British man found dead on Koh Tao

Jonathan Fairfield

I think people the world over should be allowed to go about their business without getting their face smashed in by some crazy scumbag..

The police, whether Juliet Bravo, SomChai, Poon, Dixon, Harry or what ever they are called should be upholding the law of the land, not upholding the rights of those that want to cause harm to others. .

Not much to ask is it ..

Does that make me "middle class" or silly?

In general you are right but in this case someone wasn't "going about their business", he was giving the finger to a local in a bar. Your description "crazy scumbag" could probably be applied to him also.

According to the girl's story (which,remember, was actually the story related by the drunk lad who flipped-off the female bar tender, the girl did not witness the initial event) the police did uphold the law, she said the attacker was fined 10,000 baht. What part of that is upholding the rights of those who want to harm others?

So you are justifying smashing someone's face in for "flipping a finger" -- really

A hand gesture deserves an attack by multiple people - stamping the man into the ground - but hey that's ok a the law is upheld with a 10,000 baht fine ?

Do you not see anything wrong here?

I wonder if you'll be so supportive when it's was your child or your face, or your lovers face that is being smashed in.

So you think that a drunk giving the finger to a woman doing her job is acceptable? Really? Do you have any idea of anything else that lad may have done besides giving her the finger?

I'm supporting no-one and justifying nothing, I am saying that giving the finger is offensive and invites retribution and it certainly is not "going about one's business" as you state.

By the way, there's a picture of him somewhere and his face clearly wasn't "smashed in" as you over-dramatically describe it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew Drummond reporting Luke's sister and friend took pictures of the body which show injuries differing from those claimed by the RTP. This will get interesting once the body is returned to the UK.

yes it will, but don't expect transparency, it hasn't been forthcoming yet..

well there is nothing new here, as I said in an earlier post and many topics before the injuries to David Miller - puncture wounds on several places on his body were not explained and basically ignored by likely the same coroner that examined Lukes body, yes they both drowned - right ?, if you look at the Hannah rape and murder which the court ruled on .......and then David's murder which was actually a separate crime - it actually remains unsolved, even if you believed the DNA evidence ever existed it still doesn't account for David's murder - supposedly he got whacked on the head by a little man half his size with a hoe - I will lay money on that this little man would have difficulty lifting the hoe let alone using it as a weapon in a fight - and then .....well he drowned, forget about the numerous weird puncture wounds on his arms face and neck

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

No need to lay money Smedders, even the RTP realized they couldn't lift the hoe which is why they made them use a plastic dustpan in the "re-enactment."

Be very interesting to see if Luke's wounds bear any resemblance to the shark tooth ring.

I found this report on Rachael Gissing's facebook page, shes the one that organized the appeal for funds to get Luke back home:

This report was just before Luke's untimely death and is dated 27th Dec 2015

Yesterday night my friend Davy got beaten up in ‘The Sunset Beach Bar’ on Ko Tao. What happened is unacceptable. Here is the story.

This all happened so quickly. I was – and still am – so shocked about this event. I could see it was not a fight with other tourists, but that it were people from the staff. Whatever my friend did, I was thinking at that moment, no one ever deserves to be beaten up like this. I talked to other customers afterwards, and they too were shocked by the severe cruel approach. It really looked like they wanted to kill my friend. Not just one push or one punch on the nose, but they were continuously hitting my poor friend who was sitting on the floor like a foetus, his hands on his head, trying to protect his face.

You can read the full report here, scary............

http://www.planelesstravellers.com/travel/yesterday-night-my-friend-davy-got-beaten-up-in-the-sunset-beach-bar-in-koh-tao-what-happened-is-unaceptable-here-is-the-story/

I rest my case

She seems like a silly middle class girl who thinks she can travel to 3rd world countries and enjoy the lawlessness and then when things get ugly thinks the police are going to act like Juliet Bravo.

I honestly cannot figure out why you made that post, I am from the west and I am not silly in any way and I will gladly meet you and do my utmost to ruin your day with polite conversation

we are talking about kids on holiday wanting to party and have fun - some of them never made it home

So you want to meet me and ruin my day (clearly some kind of strange threat) for writing that this blatant middle class girl is a little naive to expect to go to 3rd world countries, watch their friends take drugs in public, drink to an excess and act like lunatics and then when things go wrong expect 1st world policing and legal systems.

I was talking about not being able expect the same reaction off 3rd world locals who live on a lawless Island as to what you may get at your local Wine bar in Surrey.

Quite clearly i do not back such violence but its just the way it is.

Edited by ffaarraanngg

She seems like a silly middle class girl who thinks she can travel to 3rd world countries and enjoy the lawlessness and then when things get ugly thinks the police are going to act like Juliet Bravo.

I honestly cannot figure out why you made that post, I am from the west and I am not silly in any way and I will gladly meet you and do my utmost to ruin your day with polite conversation

we are talking about kids on holiday wanting to party and have fun - some of them never made it home

So you want to meet me and ruin my day (clearly some kind of strange threat) for writing that this blatant middle class girl is a little naive to expect to go to 3rd world countries, watch their friends take drugs in public, drink to an excess and act like lunatics and then when things go wrong expect 1st world policing and legal systems.

I was talking about not being able expect the same reaction off 3rd world locals who live on a lawless Island as to what you may get at your local Wine bar in Surrey.

Polite conversation is not a threat lol

"Just the way it is" is not acceptable, Thailand relies on tourism for a large chunk of their GDP and has done for years, it is not the fact that these incidents happen it is the way in which they are reported and dealt with, they have had a very long time to put effective measures in place to prevent such violence and keep tourists safe - and violence happens - be seen to investigate and punish those that break the law rather than cover it up as some freak accident, there is no excuse and no justification, young people arrive here and expect there to be a safe environment to holiday, if authorities keep covering up these incidents then nobody is any the wiser, Police blamed Luke for his demise - it was his fault for being drunk, that is the official story, same as women get raped because they wear sexy clothing, they keep covering this stuff up instead of dealing with it effectively

Lawless Island just about sums it up and the police unfortunately seem to be part of it - it cannot be allowed to continue

The Government should now order that "Every" incident on Koh Tao should be investigated by the DSI and the CIFS, it is obvious the locals cannot be trusted, I would also add that all local police there should be transferred with immediate effect - clean sheet

"Just the way it is" is not acceptable, Thailand relies on tourism for a large chunk of their GDP and has done for years, it is not the fact that these incidents happen it is the way in which they are reported and dealt with, they have had a very long time to put effective measures in place to prevent such violence and keep tourists safe - and violence happens - be seen to investigate and punish those that break the law rather than cover it up as some freak accident, there is no excuse and no justification, young people arrive here and expect there to be a safe environment to holiday, if authorities keep covering up these incidents then nobody is any the wiser, Police blamed Luke for his demise - it was his fault for being drunk, that is the official story, same as women get raped because they wear sexy clothing, they keep covering this stuff up instead of dealing with it effectively

Lawless Island just about sums it up and the police unfortunately seem to be part of it - it cannot be allowed to continue

The Government should now order that "Every" incident on Koh Tao should be investigated by the DSI and the CIFS, it is obvious the locals cannot be trusted, I would also add that all local police there should be transferred with immediate effect - clean sheet

Thailand is a corrupt Banana Republic with a police force whose job is to steal as much money as they can to send up the food chain whilst getting a few extra baht for themselves, yet you think they are going to bite the hand that feeds them. Its been like this long before gapyear students, British buytolet landlords and pensioners decided things must change, once they realised things aren't quite how they thought it was.

The Thai government are fascists who took over the country by force, their job is to keep the status quo, a status quo in which the ruling class can continue to rape, murder and do as they please whilst helping themselves to the vast wealth that the people of Thailand produce. Yet you seem to think they care and will change things because of a few murdered foreigners, when the airports bring in an endless supply of sheep from Europe to fleece.

Middle class girls complaining about feral violence on the internet or to the local bought and paid for plod aren't going to change things, and from what i see no one can make things more humane and civilised in this country.

Thailand is the way it is, and if you want safe and civilised stay well clear of the place and go to Cornwall.

Edited by ffaarraanngg

Only transferred? To the proverbial inactive post I assume? You have already taken the Thai path of acquiescence.

Involving the DSI and CIFS only means more, fatter envelopes. This will have absolutely NO impact on the lack of law enforcement which is the perpetual key to the woes of Thailand.

"Does that make me "middle class" or silly?"

IMHO, if anyone goes to Koh Tao without doing 30 seconds of research on Google to find out the past history of fellow travelers there....

Then they are stupid, ignorant and negligent for not having done "due diligence".

Doesn't matter if they are University students or your typical Cockney workman with an inheritance, anyone that fails to do research on their foreign destination in a THIRD WORLD COUNTRY is unimaginably stupid and deserves everything they get.

That's a simplistic view from a simple person, your at it again mister Mexican.

Simpletons tend to have simplistic views. don't mock the afflicted.

Nice to see that this thread has quietened down.

Presumably all those who were screaming about a drowning being a murder and "waiting until Millar's friends got somewhere safe so we can be told what really happened" have realised that they were barking up the wrong tree. If there were going to be any revelations from Millar's friends who were with him we would have heard them by now.

It's seems that, after all, a drunk drug user accidentally drowned.

Clearly the folk that were with him don't think he drowned.

They are waiting for Luke to be retuned to his home country.

His name was Luke.. he was a person. let's not forget that..

Presumably all those who were screaming about a drowning being a murder and "waiting until Millar's friends got somewhere safe so we can be told what really happened" have realised that they were barking up the wrong tree. If there were going to be any revelations from Millar's friends who were with him we would have heard them by now.

If your looking for news then you can go to Luke's (Justice for Luke) Facebook groups page. Its far from over there with the people close to him and his friends> They are still waiting for the body to be returned and then a UK post m. I would refrain from your opinions there however!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1695729067325810/

If your looking for news then you can go to Luke's (Justice for Luke) Facebook groups page. Its far from over there with the people close to him and his friends> They are still waiting for the body to be returned and then a UK post m. I would refrain from your opinions there however!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1695729067325810/

The British Prime Minister intervened in the Witheridge and Miller case, the Metropolitan police flew out, it was covered in every major newspaper on the planet and in reality the outcome was finalised within minutes of the new Thai copper being put in charge of the case.

Sadly there is nothing these people can do to get a truth they will be content with in this case.

Whatever the Thais have said happened is what they are going to be sticking to no matter what evidence to the contrary they can produce.

Clearly the folk that were with him don't think he drowned.

They are waiting for Luke to be retuned to his home country.

His name was Luke.. he was a person. let's not forget that..

Clearly the "folk that were with him"... weren't with him at all or else there wouldn't be all this speculation. Of course some of the folk could easily have been with him but have chosen not to say as much.

To summarize the yesterday night my friend Davy got beaten up...

You were drinking. On Koh Tao. After 11 pm. Then you decided to keep drinking. Buckets. Pool. <incident occurs>. Then you hear there might be "mafia" on the island. Then you Google.

Wow! These people must be geniuses!!!

Just like you!

well you really did get that the wrong way round, sensible people are not making that call until a trusted autopsy can be carried out in the UK, if you want to believe he drowned - up to you but smart people here suspect something different, you go ahead and believe everthing the Thai police on Koh Tao are saying - and I will broaden that thought out to Hannah and David MIller and a few other recent deaths on that Island - believe what you want but professional educated people posting on this thread know or suspect what is going on there, you can roll over feet apart and take what you are being served I am sure it is worth it lol, brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it

well you really did get that the wrong way round, sensible people are not making that call until a trusted autopsy can be carried out in the UK, if you want to believe he drowned - up to you but smart people here suspect something different, you go ahead and believe everthing the Thai police on Koh Tao are saying - and I will broaden that thought out to Hannah and David MIller and a few other recent deaths on that Island - believe what you want but professional educated people posting on this thread know or suspect what is going on there

oooops duplicate post sorry guys - tried to edit the other one and something went wrong, windows 10 and Edge is hit and miss

To summarize the yesterday night my friend Davy got beaten up...

You were drinking. On Koh Tao. After 11 pm. Then you decided to keep drinking. Buckets. Pool. <incident occurs>. Then you hear there might be "mafia" on the island. Then you Google.

Wow! These people must be geniuses!!!

Just like you!

The geniuses are those pretending to be dive instructors and taking people to their death in Phuket and the surrounding Islands - how many is it now

Oh and BTW I am a qualified rig diver, yes pressurised for 6 weeks, I have seen what goes on in the south west, you should all be ashamed of yourselves pretending to be instructors - and I personally know a few guys who worked there and they walked away once they saw what was going on, a taxi driver from the UK as a dive instructor - really

It is really a shame that people come on here and try to defend/deflect the obvious..........you honestly are wasting your time

The current Thai government need to take a long hard look at what is going on on these Islands, at least evict these people/scum that are occupying sovereign land, all these Islands are national parks and owned by the King of Thailand and the Thai people, send in the bulldozers and flatten the lot, it is a disgrace

It is really a shame that people come on here and try to defend/deflect the obvious..........you honestly are wasting your time

The current Thai government need to take a long hard look at what is going on on these Islands, at least evict these people/scum that are occupying sovereign land, all these Islands are national parks and owned by the King of Thailand and the Thai people, send in the bulldozers and flatten the lot, it is a disgrace

After the mayor of KPG having been actually arrested yesterday for an attempted hit on a competitor, who knows? Maybe they will. Big 'maybe' though.

well you really did get that the wrong way round, sensible people are not making that call until a trusted autopsy can be carried out in the UK, if you want to believe he drowned - up to you but smart people here suspect something different, you go ahead and believe everthing the Thai police on Koh Tao are saying - and I will broaden that thought out to Hannah and David MIller and a few other recent deaths on that Island - believe what you want but professional educated people posting on this thread know or suspect what is going on there, you can roll over feet apart and take what you are being served I am sure it is worth it lol, brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it

Just asking smed and I really don't know what happened to this young guy, so i will refrain from listing what I believe to be the causeation but can I ask you, what if an autopsy held in the UK backs up the findings here in Thailand? Where will all the smart, professional and educated people be then.

I think it is a little ill conceived of you to suggest that others opposing you view are dumb, non-professional and uneducated people. May I also ask one last thing, you have been on and on about this being foul play, is it not just as conceivable that it was not?

Edited by Si Thea01

Is there anything to suggest this was foul play, other than that it happened on Koh Tao?

Andrew Drummonds blog makes mention of "reliable sources" saying there were multiple injuries to Luke Miller's body, none of which were consistent with the barb wire theory.

The same blog mentions mafia turf wars full on with gunfire which has led to the arrest of a prominent Samui archipelago person mentioned in a post here earlier today.

Is there anything to suggest this was foul play, other than that it happened on Koh Tao?

Andrew Drummonds blog makes mention of "reliable sources" saying there were multiple injuries to Luke Miller's body, none of which were consistent with the barb wire theory.

The same blog mentions mafia turf wars full on with gunfire which has led to the arrest of a prominent Samui archipelago person mentioned in a post here earlier today.

hahaha...i often lie awake at night listening to the sounds of gunfire!!...mafia turf wars and gunfire on koh tao??...hahah.....have any of you actually been to koh tao??