with other first-class clinics in Bangkok, except in the case of implants, which are very highly priced there.

Bangkok Hospital and Thantakit are among the other top places to look at.

My understanding is that a dentist can't be certain whether a one-day implant will work until he starts the procedure, so you should build that contingency into your plans.

If I may take advantage of this thread by a slight deviation for a moment - Does anyone know from experience, or by reputation, if the Chiang Mai Dental Hospital's standards & dentists are as good as the Bangkok Dental Hospital's? In particular for implants? Does it also do instant implants? Are instant implants costlier than the conventional? Does someone have advice on the pro s and con s of instant vs. conventional implants - leaving aside the time?

I got an emailed quote for conventional implants from CM Dental Hospital - the price was only slightly cheaper than in europe - but I'm reconciled to it.

I'm planning for some implants as soon as possible - preferably in CM - and would be most grateful for information.

I don't know anything about Chiang Mai, but I received this quote and information from Bangkok Dental Hospital:

The implant procedure which we use here is Branemark Implant System which is the most expensive implant system. Branemark's system of dental implants has evolved into the most successful implant system in use today. The most of Branemark dental implant have advised leaving implants unloaded beneath the mucosa for 4-6 months for osteointegration. The early loading or one stage implant will use only a few cases.

Also, we do the implant procedure immediately after tooth extraction in some cases. The implant may be not able to fix in every places in jaw bone or not everyone can have it. The addition treatment as bone graft may be required. The estimated cost of single tooth implant included a crown is 120,000 Baht/tooth approximately (surgical procedure, implant fixture, healing cap, abutment connection, gold screw, prosthetic component, crown porcelain with high precious metal).

We usually recommend dental implants to patients who live in Bangkok or travelers who visit here often. The alternative dental treatment for tooth replacement is a dental bridge which is an excellent way to fill in missing-tooth gap with natural-looking artificial teeth. We will be able to finish a bridge work in 5-7 days.

How much was the quote from Chiang Mai?

Andy,

Here is the contact info for a plastic surgeon in Bangkok. He is highly rated although I have no personal experience with him.

Dr. Witoon Wisuthseriwong

220/2-3 Sukumvit Soi 1 (this is beind Bumrugrad Hosp)

Bangkok

Tel: 02 2555525/8

www.witoon.com

Addy, thanks for passing on the info regarding Bkk Dent Hospital's implants. Very pricey. The Cgiang Mai Dental Hospital quoted 80,000B for each implant. Their procedure would also be the lengthier 2-stage one with a 6 month gap between the 2 steps.

I'm going to see them for a discussion of details and, assuming no surprizes during the chat, am minded to stick with them. The very price difference and the greater convenience make substantial points.