UK settlement visa vignette dates

My wife has just received a UK settlement visa (very quickly - only four days from submission to decision!).

Unfortunately, for unforseen reasons, she will not be able to travel to the UK until the day AFTER the 30-day entry vignette expires.

Obviously will have to request a new vignette. I assume that we will have to complete a new online visa application and my wife will have to visit VFS again. Anyone actually done this - and can we do it anytime within three months of travel to uk?

Does anyone know if a new vignette can be obtained before the old one expires?. E.g. vignette expires on 8th of the month but my wife needs to travel on 9th....So need to obtain a new vignette well before the old one expires.

I would think so, but I don't know for sure.

• 4 weeks later...

For the benefit of others who have to do this, here is what I did:

1. Needed a new 'Entry Clearance' vignette in wife's passport due to a change in travel plans which meant travelling after the 30 day period stated on the vignette.

2. You need to do an online application via the VFS website, but choose 'visa type' as 'Other' and select 'Vignette Transfer'. Complete the online visa form, which is an abridged version of the Spouse Visa form. The requested 'valid from' date must be within three months of the date of ONLINE application.

3. Pay online (188USD in my case).

4. Choose VFS Trendy appointment date and time, and print out form.

5. Wife has to go to VFS, Trendy, with passport, photo and signed print-out of form.

6. Biometrics taken again.

7. A week later the passport came back with 'CANCELLED' stamped across the original vignette and a new vignette in place, with the new date.

Edited by HauptmannUK
  • Like 1