Sanders transforms into contender, still pitches revolution

rooster59

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Poor Bernie. Cheated and treated with contempt by the Democrat establishment and Clinton, Inc. Sanders people need to protest this travesty in November. Destroy the Democrat machine.

Says a vile monster supporter. Democrats aren't that stupid ... the greater evil is the vile monster by FAR.

Poor Bernie. Cheated and treated with contempt by the Democrat establishment and Clinton, Inc. Sanders people need to protest this travesty in November. Destroy the Democrat machine.

Says a vile monster supporter. Democrats aren't that stupid ... the greater evil is the vile monster by FAR.

Yea, because the people desperate for change to the system will see that happen with Clinton, Inc.

A True Believer......

Besides having media, money & a system skewed to favor her, she nonetheless still has an army of acolytes worshiping her.

I try to refrain from commenting on people rather then the issue/candidate, but this point is the people.

It is no wonder Sanders has any traction when 50% of Clinton supporters say she could keep running even if indicted. This reasoning, this moral turpitude, is exactly why we see the militant insurgency infecting America- it comports perfectly with her own moral compass. Those on the Right had better get a grip, they are not opposing people following the same rules. The concept of 'any means' is not abstract to these people. They want to steal the Republic, period!

Since I am only referring to the 50% noted in the report there is no reason for the morally right to take umbrage.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/may_2016/50_say_clinton_should_keep_running_even_if_indicted

are you kidding?

Trump said " "I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, okay, and I wouldn't lose any voters, " and you think the left "want to steal the republic" because they would support Hillary even if she got indited?????

Get a grip on yourself.

Do you honestly believe Trump will stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody?

On the other hand Hillary being indicted is certainly within the realm of possibility.

What's your opinion? Should Hillary run if she is indicted?

I think "no"...but you knew that already.

Sanders isn't going to be nominated. That's obvious by now.

I have a question ... do you think Hillary Clinton can get at least 70 percent of Sander's supports, assuming Sanders endorses Clinton, which he obviously will?

Because according to recent electoral college analysis in Wapo, that would translate into a HUGE lead for Clinton over the vile monster.

I realize the active Sanders fans here are more like never Hillary types, but OBJECTIVELY do you think the 70 percent is possible?

You didn't ask me but let me interject...

I believe it is more likely that if Sanders does not get the nomination, 70% of his supporters will likely be protesting something, somewhere or sitting in their dorm rooms eating Fritos and drinking beer on election day.

Some 20% will vote for Trump and the other 10% will write in Sanders' name.

Bernie will get behind Hillary. He knows ANY deal is better for the American people than Trump.

The choice will come down to 'catastrophic' or 'more of the same'.

Pretty easy choice.

You have to always keep in mind Trump's Republican popularity is based on hate speech, racism, ignorance and bigotry. This lack of values is simply not shared by the majority of average Americans. Certainly not the genuine American folks I have ever met.

Let's hope so. Sanders and Clinton supporters aren't really that far apart. I get it that Sanders is the cleaner and ideologically purer candidate of the left, but he's not going to be the nominee, and the focus will need to shift to stopping the vile monster.

A True Believer......

Besides having media, money & a system skewed to favor her, she nonetheless still has an army of acolytes worshiping her.

I try to refrain from commenting on people rather then the issue/candidate, but this point is the people.

It is no wonder Sanders has any traction when 50% of Clinton supporters say she could keep running even if indicted. This reasoning, this moral turpitude, is exactly why we see the militant insurgency infecting America- it comports perfectly with her own moral compass. Those on the Right had better get a grip, they are not opposing people following the same rules. The concept of 'any means' is not abstract to these people. They want to steal the Republic, period!

Since I am only referring to the 50% noted in the report there is no reason for the morally right to take umbrage.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/may_2016/50_say_clinton_should_keep_running_even_if_indicted

are you kidding?

Trump said " "I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, okay, and I wouldn't lose any voters, " and you think the left "want to steal the republic" because they would support Hillary even if she got indited?????

Get a grip on yourself.

Do you honestly believe Trump will stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody?

On the other hand Hillary being indicted is certainly within the realm of possibility.

What's your opinion? Should Hillary run if she is indicted?

I think "no"...but you knew that already.

No I do not believe he would.

However I do believe politicians talk should equal their actions. In this case we can just label Trump a lying sack of sh*t.

Edited by metisdead
2. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording.

I have a question ... do you think Hillary Clinton can get at least 70 percent of Sander's supports, assuming Sanders endorses Clinton, which he obviously will?

Because according to recent electoral college analysis in Wapo, that would translate into a HUGE lead for Clinton over the vile monster.

I realize the active Sanders fans here are more like never Hillary types, but OBJECTIVELY do you think the 70 percent is possible?

Some estimates put that number much higher. Lots of bad vibes from being beat down by Crooked Hillary thus the 'revenge' factor. thumbsup.gif

I would say it's fair to put myself in the never Hillary camp... But would guess your estimate that 70% of Bernie supporters is not likely far off..

With likely 10-20 % possibly going to Trump and a like number likely to sit out...

Again this is just random numbers pulled from the sky... But wouldn't surprise me

I use to think that Bernie would run as a third party but now that Hillary is about to be indicted I really truly think he is going to get the nomination. With that said, do you think Hillary supporters will change over to Bernie or just stay home and sob ? Just wondering

I would bet 70% of Bernie supporters will not support the Clintons. No way in hell is 20% going to vote for the vile, evil, fascist orange monster. Bernie supporters are not dumb ass teabaggers. Although if the teabaggers really want the government to keep it's hands off their Social Security they better jump on the Bernie bandwagon, because both the orange monster and the neoliberal/neocon Clintons will cut it. Of course those figures are meaningless. It is still a long ways between now and Nov. and many things can happen.

I use to think that Bernie would run as a third party but now that Hillary is about to be indicted I really truly think he is going to get the nomination. With that said, do you think Hillary supporters will change over to Bernie or just stay home and sob ? Just wondering

She will not be indicted. But dream on anyway ...

I would bet 70% of Bernie supporters will not support the Clintons. No way in hell is 20% going to vote for the vile, evil, fascist orange monster. Bernie supporters are not dumb ass teabaggers. Although if the teabaggers really want the government to keep it's hands off their Social Security they better jump on the Bernie bandwagon, because both the orange monster and the neoliberal/neocon Clintons will cut it. Of course those figures are meaningless. It is still a long ways between now and Nov. and many things can happen.

Written from the perspective of Never Hillary extremism so to be taken with a truckload of SALT.

Whatever happened to honesty and integrity? I understand telling some white lies or stretching the truth but Trump and Clinton are both down right liars, I refuse to vote for anyone like that, period ! Until people stand up and say enough is enough it is just going to get worse and worse. Those who cave into the lies or vote for these kinds of crooks are part of the problem and I consider enablers. Vote for anyone who is honest, left, right or a moderate. Your vote will do a lot more good as a protest vote and at least you will be moving the country forward and doing your part.

Some may not agree with Bernie's positions but at least he is honest.

It is not extremism to be a "never Clintons". They have a proven track record of destroying lives, livelihoods, and supporting Wall Street criminals. If you don't think both they and the orange monster will support cutting Social Security I've got a bridge from Los Angeles to Bangkok to sell you, cheap. There is no "lesser evil" this year, just a choice between two different kinds of evil. I believe there has been enough posted for an accurate description of what kind of people the Clintons are and how they will run the country, again. If not please do yourself a favor and do a little research. America needs a change for the better of all and neither the neocon/neoliberal Clintons nor the orange monster will do that. With Clintons in the running the Democrats will NOT take back the Senate and will loose seats in the House. Bernie will bring the turnout needed to accomplish both. And yea, the Democrat primary was rigged from the git-go. Even a deaf, mute, blind person would know that.

I wish Bernie and Trump had ran Independent. We would at least have 4 candidates on the ballot and the two corporate parties would have probably finished in 3rd & 4th place in the balloting. That would also help reinforce to the lemming voters that it's ok to vote for an Independent candidate rather than simply voting based on the media fabricated bullshit that a vote for a 3rd party is wasted

I wish Bernie and Trump had ran Independent. We would at least have 4 candidates on the ballot and the two corporate parties would have probably finished in 3rd & 4th place in the balloting. That would also help reinforce to the lemming voters that it's ok to vote for an Independent candidate rather than simply voting based on the media fabricated bullshit that a vote for a 3rd party is wasted

I think Hillary is subservient to the corporate party while The Donald IS the corporate party. There should be a book in the making similar to Thomas Frank's book "What's The Matter With Kansas" only dealing with the topic "how can a corporate insider be seen as being able to fix the corporate state". Fox..hen house

I think a few interesting events will come into play in the next few months.

The way it is looking it is possible that there could be a third or even forth party running this election.

We have the possibility of an indictment of Hillary for emails and who knows wants going to happen about the Clinton foundation.

We also have a major civil case against Trump coming.

And who know what else trump, Clinton or the news channels will dig up.

TV news ratings are going to do well and that's for sure....

She will not be indicted. But dream on anyway ...
I am thinking more than just an indictment for the emails. I think in addition the Clinton Foundation has been doing some funny money handling and Bill and Hillary both will be going down. It is time to pay the piper and I think their luck has run out.

A True Believer......

are you kidding?

Category error.

Trump said this about his supporters.

Hillary's supports said this about her.

They are two entirely different things. If one could marry them into a meaningful observation, it'd be unrelated to mine.

:-)

I think Hillary is subservient to the corporate party while The Donald IS the corporate party. There should be a book in the making similar to Thomas Frank's book "What's The Matter With Kansas" only dealing with the topic "how can a corporate insider be seen as being able to fix the corporate state". Fox..hen house

2016 itself is likely a loss. Four more years of gridlock might be the best outcome. I am thinking more in terms of Bernie and Trump setting the stage for candidates in 2020 and beyond. The current system needs to be blown up before it can be fixed

In such a scenario likely nobody would reach the electoral college total for victory which would take the decision to the house which could then choose any republican they want. Duh. Right wing republicans would love that.

In such a scenario likely nobody would reach the electoral college total for victory which would take the decision to the house which could then choose any republican they want. Duh. Right wing republicans would love that.

I believe you will find only those candidates that have received electoral college votes will be considered by both the House and the Senate.

As a possible solution for Bernie to win, the only way would be if he were to run as a third candidate and actually win his home state, Vermont..

There are a total of 538 electoral votes with 270 required for outright victory.

Let's assume Bernie wins Vermont and their three votes with the remaining 535 split between Trump and Clinton on a 268-267 basis.

The House would then vote, with only one vote per state, for the three remaining candidates. If Congress were to have a complete brain freeze, they could actually vote Bernie into the office.

The Senate would vote on the three vice President candidates that were on their respective tickets.

http://www.270towin.com/news/2012/09/11/what-happens-if-there-is-a-tie-in-the-electoral-college_36.html#.V07gbNSGMri

Just another little reminder that Clinton secures the Democratic ticket that there still currently exits an alternative to the two evils, Jill Stein of the Green Party. True, Stein will not win the election but a strong showing will create a viable third party to the two corrupt parties that are now destroying the country.

And I am not yet 100% convinced that Clinton will secure the nomination given her immediate problems and that she may be the only Democrat unable to win over Trump in a general election. There is a chance that before the convention the idiot and somewhat psychotic Wasserman-Schultz will be removed from her position as DNC head and more rational minds will prevail and convince Clinton to withdraw in order to prevent a Trump presidency. But then we still end up with the failed policies of the Democratic party which is beholden to the Wall Street oligarchy by its support of Neoliberal junk economics.

Edited by Johpa

You didn't ask me but let me interject...

I believe it is more likely that if Sanders does not get the nomination, 70% of his supporters will likely be protesting something, somewhere or sitting in their dorm rooms eating Fritos and drinking beer on election day.

Your analysis predicts that, of the Bernie supporters, 70% will not vote, 20% will vote for Trump, 10% will write in Sanders, and a total of 0% will vote for Hillary.

You seem to have a dim view of the intelligence of Bernie supporters - but if they really act according to your prediction then they deserve to get Trump as #45.