New scam at Suvarnabhumi

Brer Fox

Never buy duty free.....simple solution to the problem, who want that crap anyway....and a lot of extra crap to carry.....And why not just go to the toilet with the bottles, pour it all down the sink, throw the bottles and pass the smirking idiots with a smirk on your face.....

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, mikosan said:

Where's this store please?

I think I read once it is either in the Chatuchak market or nearby. I believe the Customs people who do the confiscating sell it to the person/s who operate the market store. Nice little earner for all party's. 

I have never been checked on my many flights to and from Bangkok. I have never exceeded the limits either. In the past some idiot extremists have tried to blow up aircraft. So they now have rules to prevent idiot extremists from entering aircraft with sufficient non detectable explosives to blow you all sky high. Be thankful of the rules. So far the the rules have been effective. Or fly Allahu el Ackba airlines, they have unlimited supplies of everything bar alcohol.  

At Don Meaung bastards confiscated my power bank - a very common one, obviously the legal 13,000 mAHr. But with the poor quality of the printing it was no longer readable - you could only see where the print had been. eloop 13, great product, (x print) - was very attached to it.

While I was there - sucking as much juice out of the powerbank as possible, before running to gate - they allowed 20,000 mAHr powerbanks through - also crew carrying large sodas - !!

If you have a power bank, get some strong clear sticky tape, & put it over the printing (partic. capacity), to stop it coming off.

On 5/6/2016 at 10:28 AM, PlastikbinLina said:
On 2/4/2016 at 1:23 AM, cgphuket said:

There is a store in BKK where they only sell items confiscated from passengers at either of the airports in BKK. Mostly perfume and booze....

Where is this store please, approximate location will do.

2 hours ago, localczar said:

i have carried numerous items in my carry-on each containing in excess of 200 ml, bottles...containing liquids, fluids....on flights outta hkg NUMEROUS times....never a question from anyone. 

Good for you. It only happens in BKK because it is there the customs are corrupt like everyone else in the Thai civil service. And they only confiscate it at the BOARDING GATE on flights to Australia with the support of Australian Customs. Then Thai Customs sell it to a trader in a local market and pocket the cash. You cannot compare Thailand to Hong Kong when it comes to corruption.

2 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

Good for you. It only happens in BKK because it is there the customs are corrupt like everyone else in the Thai civil service. And they only confiscate it at the BOARDING GATE on flights to Australia with the support of Australian Customs. Then Thai Customs sell it to a trader in a local market and pocket the cash. You cannot compare Thailand to Hong Kong when it comes to corruption.

i departed swampy also NUMEROUS occasions with two liters of alcohol, purchased in King duty free and boarded my flight to international destinations....piece of piss....

Never tried on a flight to Au, but no need to go there, nothing for me, couldn't be arsed.

"good for me"....:partytime2:....maybe they don't like you...

18 minutes ago, localczar said:

i departed swampy also NUMEROUS occasions with two liters of alcohol, purchased in King duty free and boarded my flight to international destinations....piece of piss....

Never tried on a flight to Au, but no need to go there, nothing for me, couldn't be arsed.

"good for me"....:partytime2:....maybe they don't like you...

Sounds like you are due to fall of the bar stool any moment. I wish you a hard landing.

On 03/02/2016 at 9:55 PM, fey said:

duty free or not has nothing to do with it.

you can't board an aircraft with liquid over the stated regulations. it does not matter if you have already been searched or not. if they are found on the plane you also forfeit.

same goes for any other prohibited items you may be carrying.

Rubbish....Once through security for departure, u can purchase bottles of water and any other drink to carry on to the aircraft. I always carry an empty bottle thru security then refill it at a water fountain in departure.

1 minute ago, SunsetT said:

Rubbish....Once through security for departure, u can purchase bottles of water and any other drink to carry on to the aircraft. I always carry an empty bottle thru security then refill it at a water fountain in departure.

My original story on this subject was about planes flying out of BKK into AUSTRALIA. Nowhere else!

They confiscate anything over 100ml (booze, perfume, water anything) at the BOARDING GATE.....repeat BOARDING GATE.....that is after the SECURITY check where they confiscate these same liquids as well! 

The message is clear. If you are heading to Australia from BKK do NOT buy any liquid from duty free stores within the security area. It will be taken (stolen) from you at the boarding gate by Thai Customs allegedly acting on behalf of Australian Customs

If you are travelling out of BKK to anywhere other than AUSTRALIA you will not be affected after you have passed through security check.

Apologies for the LARGE script. It is for the benefit of those who did not read the original story (properly).

50 minutes ago, Brer Fox said:

My original story on this subject was about planes flying out of BKK into AUSTRALIA. Nowhere else!

They confiscate anything over 100ml (booze, perfume, water anything) at the BOARDING GATE.....repeat BOARDING GATE.....that is after the SECURITY check where they confiscate these same liquids as well! 

The message is clear. If you are heading to Australia from BKK do NOT buy any liquid from duty free stores within the security area. It will be taken (stolen) from you at the boarding gate by Thai Customs allegedly acting on behalf of Australian Customs

If you are travelling out of BKK to anywhere other than AUSTRALIA you will not be affected after you have passed through security check.

Apologies for the LARGE script. It is for the benefit of those who did not read the original story (properly).

Apologies to u Brer Fox as I was not intending to rubbish anything u said. I was referring only to fey's statement: 'You cant board an aircraft.....' which I took to mean 'any' aircraft. Apologies to fey too if he was referring only to BKK to OZ flights, but he did not make that clear.

Anyway the mystery is solved in that duty frees for these flights must be delivered to the gate. Duty free staff, however,  should know this and inform you when they ask for your boarding pass. Thats if they even bother to do this in Thailand!

4 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

Hope you don't mind me borrowing your style.

This has NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING to do with THAI customs.

It also has NOTHING, I repeat again NOTHING to do with AUSTRALIAN customs.

11 hours ago, thedemon said:

There are posts in this thread clearly explaining what happened to you and why. For some reason though, you can't or won't understand them.

Instead you keep banging on about some kind of conspiracy between Thai and Australian customs to rob you of a bottle of booze.

I don't know whether you tell lies or not but I am absolutely sure that Thai customs did not take your bottle and neither did anyone show you "Australian customs papers".

You are not a victim of fraud. If anything, you are a victim of your own ignorance.

Sorry, but there it is.

Then try catching a plane to Australia and you will soon find out the truth. 

Flying into Australia

You can purchase duty free items:

• at the last airport you stop at before entering Australia if the duty free retailer provides a gate delivery service
  • onboard the last leg of your flight to Australia
  • upon arrival at an Australian international airport.

http://travelsecure.infrastructure.gov.au/onboard/taking-duty-free-items-onboard.aspx

If you take delivery of the bottles at the store they will not be allowed to board.  

I flew Air China last July from Ulaan Bataar, Mongolia, to Bangkok, with a 23-hour stay in Beijing. I bought vodka duty-free at the airport in Mongolia, in the sealed plastic bag as you describe. Left the airport in Beijing and stayed in a hotel in the city, with my vodka in my carry-on. Checking in the next day, Chinese authorities took a brief look at the vodka and I boarded my flight to Bangkok no problem. I figured that's how it should work, though wondered about the potential security hole.

Maybe the Chinese are too lax, but I think the Thai authorities are being too strict. There's no logic. If you clearly bought it duty-free, where's the security hole?

3 hours ago, LawrenceN said:

I flew Air China last July from Ulaan Bataar, Mongolia, to Bangkok, with a 23-hour stay in Beijing. I bought vodka duty-free at the airport in Mongolia, in the sealed plastic bag as you describe. Left the airport in Beijing and stayed in a hotel in the city, with my vodka in my carry-on. Checking in the next day, Chinese authorities took a brief look at the vodka and I boarded my flight to Bangkok no problem. I figured that's how it should work, though wondered about the potential security hole.

Maybe the Chinese are too lax, but I think the Thai authorities are being too strict. There's no logic. If you clearly bought it duty-free, where's the security hole?

Years ago- early 2000's, there was an incident on a Chinese plane where a guy sprinkled alcohol over a large area, and threatened to ignite it.  That was the start of the no-liquids on Chinese flights, even those bought after the security check in.  For years, they re-inspected everyone's carry on in the jetway to make sure you had no liquids- even bottled water.  Fortunately, that's loosened up quite a bit, but the threat of carrying a flammable liquid is still there.

16 hours ago, impulse said:

Years ago- early 2000's, there was an incident on a Chinese plane where a guy sprinkled alcohol over a large area, and threatened to ignite it.  That was the start of the no-liquids on Chinese flights, even those bought after the security check in.  For years, they re-inspected everyone's carry on in the jetway to make sure you had no liquids- even bottled water.  Fortunately, that's loosened up quite a bit, but the threat of carrying a flammable liquid is still there.

geee... seems there is a "strictly no balls" policy too?

why is everybody acting as if we are all immortals and live forever if no evil terrorist kills us?

manarak. If you got balls fly on a Russian plane to Egypt. I have never been bothered with security checks and are pleased that they stop the low level dicks that want to make a name for themselves. Of course if you really want to risk your taddies, may I suggest flying through Russian held Ukraine

Archived