Netflix is now available in Thailand

ghworker2010

The Google Chromecast for video plugs into TVs via an HDMI port, gets its Internet via your wifi, and is best powered via an AC power plug.

ok am confused. So it DOES NOT require either a smart device or connection to a PC to actually use it ?

It does require a device of some kind to control it, otherwise you won't be able to do anything with it. This can be a phone, tablet or computer.

How does it connect to my computer ?

You connect it to the same WiFi network as your computer, and then you can use your web browser to control it.

Ok cool. Thanks.

One last question. How do I control the web browser on the computer from my bedroom ?

How does it connect to my computer ?

You connect it to the same WiFi network as your computer, and then you can use your web browser to control it.

Ok cool. Thanks.

One last question. How do I control the web browser on the computer from my bedroom ?

Once you have the chromecast set up, websites that work with it like YouTube and Netflix will have an extra button that allows you to send the video to the Chromecast instead of watching it on the computer.

Why pay for Netflix when www.myblackbox.tv offers even more content with no monthly subscription (including UK/US TV). I believe that they offer next day delivery in Thailand.

Do you have a list of content or channels. I link will suffice.

might as well re-locate the computer next to the TV and plug in direct with a cable if that is the case.

You could always do that, yes.

In theory, you can send any content you can access via the Chrome browser on your PC wirelessly to the Chromecast video dongle, and thus to the TV it's attached to via the HDMI plug-in.

There are no controls on the Chromecast video device itself, except for a small reset button. The Chromecast (about the size of a pack of cigarettes) has one plug that connects an HDMI cable to your television's HDMI jack, assuming it has one. And the Chromecast has another plug that goes into an electrical outlet to provide AC power. (I believe the power adapter they provide is 110/220v compatible).

All of the content sending is done from the Chrome browser or various Chromecast compatible apps. All the Chromecast settings are done either via setup using the Chrome browser or via the Chromecast apps themselves.

I have both a Chromecast video and a separate Chromecast audio device at home here, after having picked them up over the holiday season.

I no longer subscribe to Netflix. But for example, I believe, you could access Netflix Thailand or U.S. on a computer using the Chrome browser, and then wirelessly cast its audio/video feed to a Chromecast-equipped TV in the same or even another room. The same would be true for Chromecast compatible apps for smart phones and tablets in terms of sending content to a Chromecast-equipped TV.

But note: The Chromecast video device only connects to TVs via the HDMI port. AFAIK, it has no normal capability to connect via component, composite, SuperVideo or other similar video connections.

Meanwhile, over in Muslim Indonesia...

Many Netflix users across Indonesia were presented with a troubling issue on Wednesday: their access to the streaming service was blocked.

As reported by the Wall Street Journal, PT Telkom Indonesia, the country's largest Internet Service Provider, blocked access to Netflix because it didn't have the right permits. But it also objected to violent and adult content available on the service.

Netflix told the paper that it doesn't have to get regulatory approval like other providers because it's an optional, Internet-based service. A spokesman for the ISP told the country's Indo Telko that Netflix will only be restored when it addresses its concerns and follows the country's regulations.

Those who don't subscribe to Telekom can still watch Netflix, the Journal said.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2498527,00.asp

Got it on my IOS devices, streams great. What happens if I open the app overseas? Will it work next month when I open the app to stream content in Bangladesh?

If you're in a country where Netflix is available, you'll get the content from the local version.

Well, I don't know about Bangladesh but i sign up on Netflix free trial last week in Thailand and now just open the app on my samsung device in Myanmar and it work the same with the same content

Netflix not supported by SAMSUNG in Thailand. So no app available in their Thai store , calling help desk will get you the reply " we don't support and have no plan to support". Anyway don't buy a samsung "Smart TV" if you want to watch Netflix. Cheaper to buy ChromeCast.

Sorry but i am not sure to understand. I have a samsung phone and i installed Netflix app and use it. And I have Samsung Smart TV (one of the latest model 4k uht something 60") and I have the Netflix app and use it. All in Thailand and purchase in Thailand of course. Do i miss something?

Thats because Netflix is available in Myanmar too - presumably with a pretty similar library to the Thai version.

Yes, I checked & Bangladesh is on Netflix list. I'll find out next week if it works or not & hope the content is similar.

So more expensive than a minix box with the same content then.

Thai price is 5k BHT. Minix comes with free software whereas the Black Box is a proprietary customised platform with iVue etc installed. More of a plug and play solution rather than DIY.

Thats because Netflix is available in Myanmar too - presumably with a pretty similar library to the Thai version.

Yes, I checked & Bangladesh is on Netflix list. I'll find out next week if it works or not & hope the content is similar.

Check out the unogs.com site. There you can see what's playing in a certain country.

• Like 2

So more expensive than a minix box with the same content then.

Thai price is 5k BHT. Minix comes with free software whereas the Black Box is a proprietary customised platform with iVue etc installed. More of a plug and play solution rather than DIY.

According to the www. site you mentioned it is £125.00.... that aint Bt.5,000

I need to wait for the "person" to get his finger off the "make it hard for him to access the page" button

The connection to www.netflix.com was interrupted while the page was loading.

• The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
  • Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Is Netflix limiting content by date of airing, or .. ?

I am a fan of "Suits" and watched some catch-up episodes on Netflix. The presentation is great with no buffering, good picture, etc .. but Netflix programming ended with season 4.

Seems strange as I can watch a number of season 5 episodes on Kodi/Genesis. I'm wondering if they do likewise on other content. They don't seem to do that on "Madam Secretary".

I think it all depends on the licensing deals Netflix has with individual content providers.

In some deals, it may provide for current season access. In other, and probably much of their older deals, Netflix used to get content only at the conclusion of a particular season. But as time has gone along, I believe, they've been trying to move their content deals more in the direction of Hulu in terms of currency.

• Like 1

Netflix not supported by SAMSUNG in Thailand. So no app available in their Thai store , calling help desk will get you the reply " we don't support and have no plan to support". Anyway don't buy a samsung "Smart TV" if you want to watch Netflix. Cheaper to buy ChromeCast.

Sorry but i am not sure to understand. I have a samsung phone and i installed Netflix app and use it. And I have Samsung Smart TV (one of the latest model 4k uht something 60") and I have the Netflix app and use it. All in Thailand and purchase in Thailand of course. Do i miss something?

Yes.

Samsung phones run an OS made by Google.

Samsung TVs run an OS made by Samsung.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just not enough content to satisfy my needs and justify the monthly fee. But then again I am a downloader by heart.

Really? $7 bucks per month is great value, I'll never get through the content. Loads of stuff on there & increasing by the looks of it.

It's great to stick something on my iPad in the evenings, headphones on, peace & quiet no need to wait for downloads.

I agree with downloading though, it has its place & I find it handy to store downloaded stuff for my downtime at work, even though Netflix streams successfully at work too.