Where to get good bargain in Pattaya for badminton rackets ?

thairookie

I'm only aware of SuperSports at Central Festival Mall where they have a good range of badminton rackets. However, most of the time the rackets are above market price.

I used to get good bargains at sports store within Robinsons, but that is in Bangkok.

Where do you normally get your badminton rackets ? I believe the other SuperSports at Central Big C belong to the same group and prices are the same.

I brought my last good ones in from the US on a return trip. Prices here are definitely more. We play in the pool, so rackets don't last long! A fair selection at Tesco South Pattaya, but mostly low end ones. The sports store at the nearby outlet mall has a fair selection. I've not tried, but what about lazada online? I've about in need of some new ones and might try that as a source.

I brought my last good ones in from the US on a return trip. Prices here are definitely more. We play in the pool, so rackets don't last long! A fair selection at Tesco South Pattaya, but mostly low end ones. The sports store at the nearby outlet mall has a fair selection. I've not tried, but what about lazada online? I've about in need of some new ones and might try that as a source.

It's better to get a feel of the weight and grip before buying. So Lazada is definitely not my preferred mode of purchase. Yeah, I think I would make a trip to the shop near Outlet Mall. I thought I saw a giant racket on display.

The place opposite the night market on Thepprasit is called Sports Max. You can't really miss it - huge tennis racket outside. Went past a few days ago and they are advertising a sale at the moment - up to 70% off. Stepped inside to ask if any of the boxing gear they sell was included in the sale and was advised it is only on the racket sports equipment.

There's a badminton club on Third Rd, not far from the junction with Soi 17, and I think there's a small sports shop selling badminton equipment across the street from there - could be worth a try too.

The place opposite the night market on Thepprasit is called Sports Max. You can't really miss it - huge tennis racket outside. Went past a few days ago and they are advertising a sale at the moment - up to 70% off. Stepped inside to ask if any of the boxing gear they sell was included in the sale and was advised it is only on the racket sports equipment.

There's a badminton club on Third Rd, not far from the junction with Soi 17, and I think there's a small sports shop selling badminton equipment across the street from there - could be worth a try too.

You are correct. The place at Thepprasit is called Sports Maximum and they have a website www.sportsmaax.com that showcases their range of products.

Not familiar with 3rd Road but I suspect you are referring to Diamond Badminton Hall. No ? I'm told the stuff sold at the club are overpriced. 80 baht for one shuttlecock.

The wife buys hers at Tesco ,but then she only plays with the ladies who run and want to keep slim biggrin.png

Tesco is out of the question for me, I'm afraid.

The shop at Thepprasit carries many brands except the most famous brand in badminton - Yonex. What an irony !

The wife buys hers at Tesco ,but then she only plays with the ladies who run and want to keep slim biggrin.png

Tesco is out of the question for me, I'm afraid.

The shop at Thepprasit carries many brands except the most famous brand in badminton - Yonex. What an irony !

OK, try Big C then.

You are correct. The place at Thepprasit is called Sports Maximum and they have a website www.sportsmaax.com that showcases their range of products.

Not familiar with 3rd Road but I suspect you are referring to Diamond Badminton Hall. No ? I'm told the stuff sold at the club are overpriced. 80 baht for one shuttlecock.

Yes, Diamond Badminton was the place I was referring to and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the shuttlecocks are expensive in the club itself - after all, run out of shuttlecocks half way through a game and what you gonna do...? It's a captive audience.

In any event, it was the small sports shop across the street that I was actually suggesting could be worth a try. I found it on Google Earth for you:

post-14840-0-50294100-1454302218_thumb.j