Aussie couple who sought Thai girl's help were never robbed, police say

webfact

"However, tourist police told the press last night that it was unlikely the couple had been robbed as they had previously told police earlier in the month they had already lost their ATM cards and credit cards. They had also been kicked out of hotels in Kanchanaburi twice this month due to drunken rampages."

OK, they are low lifes and probably weren't robbed judging by their past actions, but surely their claims should be investigated before being dismissed.

No the crime should not be investigated but they should be.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"However, tourist police told the press last night that it was unlikely the couple had been robbed as they had previously told police earlier in the month they had already lost their ATM cards and credit cards. They had also been kicked out of hotels in Kanchanaburi twice this month due to drunken rampages."

OK, they are low lifes and probably weren't robbed judging by their past actions, but surely their claims should be investigated before being dismissed.

No the crime should not be investigated but they should be.

Surely by doing the one the other will be accomplished.

According to his Facebook page, there is another twist, her name is Jo Bunner not Emma Bunner. https://www.facebook.com/liam.endersby.9?fref=ts and she is Swedish not Australian, her Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/josephine.bunner?pnref=lhc However, both are living in Western Australia.

Edited by Phuketboy

So much have been written here with names calling about farang being scammed by the locals.....here we have thais being scammed by farangs....so what you say.... bah.gif

We are not sure the Ozzie couple were scamming, but if they were, I'd say go for it.

I firmly believe there are farangs who are just as low-life scammers as any Thai, Chinese, Russian--I guess they're covered with farang--or Muslim.

Doesn't it just make you proud.

So, you are saying that it doesn't matter if they were robbed?

They aren't nice people so why bother?

Great philosophy.

Let's look at it this way and I saw a fair bit of this through my career.

You lay with dogs and you get fleas.

When scumbags fall victim (apparently), to their own kind, it's kind of karma and if the low life would just focus on feeding off each other, all the better.

The Police are a limited resource, don't you think they'd be better off investing their time taking care of some decent folk?

I will save my tears for someone else thanks. biggrin.png

I agree that they do appear to be a miserable pair [according to the tourist copper] but they should have their claim investigated.

If false then deport them, if not then there is the chance that whoever robbed them will do so again and it would be best to catch them.

Their next victims may not be so [allegedly] unlikeable.

If they'd been deported already, due to previous proven bad behaviour, this "robbery" wouldn't have happened!

Doesn't Australia have a special word for these sort of people?

Bogan or something?

No, its 10 pound tourist.

Your, by your name, are a "sandgroper" (the derogatory name for a person from Western Australia), as are they by many accounts here. A "ten pound tourist" is a derogatory name for immigrants who went to Australia by assisted passage, which ended approximately over 40 years ago. By looking at their photos I'd say they're much too young for that. But they like you may be descendants of immigrants, as are all Australian, except the Aborigines. These two people bring shame on all Australians,. Please don't add to that shame by using uneducated remarks.

Well, I don't think that police would be highly motivated to investigate such a small case. I rode a tuk-tuk with my girlfriend a few years ago, when a thief approached us on a bike and cut her handbag. OMG, I love this woman and glad that she later agreed to be my wife - she even organised the pursuit, asking tuk-tuk driver to give chase to the thief! It was really fast and furious, but vainly - thief ran away in the evening traffic. Kind tuk-tuk driver visited with us the police station somewhere near Siam Square and explained what happened to the kind officer, who filled a report with the list of stolen items (I remember iPhone and small camera), and there the matter dropped. All we have in memory of that incident is police report written by beautiful Thai letters. I keep it as a souvenir.

Deport them? Back to Western Australia?

We don't want them.

Put them in the monkey house and leave them there.

Drongo = someone who is chronically stupid.

Maggot = Reserved term for Aussie Rules Football umpires. To be booed at every opportunity.

Bogan = Could easily be your good suburban neighbour.

This couple are just oxygen thieves.

So much have been written here with names calling about farang being scammed by the locals.....here we have thais being scammed by farangs....so what you say.... bah.gif

I'd say these low life should be thrown in the bighouse and be made to pay every penny back.

Australia has plenty of bogans on it's shores and some of them seem to be making their way to Thailand.

And what country would you come from UK, US, India etc? Being stupid has no boundaries. Don't judge the actions of two idiots as indicative of the country.

TM30 should make these two easy to find, just a little talk from immigration or tourist police would be great experience for the two scam artist. Going to be a while before i trust any slim girl with an accent claiming the need for help.

So, you are saying that it doesn't matter if they were robbed?

They aren't nice people so why bother?

Great philosophy.

Let's look at it this way and I saw a fair bit of this through my career.

You lay with dogs and you get fleas.

When scumbags fall victim (apparently), to their own kind, it's kind of karma and if the low life would just focus on feeding off each other, all the better.

The Police are a limited resource, don't you think they'd be better off investing their time taking care of some decent folk?

I will save my tears for someone else thanks. biggrin.png

I agree that they do appear to be a miserable pair [according to the tourist copper] but they should have their claim investigated.

If false then deport them, if not then there is the chance that whoever robbed them will do so again and it would be best to catch them.

Their next victims may not be so [allegedly] unlikeable.

If they'd been deported already, due to previous proven bad behaviour, this "robbery" wouldn't have happened!

If they actually did act as the tourist copper claimed I'd agree.

If they are the same couple I'd agree.

However the crime should still be investigated.

And if the bib, tourist or otherwise, were a proper force it would be.

By the look of that scumbag a good wash and shave would not do him any harm,and as someone already said if you lay with dogs you get flees,look at both of them,just made for oneanother,pair of low bags,what comes around goes around.

She has very clean feet, always a good benchmark.

Didn't know that shaving was now compulsory, that's the government for ya!!!

Edited by roo860

Sadly, once again, if report correct, selfish Australians behaving badly who are a disgrace to their country's reputation.....should be immediately deported; not welcome or wanted in Thailand!!

Edited by eggers

Bogan or something?

Your, by your name, are a "sandgroper" (the derogatory name for a person from Western Australia), as are they by many accounts here. A "ten pound tourist" is a derogatory name for immigrants who went to Australia by assisted passage, which ended approximately over 40 years ago. By looking at their photos I'd say they're much too young for that. But they like you may be descendants of immigrants, as are all Australian, except the Aborigines. These two people bring shame on all Australians,. Please don't add to that shame by using uneducated remarks.

Sandgroper is not actually a derogatory term, it is in fact an insect endemic to the West of Australia (also found in New Guinea and a couple of other places) which is used as a nickname for us. We wear it with pride.

I (and certainly no ALL Australians as you suggest) am not the descendant of a 10 pound pom, or any other 10 pound tourist. Proudly convict bloodline on both sides of my family.

I think in your haste to show just ooooh how well educated and worldly you are (Google educated as it may be), you missed, what I think was the sarcastic deflection in sandgroperz post.

Bogan or something?

Yeah old boy, I wrote BOGAN in my post, didn't you read without your glasses on today ? 555555

Actually a Bogan is an uncultured hillbilly. There are some nice people who are Bogans.

To be a Bogan does not necessarily mean that you are a criminal or a lowlife.

I would say that the correct term for this pair(if guilty)would be "no-hoper" or "scumbag".

Bogan or something?

Ten pound pom.....that's me!wai2.gif