BBC journalist stopped from flying to US

webfact

BBC journalist Rana Rahimpour stopped from flying to US

LONDON: -- A BBC journalist with dual British-Iranian nationality has been prevented from flying to the US after falling foul of changes to visa rules.

Rana Rahimpour was told by US authorities she could not travel under a visa waiver scheme.

Under new laws, dual citizens from several nationalities must instead apply for a visa at the US embassy.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35358362

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2016-01-20

The whole visa-waiver scheme should be scrapped...at least with regards to all the European countries. They have admitted millions of economic migrants into their countries, with likely hundreds/thousands of terrorists sleeper members/cells embedded in the flow. There are also thousands of "home grown" Islamic terrorists on the loose in Europe who carry various European passports. The waiver program was instituted with the understanding that these were European secularized democracies...not radical Islamic states.

Her name alone is suspect...put on the list for a full-body pat-down and internal cavity search if she ever tries to enter the US thumbsup.gif

She seems more like an over-entitled cry-baby to me...and she's not a journalist...only a newsreader.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

God, the clowns are out in numbers, today!

She will be granted a visa. A bit of interesting detail...

Rahimpour’s case is particularly important. Iran has been hostile toward the BBC Persian service staffharassing them directly or mistreating their family members living in Iran. Because of her work at the Persian service, Rahimpour has not been able to visit Iran for more than seven years.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jan/19/bbc-journalist-stopped-from-flying-to-us-over-uk-iranian-nationality

The BBC is possibly the most loathed organization in the UK. Forcing everybody in the UK (except foreigners) to pay ridiculous amounts of money per annum for what essentially amounts to an ISIS/islam propaganda mouthpiece. I stopped paying the license back in about '89 and probably still have a warrant out and fine accruing compound interest because of it. screw'em.

The BBC is possibly the most loathed organization in the UK. Forcing everybody in the UK (except foreigners) to pay ridiculous amounts of money per annum for what essentially amounts to an ISIS/islam propaganda mouthpiece. I stopped paying the license back in about '89 and probably still have a warrant out and fine accruing compound interest because of it. screw'em.

I cannot begin to imagine what sort of a twisted filter one would need to view the world with in order to reach the conclusions above. The BBC is the most loathed organisation in the UK? What utter bilge! ISIS mouthpiece? You need to lay off the sangong, my friend.

Most loathed organisation?

Slight exaggeration?

How about universally admired as the greatest public broadcaster in the world?

If you can't afford the trifling fee, I'll pay it for you

Most loathed organisation?

Slight exaggeration?

How about universally admired as the greatest public broadcaster in the world?

If you can't afford the trifling fee, I'll pay it for you

Yeah, but I bet, despite not paying for it, he still watched it.

biggrin.png

I have a great deal of admiration for the BBC and I get the opportunity each morning to listen to them.

In this article, however, I think she is not being allowed to enter because of dual nationality, not because she is a BBC journalist.

Many of the current Asylum Seekers/Refugees/Economic Immigrants that are flooding Europe are not an immediate threat to the US. It will take them some time to acquire European passports and then if they are dual nationals of some countries, they will have to apply for a visa.

Her name alone is suspect...put on the list for a full-body pat-down and internal cavity search if she ever tries to enter the US thumbsup.gif

She seems more like an over-entitled cry-baby to me...and she's not a journalist...only a newsreader.

Nice to see your narrow minded bigotry covers multiple threads. Just remind me how many home grown nutters America has generated to murder its own people?

Nice to see your narrow minded bigotry covers multiple threads. Just remind me how many home grown nutters America has generated to murder its own people?

Sometime I think that some posters would make supporters of the KKK blush...

She works for the BBC, nice looking, well spoken and obviously well educated, unable to find any back ground info on her, but many Iranians came to the UK decades ago after the fall of the Shah.

If you search Youtube one can find some of her reports.

https://youtu.be/bZYv1TNMFU8

Bit of a dilemma for the BBC..... to criticise or not to criticise...

Pro-"Refugee" bias vs Special Relationship

No dilemma at all.

The BBC operates on a single metric known as PVL (Perceived Victimhood Level). The higher your PVL, the more the BBC will defend you.

Refugees naturally have a much higher PVL than America, just as migrants to Europe have a higher PVL than women and so are left largely uncriticised for their rapes and sexual assaults over the New Year.

The US, in fact, has a negative PVL -- it is not a 'victim' at all, and if you're not a 'victim', then you're an 'oppressor', which is why the BBC misses no opportunity to take swipes at the US.

Try to contain your USA bashing long enough to stay on topic...which is the denial of travel privileges to the USA for a self-agrandized television newsreader.