Sober driver slams into Phuket Police Station

webfact

Sober driver slams into Phuket Police Station
Phuket Gazette

pol.jpeg
Ms Sriwan told police that she was hit from behind and then lost control of the vehicle. Photo: Phuket City Police

PHUKET: -- An entirely sober woman survived slamming her car into the outer gates of the Phuket Provincial Police Station Sunday morning.

Sriwan Saelong, 30, was only slightly injured during the accident.

"Ms Sriwan told us that she had just overtaken a black car at about 2:30am as she was driving down Yaowarat Road. The car she passed then turned right onto Nakhon Road, crashing into the back of her car," said Lt Col Sakchai Chunyong of the Phuket City Police. “She lost control of the her vehicle and crashed into the wall.”

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Sober-driver-slams-Phuket-Police-Station/62961?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-01-25

So she was overtaking a car which was about to turn right... It seems the car clipper her rear as she overtook.

Quite amusing that the headline draws specific attention that no-one was drunk... almost as if the journalist is incredulous at the idea that someone on the road at that time isn't drunk !

If she was sober did she try to damage the police station. Police should have a camera camera even if not awake for this accident. No evidence but detain her with out no guilt or law breaking on her part.Probably found person that hit her but as usual in Thailand no insurance! Let her pay the Thai way!

Maybe no alcohol in he system but I am not sure what she was doing passing a car

at very high speed that was turning right. Maybe the driver did not signal, not sure

but you should pass with caution not reckless abandon. whistling.gif

So she was overtaking a car which was about to turn right... It seems the car clipper her rear as she overtook.

Quite amusing that the headline draws specific attention that no-one was drunk... almost as if the journalist is incredulous at the idea that someone on the road at that time isn't drunk !

That doesn't make sense.... If the car in front was slowing down to turn, and she was going faster to overtake, the only scenario that makes sense is that she pulled back into the origional lane too soon, effectively side swiping the first car... Putting her in the wrong, whilst overtaking.

And so, why wouldn't the other driver stop, if just sideswiped? Maybe he/ she was drunk and fled

That doesn't make sense.... If the car in front was slowing down to turn, and she was going faster to overtake, the only scenario that makes sense is that she pulled back into the origional lane too soon, effectively side swiping the first car... Putting her in the wrong, whilst overtaking.

And so, why wouldn't the other driver stop, if just sideswiped? Maybe he/ she was drunk and fled

you clearly don't live in Thailand. The turning car could of been turning left so she started passing him quickly and then he decided to finaly turn right as he had done the standard idiot's turn left before turning right instead of turning the wheels a bit harder only to the right

Happens to me quite often. I see an idiot and im worried about staying behind him so when i see him turning on 1 side i put my indicator and start passing him and then as soon as im right next to him he decides to turn the other way, as he was just giving himself momentum for a hard 45 degree turn (because an idiot can't do 90 degree turns), i beep my horn and im somehow the bad guy

Edited by bearpolar